More 48 hour subs please!

udonomefoo
udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
I know there will be people who don't like them because of the decreased iso output, but for me, the last DP event with just 2x48 subs was glorious.

Please make more future events like this, or even break up some existing events and lengthen some of the subs to 48.

Comments

• Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Yeah, please don't unless you offer double Iso-8 for the sub.
  • Teskal
    Teskal Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    Double Iso-8 would not be enough.

Personally I hated the last 48h, and I was on place 2, because all the extras you get like the advertisment extras, will be much less available.

Please do 48h events only during lightning round time...

And it would be cool if the advertisment extras will be available also with pvp.
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    48 hour subs kind of suck from a rewards perspective.

In a 48 hour window with only 1x48 sub instead of 2x24
    * You lose out on 90-100 XP because there is only 1 set of nodes.
    * You get half the node rewards, because there are only 9-10 stacks of prizes instead of 18-20
    * Competing for placement now has 2x hits for no prizes at the end of the sub, rather than only 1x hits.

Here are some things I would hope to see changed before we fully embrace 48 hour subs:
    1 - Nodes lose 33% of their value for each hit after 4. Either reduce the number of hits to to start the cool down, or increase the rate that the nodes lose value. Let's do something to get rid of the hits for no rewards.
    2 - Let's increase the values on the node rewards in a 48 hour sub.
    3 - Let's either increase the XP earned for green ticks in a 48 hour sub, or let's add XP as a reward in the stack if you can't adjust the value awarded for the green tick event.
    4 - Please also better align the number of rewards/number of hits worth points for an 'optimal' clear when you look at the node that roster locks you to the 3 essential characters. (most nodes require hits without rewards where that node requires hits for no points if you want XP from it - why create an imbalance in both directions on almost every PVE map?!?)
    5 - come up with a way for the mid-sub clear to not be such an awkward time commitment for an optimal clear. If there is a 60 minute (or larger) gap between your first and last timers on the map - congratulations... you get to come back to the game every 3-10 minutes for an hour to hit 1x node and then go away waiting for another to cool down. Farcical.

That said - 48 hour nodes are a delight from a time commitment perspective. But when you have covers in your inventory that are on a ticking clock, and you need iso to save them? Not a fan.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    I don't like them for a different reason - scaling.

Hard nodes scale to slightly over my best 3 boosted chars. I still have only half of 3* champed and no 4* champs.

First of all, 4* characters are stronger. Lvl 270 4* easily outperforms lvl 270 3*. I'm stuck with 3* for now so it sucks.
    Secondly it's very rare that I will be able to build a whole 3-man team of boosted 3* champs that work well together. Most of the time I'm forced to either pick up a boosted 2* or non-boosted 3*.

48 hour sub means that I need to do 6 clears rather than 4 (for progression), which equals to 2 extra clears with max scaled opponents on hard nodes. So, for example, my 270/210/170 team faces 272/273/271 opponents. It costs me extra time and healthpacks.