Good boost synergy like Rhulk/Chulk should be the norm!

Phumade
Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
and not the exception. I cant stress how much more engaged I am when the boosts have coordinated synergy. I know the goal is to make sure every char is boosted fairly. But I can't think that a well curated boost list will do far more for player engagements.

I know it can be difficult to say this is hulk week, and then next week is avenger boosts. Perhaps players can have some form of input into how boost lists are decided.

applying Rngjesus in this situation does nothing to incentivize players to spend more coin or play more matches.

Each weekly list should have at least 1 obvious synergy partner and then maybe 2 different chars that reward other combinations.

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree. As much as I hate playing against rhulk in pvp, I'm loving using him in pve, teamed up with chulk. It's nice when boosted 4*s or even 3*s team up, so one is a battery for the other, it creates a powerful rainbow team, one makes strikes and the other attacks, one uses the special tiles of the other, etc etc
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I champed Chulk solely because he was boosted with Rhulk this week. My Chulk was 5/2/5.. I had 160 CP and I was contemplating buying his last blue cover but I figured I might as well buy two Classic tokens before I buy his cover.. well the second pull was Chulk blue!! That never happens.. never! I champed him and crushed the Steve Rogers PVP and we've been Hulk smashing this PVE. This is the first event that I am solely using 2 guys for every single node.. it helps they both have over 35K health too lol. I used to hate pulling Chulk cover but now it's been a blessing.. infact I wish I was able to fully cover every 4* without dups!

Anyways enjoy Hulk Week! icon_hulkcho.pngicon_redhulk.pnggreenflag.png
  • Calnexin
    Calnexin Posts: 1,078 Chairperson of the Boards
    That might create an even greater divide between the "haves" and "have-nots". If you've got both boosted, you breeze through PvE and punch way above your normal weight class in PvP. One boosted makes PvE and PvP slightly easier. Neither, you're suboptimal and stand zero chance at placement.

That might not be a bad thing. The occasional advantage to those who bothered to bring those characters to champ maybe deserve a leg up once in a blue moon.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    While those of us who have both of them are loving this event, it is more important for them to ensure that they have buffed chars to fit the main areas rather than specific synergies i.e. aoe dps, single target nukers, battery etc.
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    I love this. Playing the "loaner" node in the heroic today, I was struck by how much fun it is to play with 3 essential characters that actually have synergy. The new Carol's yellow with Human Torch's Green is a lot of fun. Much better than last event, where the essentials had significant color overlap and no complimentary powers.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    There can be room for compromise. And it would be more than reasonable to try and spread out how the boost teams are choosen.

I just think that an intelligently curated list is gonna be more fun and interesting overall. I'd be fine with a game producer or a programmer just picking the boosts, but at least explain how they thought through the process. Its fine for me not to have a char on the boost list, but i would like to know what teams they thought would be used to at least understand if I need to make changes to my roster.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    I have a feeling the boosted characters for each week are driven more by profit than anything else. Rhulk is really hard to fight without your own Rhulk. I bet they make lots of money boosting him frequently as people would buy more covers for him to stand a chance. Especially since he has been around for a while, many need maybe 2-3 covers of him to champ and thus would more likely spend hero points to get him maxed.
  • veny
    veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
    Lol, the last thing we need is having super combos of powered character.
    I have 14 champed 4*s and i am glad when 2 or 3 are boosted. Sometimes none of mine is boosted and fighting against the lucky ones whos 4*s are boosted is real pain.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    dsds wrote:
    I have a feeling the boosted characters for each week are driven more by profit than anything else. Rhulk is really hard to fight without your own Rhulk. I bet they make lots of money boosting him frequently as people would buy more covers for him to stand a chance. Especially since he has been around for a while, many need maybe 2-3 covers of him to champ and thus would more likely spend hero points to get him maxed.

He isn't boosted more than other four stars. Just go check out the boost rotation thread in the character discussion forum.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    can you imagine weeks of nova/ice. or rulk/cyke. or thing/xp. hb/jean (for nostalgia). peg/mk (ouch). pun/nova. some of these have happened by chance, but I highly doubt by design. they had ice and cyke together one week and it was a ton of fun. but its been a looong time. I like good combos. the best combos i'll play over my 405 oml. recently peg, ice and hb were all boosted the same week. I ran icepeg all week and it was a blast. the more of that the better. until I get to 5* play, then it would be bad. har har.