Add a Filter to the Battle Roster - Poll & Discussion

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
The one change I loved in 2016 was the filter added the Roster Reward screen. It made it so much easier to sell covers (e.g. all 1*'s) without micromanaging all of your rewarded covers. Recently the devs applied the filer to the Roster screen by Rarity Tier. It's helpful and I do often use it. However, the filter was not applied to the Battle Roster screen. It is still cumbersome to find a specific character to use for battle in PVP or PVE. Normally it's not a huge deal but during events with multiple boosted characters such as the current Combined Arms PVP, I had a difficult time trying to find my few 2*'s mixed in with over 100 characters. It is also a problem in PVP when I want to view my opponent's roster, I have to look through pages and pages to find out how many covers a specific character has.

It seems like an easy fix but it won't be worth the dev's time unless we voice our opinions. Above is a poll and feel free to discuss below.

(yes I understand we still have a lot of bugs and testing issues, but these small changes make the game more user friendly and better overall)
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Other - Yes, but take it a step further and add a filter to the TU send screen too!

It's irritating paging through endless pages of characters when I want to send my Juggernaut and MBW team ups to an alliance mate, and then I come to the end where all of my locked characters who can't send TUs are and have to go back a page because I just impatiently tap the arrow over and over.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I voted yes, but I think I would prefer the roster to just be separated by star tier, not level. I would like the choice to filter between how it's ordered too, like pokemon go. Level, alphabetical, health, or colors.
    My usable 4*s are now mixed in between higher champ level 3*s. My (non strange or thanos) 3*s are all champed and it is hard to remember which ones have more champ levels than the other. Would like to put them alphabetical
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Every morning....."was my Deadpool 6 pages back, or 7???...There he is....no DD, here we go....nope CMags....A HA! **** HOOD.....CYCLOPS!!!!.....WHY ARE THERE SO MANY RED CHARACTERS?!?!?!"
  • Punisher5784
    edited January 2017
    Straycat wrote:
    I voted yes, but I think I would prefer the roster to just be separated by star tier, not level. I would like the choice to filter between how it's ordered too, like pokemon go. Level, alphabetical, health, or colors.
    My usable 4*s are now mixed in between higher champ level 3*s. My (non strange or thanos) 3*s are all champed and it is hard to remember which ones have more champ levels than the other. Would like to put them alphabetical

Yes that is what the poll is for, a filter to separate by star tier (rarity) like we currently have for the Reward screen. I definitely agree with having more filter choices, and Pokémon Go is the perfect example. I would love to be able to also filer by Favorite (most used), Boosted (for the event), Most Health, etc.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I gotta say, as much as I love Combined Arms, finding my 3* and 2* characters was a complete mess... minutes to click through numerous pages!
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    That would really be helpful.

Another option would be to take a hint from Future Fight, where you can store up to five preset teams.
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    Yes. On a related note, maybe they can squeeze in a fix for the way duplicate characters always seem to be selected, as well.

MPQ_Clippy_zpsqbnfzjwb.png?t=1484070065
  • djpt05
    djpt05 Posts: 178
    I don't mind it as much in team selection (since I usually use the same characters each day) but for training... it's a pain to locate which character I rarely use to pump ISO into them.

I would like to at least filter by * on the training screen.
  • Punisher5784
    djpt05 wrote:
    I don't mind it as much in team selection (since I usually use the same characters each day) but for training... it's a pain to locate which character I rarely use to pump ISO into them.

I would like to at least filter by * on the training screen.

Use the Roster screen to easily find who you want to Train. I never use the Train screen anymore since they added the Filter to the Roster screen.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yes to this. When pairing different tier characters, I keep spamming the right arrow until I get to the roster clump that I need. It would be much simpler to have a drop-down button that sorted by rarity within the battle character select screen.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,604 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    That would really be helpful.

Another option would be to take a hint from Future Fight, where you can store up to five preset teams.

This is what I want. Preset teams, or at least a "favorite" option that automatically moves them to the front. (but I'd prefer Preset teams, so those like my Big Enchilada team that only get used once a day are steal easy to get to, without having to give up a "favorite" spot)
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    saved teams 3 slots, 2 extra event specific. filter by color and star level
  • DaveR4470
    DaveR4470 Posts: 931 Critical Contributor
    (cough)
    (ahem)

AWWWW HELLLL YEAHHHHH i DO!!!!!
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    It is a little silly that in order to find a specific character, I have to remember exactly what their level is, and in particular what their boosted level is, like if we're in something like Combined Arms.
  • Punisher5784
    I am shocked by the lack of responses and votes. It is clear we need a filter added to the battle roster. Please vote your support.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    This is such a minor QOL change that I'm surprised the same code on the Roster wasn't applied to all areas where a roster can be viewed:
    * Team Up selection
    * Battle prep
    * Opponent view.