Implementation of new powerset in game. [Poll]

Histamiel
Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I would like to see some other powersets implement in the game. Please, read below before you vote.
Luck manipulators
The characters could have a passive that allow them on the start of the game to have more of their power tiles available on the board. Their powers will need an high AP cost or low damage output so they may not seem overpowered. The second power is also a passive, 50% to lower the cost of an ally ability by 3 AP while making a 5-match in one of his dominant color. Third action will cost 15 AP at 5 covers and 40% chance to drain 25 % of the health of the enemy team, 40% chance to restore 20% of health to the ally team, 10% chance to one shot an enemy and 10% chance to one shot an ally.
Possible characters : Black Cat, Longshot
Copycats
They will have a passive that allow them to mimic a power they are hit with. One of their other ability could allow them to use one ability of any person in the other team immediately and will be stunned for one round. The ability is chosen from all the active actions of the opponent team and costs no AP. While stunned, the passive is inactive. The third ability, cost 20 AP, allows the copycat to completely get the movement of one opponent for 2 turns (fortified tile). While activated, he will no more have access to his own abilities (active and passive) for this duration.
Possible character : Rogue, Taskmaster
Magic users
The magic users could use various types of spells to allow damage increase or reduction for a few turns (fortified countdown tiles which increases attack or lower enemy attacks for 3 turns), to cause confusion (enemy attacks hit their teammates : when an enemy fires a power he hits an ally or his whole team if it is a AoE attack).
Possible characters : Nico Minoru or Doctor Voodoo
Teleporters
They can have a passive that allow them to have 50% chance to avoid get hit. They can also have a board manipulation ability. With more covers, they can move more tiles. The more tiles they move, the percentage of their passive decrease due to exhaustion. The relocation of the tiles is not random, you move them freely. The third ability could will allow them to make all the team invisible for 2 turns (fortified tile) but drains 4 AP in all team colors.
Possible Characters : Nightcrawler, Doorman, Blink
Those are a few ideas that may introduce some more variety in the powers available in-game.

Edit : Add some clarifications to the different classes.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Suddenreal
    Suddenreal Posts: 92 Match Maker
    While introducing more mechanics is interesting (see fortifying CD tiles), I think these aren't that good.
    Histamiel wrote:
    Luck manipulators
    The characters could have a passive that allow them on the start of the game to have more of their power tiles available on the board. Their powers will need an high AP cost or low damage output so they may not seem overpowered.
    So, basically a battery like SW or IM40 but in a different capacity. Batteries aren't used for their powers, but to kick start other characters. This would be the same. So the abilities of the Luck Manipulator aren't that good? No problem, I'll just use other characters with better powers to kick start theirs. Give me someone with yellow so I can five match a yellow and drop down IM40's tiles so I can use Cap's shield tosses in turn 3. With a bit of luck that's one dead and at least one stunned opponent.
    Copycats
    They will have a passive that allow them to mimic a power they are hit with. One of their other ability could allow them to use one ability of any person in the other team immediately and will be stunned for one round. While stunned, the passive is inactive.
    This sounds interesting for shape shifters, but a bit too hard logistic-wise. Does the colour change as well? As for the instant ability one, is it random or can you use your heaviest hitter?
    Magic users
    The magic users could use various types of spells to allow damage increase or reduction for a few turns, to cause confusion (enemy attacks hit their teammates), etc.
    So put down strike tiles and defence tiles or stun their opponents?
    Teleporters
    They can have a passive that allow them to have 50% chance to avoid get hit. They can also have a board manipulation ability. With more covers, they can move more tiles. The more tiles they move, the percentage of their passive decrease due to exhaustion.
    You mean a combination of Spider Woman and Loki? Then why not use them?
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    I would just like to see them fix all the stuff that is currently broken please and thanks.
  • Histamiel
    madok wrote:
    I would just like to see them fix all the stuff that is currently broken please and thanks.

I would like to see the current bugs fixed also. It was an idea I had and I want to share with the MPQ community.
  • Histamiel
    Teleporters ... Nightcrawler of course ... wow, I posted that almost 2yrs ago. There are so many versions of Nightcrawler in that thread, a poll to pick the best should be run ....

Copycats ... no mention of Taskmaster?

Your lists are very ... ah ... 'X'-heavy. You may find this game disappointing.

I know those characters may never be added to the game roster. I completely forgot about Taskmaster as a copycat. I like your Nightcrawler moveset.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Please don't bring confusion into this game....that still haunts me from the Pokemon days.

I think some ideas are good but need work. What about an ability to force swap an enemy team member with another one from their roster?

I'm also suprised that I've not seen an ability which gains more and more damage over time like an attack tile that gets stronger and stronger the longer it's left on the board, might fit with your spell casting ability.

What about the ability to disable an enemy ability for x turns?
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Yeah, I'm not creative enough to come up with new mechanics. The only thing I thought of was an opposite for attack tiles, since strike and protect are opposites. That way loki or wasp can flip attack tiles to its opposite, which I guess would be a burst heal every turn.
    From the title I thought this was more about new types of moves, but this is about a specific way a new character might play. None of these deal direct damage that you can count on, it relies to heavily on the AI or RNG. So I don't think a new character with these movesets will get people too excited.

Luck and copycat: We will never get to use those high AP powers. Randomness is not what most people want, and people will complain that the AI is scheming against them.
    Copycat and Magic user: There isn't a reflection (confusion as you put it) power in the game, that could be an interesting mechanic. "While this tile is out x% of damage is reflected" sort of thing. Passively copying a move that was used might be a problem for board manipulation, where cascades would take place during the opponent's turn.
    Teleporter: All defense characters aren't that fun or useful.

While you made decent classes for their comic book powers, they might not fall into game roles that well
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Histamiel wrote:
    The third ability, cost 20 AP, allows the...
    If any developers are reading this, please don't put any powers into the game that cost 20 AP.
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    I really like the idea of a copycat character. Mimicking an opponent's power is a great spoiler in PvP and would have some interesting effects in boss fights. I don't think your proposal is quite there, but it's promising.
  • pheregas
    pheregas Posts: 1,721 Chairperson of the Boards
    Luck manipulators sound like an interesting idea... Until you have to start playing against them....