What the Customer Support?!

Reaganstorme
Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
So I reported missing a coalition reward before Christmas due to being in a game at the time the event ended.

After filing a ticket with the usual info I receive this message:
We have conferred with our technicians regarding the issue, and have carefully reviewed your account. Our Technicians believe there is a possibility that the account it's self may be a little damaged - Not enough to damage your progression or any kind of User related content, so please don't be alarmed by that. Damaged in ways that are more along the lines of functionality. With this in mind, our Technicians have hence archived your account, which removes the account entirely from the game, however retains a copy safely on our servers. We have done this to keep it safe as well as remove whatever may be at issue with it while we troubleshoot the problem. Once we are able to ascertain the cause and resolve the issue we will restore your progress back to you.

We would like to request that you now uninstall the game, clear your device's cache, and then reinstall the game once more. If you are able to proceed past the startup screen, we believe the issue should then be resolved. Please begin the game anew and complete the Training phase of the game to get a feel for it in addition to creating a new Username.

Can you verify if this has resolved the issue?

Um... What?

I've just been locked out of my account without being able to let my coalition know, and now need to restart the game to verify i received a coalition reward for a coalition I'm no longer able to access?

Um... What?

NO! THIS HAS NOT FIXED MY ISSUE!

icon_evil.gif

Comments

• MaxMagic420
    MaxMagic420 Posts: 126 Tile Toppler
    Just...Wow. One of my coalition members got locked out of his account somehow, but CS restored his account to somebody else who had been waiting for their own issue to resolve. So these people are not brain surgeons.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    So I reported missing a coalition reward before Christmas due to being in a game at the time the event ended.

After filing a ticket with the usual info I receive this message:
    We have conferred with our technicians regarding the issue, and have carefully reviewed your account. Our Technicians believe there is a possibility that the account it's self may be a little damaged - Not enough to damage your progression or any kind of User related content, so please don't be alarmed by that. Damaged in ways that are more along the lines of functionality. With this in mind, our Technicians have hence archived your account, which removes the account entirely from the game, however retains a copy safely on our servers. We have done this to keep it safe as well as remove whatever may be at issue with it while we troubleshoot the problem. Once we are able to ascertain the cause and resolve the issue we will restore your progress back to you.

We would like to request that you now uninstall the game, clear your device's cache, and then reinstall the game once more. If you are able to proceed past the startup screen, we believe the issue should then be resolved. Please begin the game anew and complete the Training phase of the game to get a feel for it in addition to creating a new Username.

Can you verify if this has resolved the issue?

Um... What?

I've just been locked out of my account without being able to let my coalition know, and now need to restart the game to verify i received a coalition reward for a coalition I'm no longer able to access?

Um... What?

NO! THIS HAS NOT FIXED MY ISSUE!

icon_evil.gif

If I'm not wrong, they saved your account, but want to "reboot" it by getting you to reinstall from scratch before they load back your account into your device.
  • Reaganstorme
    Reaganstorme Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    Ohboy wrote:
    If I'm not wrong, they saved your account, but want to "reboot" it by getting you to reinstall from scratch before they load back your account into your device.

You're not wrong about them saving my account, but...

How exactly am I supposed to verify my original problem, missing a coalition reward, now that I am not able to access my coalition?
  • I had been locked out of the app for 6 days, probably for the same missing account reason.
    I kept tally of all the crystals and cards that I would have gotten and asked for compensation, and got declined.
    They say there will be no compensation for lost account case, even if that is none of your fault. I know how that feels.