Scaling Question with a 5*

JohnnyBlood
JohnnyBlood Posts: 85 Match Maker
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Just wanted to check on this before I invest more ISO to my icon_greengoblin.png . So, if my boosted 4 star.png s are at level 370+, then, I should be able to safely level a 5 star.png to around lvl 350 without being slammed by increased scaling, correct? My icon_greengoblin.png has a juicy 5 blackflag.png and I'd like him to goblin glide some punks to death, but, I don't necessarily want to be stuck only using 5 star.png s when it comes to events. Thanks in advance forumites!

Comments

• drag0n41
    drag0n41 Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I leveled my OML to 360, and have not seen much of an issue in scaling, I don't have to use him if there are good boosted characters. I currently have 22 championed 4 star.png , but leveled my OML when I was around 10. With you having 16 championed 4 star.png your scaling should not be affected much.

The hard node will usually level out at 333 and the 4 star.png essential at 321 for me, which is pretty easy if you have boosted 4 star.png .
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    435 with one 5* is ok.
    It's the second 5 at 400+ that kills you.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've got OML at 350 and he doesn't really mess with my 4* scaling at all. My others are all at 275 or less.
  • drcassino
    drcassino Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    It depends on how many 4*s you have boosted in any given week. If you're confident that you'll have a boosted 4 every week, and that boosted 4 will be at or above 350, (I'd want to have at least 20-25 champed 4s before being sure: I have 27, and had to scramble last month to level someone real fast), you should be fine so long as the level of your 5 doesn't exceed the level of your boosted 4s. However - it also depends on where your other 5s are. Remember, it's based on the mean level of your top characters, so if you already (for instance) have a 5 levelled to 330, boosting Goblin to 350 could have negative consequences for your MMR.
    In summary:
    If you have lots and lots of champed 4s, you should be fine
    If you don't have many champed 4s, you may be hurting yourself at 350, especially in weeks when you're unlucky with the boosts
    If you have another levelled 5 above 300, be very, very careful
  • JohnnyBlood
    JohnnyBlood Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Thanks for the info! Caution will be used icon_cool.gif