Inter Alliance Character Trade/Sell

Jesus Jones
Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
My first post, but something that has been on my mind for a while. After you play the game for a while and start to build up a healthy roster you come across characters that you don't need or don't want. While you have the ability to sell them back for ISO-8, I think it would be cool if you were able to sell or trade those covers to your alliance teammates to help them build their rosters that would be cool.

Comments

• Teskal
    Teskal Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    They don't do this, because they do not want to have Ebay auctions with covers or similiar.

It would be cool if it is possible. Maybe only for long time members. If it is necessary to be member of the alliance for 30 or 60 days before trading is possible. For both members who want to trade!.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    The rules for cover trades (and it would have to be 'trades' not 'sells') would have to be comically strict. To the tune of the character being offered would need to be: not recruited, not trainable, and not max-champed. The character offered by both players would need to be the same rarity as well.

The real reason this would never happen is that it would create a tremendous drag on sales. If, quite literally, every cover won or drawn was used... forget about it. Who would buy packs at that point?

Take the newly released 4* captain marvel. She is one of the only 4* characters I don't have champed. I could easily make the offer within my alliance that I would trade any other 4* cover for one of hers - virtually everyone in my alliance needs, or would gladly receive in exchange, a cover for lots of other 4s - Now I don't have to buy cover packs to whale her, she is still done immediately after the launch event. What would be more valuable to you as a player? A yellow 4* captain marvel that would make her 0/1/0 and not remotely useful after her essential PVE, or a hulkbuster cover that would be the 13th for a hero you badly want? that's a simple trade for you. And for me. We both win. D3 loses.

I would love to be able to trade. I have even asked for the feature here myself. But the logic for why they would never allow it is inescapable.
  • Fionsel
    Fionsel Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    This is something I really would live to see. I do see some possible exploits that would make it hard. However, to counter FaustianDeal, with trading you only remove the necessity of a vault for some players but increase the use by people with don't mind spending $ in order to get what they want. In the long run it might even be a winner for D3.

On the other hand there might be a non-direct trading option that could make it work. An auction house. With an auction house you can either sell for another cover, hp, iso, cp or even health packs if you want. The only thing to take into account it people getting skilled in playing the auction house to the point where they can buy everything straight away.

In any case, expiring covers is a pain, especially if someone else can use them. So some way to use these other than selling them or iso would be appreciated.
  • Astralgazer
    Astralgazer Posts: 267 Mover and Shaker
    D3 can "charge" every transaction, paid with Hero Points. From both parties in the said trade. And covers can only be traded with ones of the same rarity.

((I know this would never happen. Just chipping in my two pence.))