Variants in PVP

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Lately we've been seeing more variants in 4* land with the recent additions of Captain Marvel, Blade and Luke Cage. Many players have stated they want 4* PVP.. which would be difficult as a majority of the playerbase is in 3* land. Therefore, what if character PVP you could use either their 3* or 4* variant? For instance, Punisher has a PVP event, I would have the option to use either 3* Punisher (Dark Reign) or 4* Punisher (MAX). Understandably we have many 3*'s without a 4* variant so perhaps we could use their champion character as their "variant". For instance, Squirrel Girl we could use Ant-Man, GSBW we could use Nick Fury, Grocket we can use Star-Lord, etc.

I have more ideas but this is just my initial thoughts and I am curious what other players think. Maybe the reason we're seeing more variants lately is because this is the devs plan for the future. Let the discussion begin.

Comments

• udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    There are two things I like about the combined arms event that just ended. One is that we see much more variation in team comps than normal. Two is that the forced inclusion of a 2* with low health makes the matches much faster and easier for me. I feel like including a 4* as the featured character in the current pvp system would make it less fun because the amount of total health you have to churn through in each match goes up significantly. I don't know that the increase in offensive capability for including the 4* featured would offset that enough to not have a negative impact.

Maybe i'm just a pessimist, but at a glance it looks like it would make hops more time consuming and dangerous.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I put this idea in the (largely ignored) tips & suggestions area:

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=56880
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu wrote:
    I put this idea in the (largely ignored) tips & suggestions area:

https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=56880

Yeah similar ideas.. it's a shame the Tips & Suggestions section is a ghost town.