Instead of Colorless covers

purplemur
purplemur Posts: 454 Mover and Shaker
Instead of colorless covers: offer a re-spec for some variable of: #of stars x (resell value of unused cover)=randomized color.
if you have a 3* rotting in the queue it could be 3(500iso){1500iso} for a chance to get a new color of the same cover.

I think randomized would be beneficial because it allows for the possibility that you might just get the same cover back and have to retry. so if you have a char at 5/2/5 you may have to try several times to get the right one. If you have a heavy weighted char 1/0/5 and you get a re-spec you would be more likely to accept whatever the outcome.
This returns value to the game in a balanced way vs. 1,2,3...13 colorless covers then champ.

I think it makes sense to have color specific staggered development of a character. It makes the search more fun, it makes you try harder if that one color is awarded at 900 points in PvP, it represents the growth a character has as they become more powerful; not just loading up on the one skill that helps in-game.
-some people would totes avoid the 3hanos black until they had to, have Peggy Sez at 5 and then not really push for her,fully maxed true healers to the detriment of their other strengths.

If the devs won't consider some form of change to this issue of high rarity covers that are essentially unusable perhaps then the sell price should be upped to represent a meaningful amount.
5* would return an LT
4* HP/CP
3* Heroic tokens/multiple elites
2* Multiple standards
1* meh..more iso?

Comments

• Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    I was thinking of a different approach to this issue actually so I won't make another thread, just write here.

Whereas your suggestion sounds good, I feel thaf it favours the player more than the devs. In that it does not really offer much profit to them.

Now, I don't know about others but the most real money I have spent on this game was for roster slots. So that got me thinking. Instead of giving colourless covers and the such, how about the option of recruiting and merging?

Having to recruit another character just to wait for the right covers, means that you are essentially wasting a roster slot. But you need to do it. And at a 1k hp per slot, well... You get the idea.

So let's say you've got a 1/1/5 chulk. And you keep missing the other colours. Create a 0/0/? Chulk until the rest covers come. If you are THAT unlucky that you will need a third slot, go ahead. And when able, merge the three
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    "Merge the three" means that you finally have got the other covers, that you championed him, and then you can use all the covers from your "copies"... it's a long and expensive plan...-
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Yeah but this way you don't waste those 5+ covers that you would otherwise sell for 1k iso