Combined Arms to replace lightning rounds

blargrx
blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
I'm loving the variety of teams I'm seeing in combined arms. It would be awesome if we could replace the lightning round format with combined arms. Lightning combined arms would add variety to the quick arounds and allow different rosters more success.

Even if we didn't get complete replacement, I'd like to see alternating formats (flipping back and forth throughout the day) or one day of combined arms, one day of regular lightning rounds

Comments

• mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would love more variety for LRs. Combined Arms would be great to add in. It would be nice to do it more than at most once per month.
  • CosmicWolf
    CosmicWolf Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    I agree, this has been my favorite PVP event is quite some time, seeing it more often would be great and taking the place of some lightning rounds, or running them concurrently would be nice.

Lightning rounds need some sort of change to them and this would be a welcome change.
  • Teskal
    Teskal Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Maybe making Combined Arms Lightning Rounds (CALR) on other days and don't touch the old lightning rounds.

The CALR would be to difficult for beginners. More something for advanced players.

Overall I think it is a good idea.

I would like to see more options what can be played.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    They could do virtually anything to change up lightning rounds and it would be welcome. There are 42x 3*s and only (I want to say) 11 (5x villains, 6x heroes... right?) are in lightning rounds. There are now 44x 4* heroes - and virtually all of them were only featured in PVP 1 time each. Waste.

Who are the 5x 3* characters in the DDQ when LRs start? Those are your LR heroes.
    Who are the 3*s buffed for the week when LRs start? Those are your LR heroes.
    Let's work in some 4* features in LRs. Remind people why those characters are fun and worth chasing.

I, foolishly, hoped that we were going to see more variety in LRs. I *thought* that was one of the leading drivers for them getting rid of the 'Lightning tokens' we used to win for placing. Not having a special token reward for LRs saves them from needing a lot of token stores, and there is nothing that says that the art on the event list screen needs to be flashy or specific. Just have it be an event card with lightning bolts on it and overlay text with the name of the character you are running. Some of the stumbling blocks in the way of more varied LRs have been removed... let's close the gap and get it done.
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    They could do virtually anything to change up lightning rounds and it would be welcome.

sadly you are right. we are at the point where we are wishing for almost any change (BOP, Combined Arms, Mix up the 3* or 4*, just use the weekly buffs etc). there are many options that they could choose but it all just seems to fall of deaf ears.

I just enjoyed the the variety of teams i got to use and fight against, it helped break up the monotony of regular pvp