Introduction of 5*

Vladdy
Vladdy Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Doctor Strange and Thanos had some sort of "celebration" (especially Strange with the new PvE) when they were introduced. Before them I think 5* introduction was just a popup message and an instant inclusion into to legendary tokens. If memory serves Black Widow had a special legendary token but nothing else, right?

Anyway, my point is I like the "celebration". I think 5* characters deserve some sort of special introduction.

So I really hope that this is an ongoing trend.

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Rogers and IM46 had celebrations with Civil War but yes you're correct, only BW (re-run of CW), Thanos and Strange have had special releases and tokens. Black Bolt and Hulk were just pop-ups but now with the new 3/5* release, we might see more celebrations.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like the big events to introduce 5*.
    I don't like the trend of 5*s having a 3* cloned version.
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    I think the 3* version is a great idea for the game, but I would like more effort put into it other than cloning.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    I like the clone because you can test it out before you get the 5*. Also I don't want to have a full 5* roster, i heard it's boring up there in the sky. So playing with the 3* champed version seems like a fun alternative.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think the 3* version is a great idea for the game, but I would like more effort put into it other than cloning.

Agreed. Not sure who else they can do this 5/3* model for but I would at least like to see a better differentiation of the character models. Both Strange and Thanos' 3* counterparts look way too similar.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    The 3* versions so far are: one power is the same (Strange blue, Thanos green), one power the same but loses one feature (Strange yellow, Thanos black) one power is way worse (Both purple). Neither my 3* or 5* versions are usable, but from what I can tell the 3*s passives are the most useful powers.

I like having the 3* clones, tho I agree the characters look too similar. And I like having the special vault at the same 25 cp cost. (was red room 30cp?) I would like special events for each 5*, whether or not they keep the 3* clone trend. Banner and widow felt like weird timing, like no one asked for them to be 5*. A new story or boss event would have made their release better
  • SlappyDingle
    SlappyDingle Posts: 60 Match Maker
    I like the big events to introduce 5*.
    I don't like the trend of 5*s having a 3* cloned version.

Agree with this although I like that the 5* Thanos is wearing the Infinity Gauntlet and is rightly so, more powerful. The 3/5* Strange however, was pure laziness.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't like the simultaneous 3/5 star.png release because it commands twice the roster slots (which I'm sure was a motivating factor for the developers and their bean counters).

I do like the simultaneous 3/5 star.png release because it offers something new for a wider range of players at different roster levels (which was probably also a motivating factor for the developers).

I'm always in favor of big events, regardless if it carries a new release or not. They're just fun.