Seeking opinions

broll
broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm at a turning point in my gameplay and looking for some advice.

Roster Update:

2* farm is going really well. I have 6 dedicated farm slots at this point.

3* championing is pretty much done, only non-champ is Thanos and the next 5* clone they make a 3* version of icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif 3* champ levels 171 - 200

I'm hoarding up to charge into 4* territory all at once. Currently I have 0 4*s covered or with 13 covers. Top covered:
The Punisher (MAX) - 12 - 5/4/3 - L200
Wolverine (X-Force) - 12 - 3/5/4 - L200
Iron Man (Hulkbuster) - 11 - 5/3/3 - L200
Ant-Man (Scott Lang) - 10 - 3/2/5 - L200
Devil Dinosaur (Gigantic Reptile) - 10 - 2/4/4 - L70
Professor X (Charles Xavier) - 10 - 4/2/4 - L70
Cyclops (Classic) - 9 - 1/5/3 - L70
Jean Grey (All New X-Men) - 9 - 4/2/3 - L188
Thor (Goddess of Thunder) - 9 - 0/4/5 - L188
Peggy Carter (Captain America) -8 - 1/2/5 - L172

My hoard is as such:
ISO - 613,880
CP - 1075
LT - 26

What I've been doing while hoarding is trying to get 4* covers through progression and occasionally those new special vaults when they are good characters/deals. I'm starting to put ISO into my highest covered/best characters. I'm intentionally not leveling any 4* past 200 as that's the level of my highest 3* champ and I don't want to throw my scaling off too much. What I would really like to do is champ 3 top tier 4* characters at once.

Right now I'm debating when/how to rip the hoard open and tear into 4*s. Right now I see 3 options and I'm interested in hearing people's suggestions:

1. Latest Legends Run: Continue hoarding until Stran5 is about to drop out of Latest Legends and try and get both 4* champs and get a usable 5* or too, hopefully Strang5.
Pros:
- I'm primarily PvE and Strang5 seems to be the best PvE 5*. Having a usable, even if under leveled Strang5, could be really helpful.
Cons:
- Using CP on Latest Legends will net 20% fewer total covers vs Classics.
- It's extremely unlikely that I will get enough 5* covers to actually champ/13 cover any at a mean of 280ish pulls.

2. Classic Crusade: Continue hoarding until I hit 1 million ISO, pull from Classics and continue hoarding Latest Legend covers. Stop after getting 13 covers for 3 4* and/or I pull an unusable cover.
Pros:
- 20% more pulls from CPs then doing Latest Legends.
- It will be easier to stop pulling if I'm not chasing Strang5.
Cons:
- Probably end up spending more HP adding single covered 5* that won't be useful for 12+ months.
- Will need to restart hoarding CP before there would be any possibility of doing a Latest Legends run.

3. Infinite hoard: I have to assume at some point the devs have to address 4*/5* bloat and how difficult it is to progress in these territories. Continue to hoard CP and LTs hoping that something new comes out to where spending these will get more bang for the buck. With 4* covers getting more attainable from SCLs I can still grow 4*, just at much, slower pace.
Pros:
- Least likely to end up selling large numbers of unusable covers.
- If a new system comes out this could net a huge boost.
- If a new system does not come out there is always the option to do a Latest Legends run once I feel confident I have enough to bag a 13 covered 5*.
Cons:
- There is no guarantee when/if the current meta will change, this could be a very very long haul plan that ultimately nets nothing.
- This would ensure getting into 4* champ territory would take a very long time.
Failed to load the poll.