Progress since august 15th

veny
veny Posts: 834 Critical Contributor
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
So, August 15th was release day of SHIELD ranks. It was also a day when i promoted my first (and second) 4* covers.
Since that day i promoted 11 more 4*s (plus 3* Strange plus i invested some ISO in OML). If i remember correctly there was less than 11 4*s released between 15th August and today. So, do you think DEVs managed to handle ISO inflation? I do icon_e_smile.gif
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I voted it could be better. In August I was championing 3*, probably only had maybe 10 at the time. The increased ISO allowed me to champion the remaining 30 in just a few months and felt like the perfect amount. However, now that I'm in the 4* territory getting that same amount, it seems woefully insufficient, I'm sure it's 10x worse for people trying to get 5*s. The amount of ISO given at different SCL levels needs to vary a lot more than it does now. It would also be a good idea for DDQ to apply SCL to at least vary the amount of ISO gained there.

TL;DR - It's good for people in the 1*, 2*, and 3* territory. It's not enough for 4* and 5* players. SCL should be leveraged more to help with this disparity in roster evolution.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    As a 5* player, I feel pretty comfortable with the amount of ISO we're getting right now. I'm about to champ my 33rd 4*, and after I do that I'll only have Drax left that's max-covered and not champed. A few months ago, I had 8 or 9 4*s like that. My total ISO debt is still in the millions, but it's been going down, not up.

But I agree with the person above that it's worse for the early-to-mid 4* transitioners. They have problems getting covers and problems getting the ISO to cover the ones they have.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,699 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have around thirteen 4* champs. In the time it has been taking me to accumulate the ISO needed to champ someone, I have been accumulating enough CPs and tokens that my next big pull usually gets me to the next hero I have to champ (so as not to lose a cover). Then I start the saving all over again.

In other words, I'm okay with the ISO rate. With a starting ISO at almost zero with a 4* character sitting at 70, I can champ them inside of the 14 days before I would lose the cover. That's fair. From there, it's just bad luck if I keep getting the same color cover over and over, and I accept that as part of the game. I still always have someone to work on.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    I had a very lengthy discussion on champ order for 4*s where my stance on the subject was largely influenced by an ISO earn rate slower than the 4* release rate. At that time I had 23 4*s that weren't champed due to lack of ISO with probably half or so having less than 13 covers. I now have only 20 4*s that are not champed (and several more 5* champs) with all but Bl4de and Carol max covered. So my ISO earn rate is outpacing the release rate with enough left over to progress my 5* roster too. This to me is a huge step in the right direction, and quite honestly I think if it were too much faster we would be seeing a lot more guys with more ISO than they know what to do with.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's good now. I can generally champ all of my 4*s as they get max-covered. I even have enough that I'm starting to level up some of my 5*s to 285, ie., a tiny amount of softcapping for the ones that I want to use but don't have enough covers to take them to 400+.