Information request PVP

msp2211
msp2211 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I am curious if any of the veteran PVPers have determined the point thresholds of opponent queues in this post cc world? If memory serves, 37 points was someone of similar points to you and 43 plus was a decent target (to avoid retaliation). I have not seen many targets at or above 43 points, since the change, above 500 points. Most of the points I am seeing are 25 to 32 points, requiring more matches and therefore more hops. I play PVP casually, slice 4, no Line, or coordination with alliances. Thanks for any info!

Comments

• TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    No change to the K-value of the ELO scoring system used in PvP (K=75). There was a very very slight adjustment of the loss-reduction multiplier when your score is below 1200.

Climbing on 75s all event is the late-climber credo. Clubbing seals for 5 points a hit is the frontrunner credo.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    I can go from 0 to 1200 on 70+ point matches in the right slice so nothing has changed. It really does depend on when you play, how many points you have, and what your MMR is though.
  • msp2211
    Thanks for the replies. My MMR is less than the top tier. I don't see the high end players with 5* champs, and their top end scores. I don't get hit by them either. I wanted to make sure I wasn't looking for something that wasn't there, and paying such a skip tax.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    I can go from 0 to 1200 on 70+ point matches in the right slice so nothing has changed. It really does depend on when you play, how many points you have, and what your MMR is though.
    You can also snipe grills, doubtful he can. Kinda unfair comparison.
  • msp2211
    Aesthetocyst, correct. I didn't believe the scoring system had changed, but the PVP culture has. In my MMR, I have to hit opponents at 36 to 38 points each. Whereas, before this, that was considered a risky fight. I don't seem to get hit back any more frequently, so I thought I would ask if my experience was different. I certainly don't find the 60 to 75 point matches like before.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    You can also snipe grills, doubtful he can. Kinda unfair comparison.
    99% of my matches are not grills. I hit the highest point target that I can reasonably beat. I don't generally see grills until I break 1200 and by that point I'm usually done with the event.

That said, you're right. He likely can't beat a lot of grills because his roster and MMR aren't there yet.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    When my roster was lv 420 OML + Boosted 4*, I couldn't find any good queues past around 1100+ or even around 900+, unless I happened to luck into some grills. Whether I rose early or late, I just couldn't find them on my own.

Now that I've leveled up my PH to 405, two things have happened:

1) I can now see high-point queues all the time in S4! So pretty much any time, even well past 900, I'll see a team worth 60-70 points. That team is generally lv 450+ 5* plus Boosted 4*, or sometimes two 5*s. It's not an easy team to beat, but the points make it well worth it.

2) I'm now visible to teams who have two or more champed 5*s, so my team is a cc to them.

So net of it is that it's easier for me to get higher scores in PVP, but it's also easier for me to get numerous defensive losses in PVP.

So net of it is that I still basically just end up with 900+ in PVP, unless I feel like doing a massive amount of highly tense shield-hopping and possibly line coordination.

In the past (OML + Boosted 4), it was basically impossible to hit 1200, unless I happened to find some grills. Now, I can get to 1200 with regular teams, but I get crushed on defensive losses, unless I can pull off numerous 3-minute single battle hops. So I inch and crawl to 1200, often failing on the final battle and ending up at 1000+ or worse.

Yet of course there are plenty of others with similar rosters to mine or even worse rosters who get to 1200+ fine every PVP, so my story is not everyone's story. I do feel that it is similar to some other people's stories, though.

I'm guessing that once you get two good champion 5*s, then you can get to 1200 with relative ease. You might get some defensive losses, but you will still be able to slog to 1200 on your first hop. This is how it used to be for me in the CC days, when there were lots of people rising up at all times, so my lv 420 OML + Boosted 4* team was considered too much of a pain for people to snipe, when there were easier teams available to hit that offered the same high scores.