Punisher War Journal - It is finally here

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hello fellow Match-makers,

This morning I noticed a few things, I am approaching my two years on the forum (Feb 21), I am approaching 2000 posts (1958) and I reached the holy grail of 3000 Reputation points! That makes me the 13th player to reach this. Although reputation points don’t mean anything (monetary wise in the game), I wanted to thank each and every player that ever gave me a “thumbs-up”. The forums have always been a place of entertainment for me, whether it was to vent, help others, joke around or simply see what everyone else’s thoughts are, and of course communication from the devs!

Many players have brought up on a few occasions that I should make a post for “Punisher War Journal” so to celebrate my time here on the forums, the post is finally here. My summary of how I entered MPQ and my early time is below and I also categorized each post I created on the forums. This is only posts I created, not posts I replied to. Please try not to reply to these posts as I know the Mods do not like necro posts bumping up on the forums.

Feel free to discuss your times and memories with MPQ below. Thanks again everyone. Enjoy! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Sincerely,

Punisher5784

Summary:
My real name is Tom and I live in New York, USA. I discovered this game at a random Verizon store within Mets stadium during a baseball game. I went in there to charge my phone but one of their phones had the MPQ installed so I started playing it. I missed the entire baseball game playing MPQ! I was a huge fan of the Original Puzzle Quest so I was hooked right away. This was back in 2014. I only played the Prologue as I wanted to fully complete it first before I engaged in PVP/PVE. After I finally finished the Prologue, my first PVE event was “Prodigal of the Sun”, which was Sentry’s first release (I believe July 2014). I earned the Red cover on the last node of the last sub (a cover we do not appreciate today). It was so cool destroying both teams with his red. This is funny looking back on it.. makes me wonder if new players felt that way about Thanos today (before his hot fix). After a few weeks I stopped playing because I thought it was very time consuming to obtain 3* covers.

Then my real life friend started playing and he kept bugging me to start playing again. I did not want to but we had tickets to the NYC ComicCon. At ComicCon, there was a MPQ table and I met a few employees (probably David Hi-Fi but I was not on the forums then). They told me I need to come back for Anniversary! I gave in and re-downloaded the game. OMG I loved Anniversary I. It was simply amazing and I do not think they will ever match its success and positivity. Anniversary got me so many 3* covers and helped me fully cover my 2*’s. This brought me back. My friend and I joined an Alliance to earn additional rewards. Back then the maximum Alliance count was 5 unless the Commander spent HP for additional slots. It was very difficult to join an alliance back then by the Commander allowed us young players to join. It was great for a few months until I had to miss a PVP event and I was instantly booted. My friend tried to urge the Commander to let me come back but instead booted him too. We could not find an Alliance together until the Devs extended the Alliance slots to the now standard 20.

We decided it was best to create our own Alliance that allowed Casual play and no restrictions. We snatched some of the players from our former alliance and surprisingly we were doing well for a casual group. We were consistently hitting T250 for both PVE and PVP. During this time I discovered the forums and started researching the game. With this newfound information and outlook, I thought we could actually be a T100 alliance and I started making rules. I would boot players that did not play for more than 72 hours. I also started using mercs more. This caused some problems between me and my real life friend. He eventually made his real life friend a Commander and it became 2v1. We bickered but we were still a cohesive unit, until one of their real life friends brought in their girlfriend. This was right before the first Ultron. She did not play.. 1* roster.. it annoyed me because we needed the full 20 players for this event. I booted her. The alliance was angry but they were right and we were a casual group so I should not treat it as Competitive.

I made the decision to leave the Alliance I created. They still exist to this day with the same players (along with the girlfriend) but I did lose my real life friend over this game. I started mercing PVE until the Galactus event. I needed to find a strong alliance and that is when I joined Stamp Collectors. It was only supposed to be temporary but they were such a great group of players that I stayed. I am still with this alliance today and they are the reason I continue to play. We were T100 when I joined and now we’re T50. To cut this summary short, I had retired a few months later but returned over a half a year later. My alliance took me back with open arms and I finally started using LINE. It is amazing to see how organized the players are! Anyways, my posts are below that fill in all the other details but it is crazy to think that I have been playing on-and-off for over two years. As much as I hate this game at times, I also love it. Hope you enjoyed the brief summary of my early MPQ days.

Accomplishments:
Beating the Impossible (2015): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28279 – I took down the team of Professor X, Devil Dino and Starlord in Simulator which was considered a scary team back then. I am not scared of this team today haha.

Reaching 2000 in SHIELD for the first time (2015): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31302 – It’s been able to do it every season ever since!

Placing T25 in Season (2015): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=31496 – That was a surprise!

Holidays with MPQ (2015): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=37265 – My infamous story about how I spent my Holidays maintain T100 for a new character release.

Finally pulling Jean Grey Blue (2016): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=37908 This was amazing because it was the last day we could buy covers with HP. I had a 4/0/4 JG, so I took a chance and I pulled a blue to buy the rest of her covers! Investment was worth it.

Finally Beat Gauntlet (2016): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=50981 – It only took me 2+ years!

Not Giving Up (2016): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54411 – I had a difficult time reaching 575 in PVP one time.. but I did not give up!

Champing all 3*’s (2016): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54887 – I felt the progression!

Business Partners (2016): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=55244&hilit=+bishop 2016 – Just returned from retirement and did not have the 4* essential, still placed T100 thanks to this node. first mention of Punisher War Journal

Reaching 4* Land (2016): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56066 – Open my hoard and champed some 4*’s!

Finishing rank #1 in PVP Season (2017): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=58733 - I also reached 900 for the first time!

Ideas:
Bishop and Cable (2015): viewtopic.php?p=312400#p312400 – My original post was merged but I loved the ideas I made. I would love to see these abilities incorporated.

Donate Program (2015): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=24310 – I still would love to see this. Instead of selling a dup cover, you could “donate” it to a random player that needed it. In return they would send you Iso for it (more than the standard sell-rate).

Reward Inbox (2015): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=27281 – Every time we used to win a reward, it would be a separate screen, which normally slowed down the game and froze my phone. I suggested they merge all the rewards on one screen. I had also PMed them to make this change. It is now a reality icon_e_biggrin.gif

5* Proposal (2015): viewtopic.php?f=21&t=24227&hilit=+cable – I find this post humorous. Here I am as barely a 3* player and I want 5*’s! I mainly wanted them as Bosses.. later 5*’s did become a reality.

Token Location Odds (2015): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=29286 – I made a stupid post about how driving can increase token odds. I was met with a lot of backlash and thumbs down. I apologized and looking back I can see why players were mad at me. If you want to see what down-voted posts look like then here it is! Down-votes were removed a few months later.

Revise Vault Rewards (2015): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32157 – Still waiting for Colorless covers!

Grab-A-Goon (2015): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=32253 – Building our own army of Goons! I still think this would be cool.

Roster Reward Screen (2015): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35460 – I hated selling individual covers. Eventually they finally added a filter!

Iso Lottery (2016): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=37928 2016 – I still think this could be a cool feature. We each put in some Iso for a chance to score a big Iso reward!

Real 4* DDQ (2016): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=53596 2016 – Still needs to happen. Hopefully 2017!

Bring Back Q&A (2017): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=57602 - The last Q&A from the devs was July 2015, think it would be cool to see it's return!

Solution for the 6th Cover: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=60641 - We're sick of earning unusable covers for characters with 5 covers of an ability. This was my solution.

Complaints:
Cancel Health Buffs (2015): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27622 – They increased the Health of 90% of the characters. This meant longer bathroom breaks 

Customer Service Stats (2015): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=27848 – This was the post that got the most feedback when I started. If you think today was bad, well 2015 was pretty bad and I believe much worse compared to today.

Iso Clarification (2015): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28237 – We were told Iso costs would be reduced but we were not given a set date. Communication has always been bad.

Ultron isn’t Fun (2015): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28428 – The title says it all

10pks Suck (2015): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=28991 – After opening a 10pk to see nothing but a single Gamora, I questioned if reaching the 10pk was worth the struggle.

Stark Salary (2015): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32721 – Silver Surfer and Legendary Tokens were released, I bought my first Stark salary to buy a 40pk with very disappointing results. One of the dumbest things I’ve done in the game.

Anniversary II Fail (2015): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=33731 – I compared Anniversary I with II.. ah I still miss the first Anniversary.

20 Iso (2015): viewtopic.php?f=8&t=35192 – Supported another player’s topic to finally remove 20 Iso. Eventually this became a reality icon_e_biggrin.gif

Where Are the Reds (2016): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=37553 – IceIX resigned and the communication dropped. Still a consistent issue today.

Squirrel Girl is on Steroids (2016): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=50954 – The day the Squirrel killed the Punisher

Prevention Before Correction (2016): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56790 – The latest complaint post urging the devs to start testing more before they release something

Limited Vaults (2017): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=59893 - I wanted some input from the devs on the weekly limited vaults

Other:
Getting Married (2015): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34500 – I got married with a Super Hero themed wedding. My wife made an awesome cake that had Spiderman, Captain America and Punisher!

Everytime I want to Quit (2015): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=32048 – Watch my bad photoshop skills

Team Twilight (2016): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=51236 – The war between Beast and Blade for SW’s love. I love this post and it’s my go-to DDQ team.

Halloween MPQ (2016): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54119 – I dressed up as Spiderman at work

Admitting I was wrong: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=53688&hilit=+wrong - Starlord was rebalanced and I complained... I was wrong.. I love him

Stressless Holidays (2016): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=56494 – After what happened the previous year, this made me happy!

Polls:
Character Ability Poll (April 2015): viewtopic.php?style=1&f=14&t=28154
Character Ability Poll Part 1 (July 2015): viewtopic.php?style=1&f=14&t=31552
Character Ability Poll Part 2 (July 2015): viewtopic.php?style=1&f=14&t=31768
Second Year-End Poll (2015): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=34297&hilit=+poll
Anniversary III Poll (2016): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=53478
Third Year-End Poll (2016): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54973

Retirement & Return:
Retirement I (2015): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=36107 – I expressed retirement but I ended up playing casually and only played competitively for new releases for my alliance.

Retirement II (2016): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=38185 – A few months later I finally retired 1/17/16

My Return (2016): viewtopic.php?f=7&t=50389 – SHIELD Rank brought me back and I gave my review of the current state of the game. I seriously think the game is much better today than it was the previous year.

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2017
    Congrats punisher! 3K reputation is quite an accomplishment. It requires a lot of spreadsheets (c.f. aesth) or a LOT of pandering to get that many thumbs up! icon_e_wink.gif

Lots of fun memories here. I will need to dig through in more detail, but i definitely remember more than a few of these posts from the good (bad?) old days!
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Congratulations!

Don't forget accomplishment; retired more times than Brett Favre.

Edit: Maybe it's a tie.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx wrote:
    Lots of fun memories here. I will need to dig through in more detail, but i definitely remember more than a few of these posts from the good (bad?) old days!

As Vharlorx said, congrats and thanks for the fun memories. I'm surprised that you didn't include properly covering your 3* Punisher as a highlight. Regardless, the Squirrel Girl story still cracks me up... icon_e_smile.gif
  • He'll need to step up his retirement game if he wants to beat Michael Jordan
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards

This morning I noticed a few things, I am approaching my two years on the forum (Feb 21), I am approaching 2000 posts (1958) and I reached the holy grail of 3000 Reputation points! That makes me the 13th player to reach this.

It's a holy grail? I feel like I should've had a party, or been given a bleeping PHX red finally. Something.
  • Punisher5784

This morning I noticed a few things, I am approaching my two years on the forum (Feb 21), I am approaching 2000 posts (1958) and I reached the holy grail of 3000 Reputation points! That makes me the 13th player to reach this.

It's a holy grail? I feel like I should've had a party, or been given a bleeping PHX red finally. Something.

hahaha I wanted to make it sound like an awesome achievement. Well you're currently at 3990.. so only 10 away from the Godly 4000 rep pts! You would be the 8th player to reach that points and that's when you should throw your party! I'll bring the cake! icon_lol.gif
  • Marc_Spector
    Marc_Spector Posts: 628 Critical Contributor
    Great post! icon_e_smile.gif Always great seeing you around here, Punisher (while also completely acknowledging and respecting your retirement decisions, even if doing so again -- I've been in the same boat before with many an MMO and know what it's like.)
    Cheers!,
    -M-
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Congrats.

Now the countdown is on until this gets moved to "other games - off topic"

Or maybe it could go into tips and guides, how to construct a post.
  • Punisher5784
    chaos01 wrote:
    Congrats.

Now the countdown is on until this gets moved to "other games - off topic"

Or maybe it could go into tips and guides, how to construct a post.

hahaha.. surprisingly none of my posts have been moved to "off topic", even my retirement posts. Of course now that I have said something it will icon_lol.gif
  • El Satanno
    El Satanno Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like you, man. Just wanted to say that. Keep posting. icon_e_smile.gif