Avoiding Scaling Issues

Options
peterjb37
peterjb37 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
edited January 2017 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Hey guys I'm getting close to making the transition to using 4*s more often and I want to make sure I don't go too far off the reserve. I just got my 13th cover for 4* Deadpool and I was considering champing him but I want to make sure I don't mess up my scaling too much.

I have seven 5*s with two at level 300, six 4*s that only need a few more covers and 27 champed 3*s. There are a few players in my alliance that say the PVEs are hell for them because of the champed 4*s they have.

Do you think that I should keep levelling up my 4*s or do a soft cap and wait until I have all the covers they need before I continue on?

Here's my roster if you want to take a look: https://mpq.gamependium.com/rosters/adog00706/

Any advice or information on scaling would be great, thanks a lot!

Comments

• Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If I were you I'd stop putting any ISO into your five-star characters. You're not doing your scaling or MMR any favors investing into characters that you don't need to be using. One of the biggest mistakes newer players make is leveling up five-stars because they think the fives will help them - they won't, they'll hurt you by making scaling and MMR unreasonably difficult.

I'd soft-cap your four-stars so that when they're buffed they're still around the same level as your buffed champed three-stars, but go ahead and start champing the fours you want to champ when you have 13 covers, as you don't want to waste any future covers for champ rewards.
  • peterjb37
    peterjb37 Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Thanks for your advice! But yeah I stopped with the 5s. Cap can go to 330, really tempting to give him the iso but I know i shouldn't haha. A few 4s are already in the 200s but I'll stop with them for now. Thank you!