Sharing a quirky moment

Mercalla
Mercalla Posts: 94
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
So in a fight and use Colossus' toss ability. Beast goes flying into the air and the next turn comes crashing down and dropping an enemy, I was hoping he would follow up all this aggressive destruction with a beastly group slash to the face and finishing off the node, but instead he finishes his crash with a calmly mixed potion.

Made me laugh and wanted to share icon_lol.gif

Comments

• drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    My favorite was having Colossus throw Cho-Hulk into a Hot Dog Cart. Lots of fun moments resulting from Fastball Special.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Colossus throwing Punisher Max into Merciless Charge is my fave
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    There's absolutely no reason to do this, but it would be entertaining for Colossus to toss Gwenpool, and have her come down and use Plot Armor

GwenpoolIcon.PNG: "Yay! Now it's your turn to fly buddy!"
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Colossus throwing Professor X and him using Blind Spot on the way down. Because invisible paraplegics are the best projectiles!
  • Mechahamster
    Mechahamster Posts: 237 Tile Toppler
    I had a laugh when I pictured Colossus using the Fastball Special on Prof X. icon_lol.gif

Were they fighting a telepathy immune enemy standing on a ledge?
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whenever I use Colossus I feel a strong compulsion to partner him with some form of Wolverine, but a couple of weeks ago during the Thanos PVP I was going deep into my roster because Court Death was taking its toll. This led to some unusual combinations, including Thanos/Colossus/Bagman.

Just because it amused me, I had Colossus use a Fastball Special on Bagman. Upon landing, Bagman really let my foes have it with a scathing Snarky Remark. icon_lol.gif
  • Tarheelmax
    Tarheelmax Posts: 190 Tile Toppler
    My personal favorite is tossing R&G. Colossus throws them, then to have Groot throw Rocket while mid air.
  • DanBenZvi
    DanBenZvi Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Tarheelmax wrote:
    My personal favorite is tossing R&G. Colossus throws them, then to have Groot throw Rocket while mid air.

It's like a Russian nesting doll of thrown superheroes. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Crnch73
    Crnch73 Posts: 504 Critical Contributor
    I've always enjoyed the idea of tossing squirrel girl... she's indestructible, right? so, airborne squirrels. Plus if she lands and does nuts from above, the animation just works! Same thing with Kate Bishop, if she lands and fires the right power, the animation just works.

Anytime you throw storm or 3*mags or war machine, and they land to then fire a power that makes them look like they are flying, I also laugh... it looks like they didn't crash back down, but hovered 6 inches above the ground.

On the note about funny mental image of throwing prof x, the paraplegic, I also laugh at throwing Dare Devil. Throwing a blind guy? I bet he finally feels fear after that one.
  • Uninspired
    Uninspired Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    My favorite is Devil Dino. Tossing a giant dinosaur and having him chomp down on someone upon landing is great, but it's even more amusing when you hurl him into the middle of the enemy and then he...does a little dance.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Colossus throwing Nick Fury is another bizarre one. Clearly, shouting "Avengers Assemble!" works best while rapidly descending towards the enemy formation. Dropping a giant metal throne on them is probably a better idea. But if you're just going to shoot someone, wouldn't it be better to do it on solid ground...?
  • CNash wrote:
    Colossus throwing Nick Fury is another bizarre one. Clearly, shouting "Avengers Assemble!" works best while rapidly descending towards the enemy formation. Dropping a giant metal throne on them is probably a better idea. But if you're just going to shoot someone, wouldn't it be better to do it on solid ground...?

He doesn't have time to finish what he was trying to say before 'SPLAT'. I think it was going to be "Avengers Assemble .. a tarp to catch me with!"
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    icon_colossus_new.png throws medusa_icon.png in the air. As she is about to land patch icon_wolverine.png throws his daggers. medusa_icon.png catches them midair with her glorious hair