Crash of the Titans Cycle 4: Star-Lord

Options
13»

Comments

• DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    First try with my champion Star-Lord. Not sure of his spec but I'll update the post later. Didn't let her get her black off, though she did hit me with red once to trigger my countdown tile. 2x purple, 2x red, 1x Gamora dead.

icon_quake.pngyellowflag.png .
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Gamora isn't a slouch. Like I've said, she's the perfect counter for Star-Lord in his revamped form since she plugs up yellow, and you have no reason to match yellow now except to make a "strong color" match.

Swapped my level 275 to 5/3/5, and she managed to hit me with Skull Cracker twice and fire Bad Reputation. It was a green/black heavy board with some red, very little purple. Still beat her on the first try with no boosts as I managed to fire purple and then red twice right at the end. 2.4k health left.

greenflag.pngicon_moonknight.png for me, so eventually 1000 ISO. He's been 1/1/5 for a while now.

Edit: I also did some bad math on my cover strategy post. Gamora will put strikes on up to 16! yellow tiles if she fires black - that's a full fourth of the board! You will only ever get your yellow CD from her red. It's awesome to see people doing the re-spec and bringing him to 5/3/5 for this one. Speaks volumes about his versatility!
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mine's at 209, 5/2/3, so I'm hoping to have a shot.

First go icon_mrgreen.gif

Boosted all colours, and +50% B/P and R/Y.
  • TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    No clue how my 115 2/2/5 Starlord did it, but he did!

Currently saving all my LT's and CP for when Carol gets herself in there, in hopes of increasing her powers. Dear lord, she's amazing!
  • MACHX214
    Options
    5/4/2 took him up to 140 and still took 8 tries. Twice i had her one turn away from death and she cascaded me to death. So frustrating.

Token hoarded, up to 20 now
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tried it a couple times with 5/5/3 level 70. no chance. brought him up to 150, tried a few more times. was getting her down to 1/2 health but that's about as good as i could do. used most of my remaining iso to go to 170. took 2-3 tries there, but finally god a lucky board and beat it.
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Options
    After over 20 tries I'm not gonna believe game is not cheateing. Unless PRNG is *********. So green/black heavy drops immediately making matches for Gamora, so she was firing her skills in just few turns regardless what I do ...
  • optimus2861
    optimus2861 Posts: 1,232 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    209, 5/3/2. Beat her on my second try using a +2 All AP boost. I did get a lucky board with several match-5s early (mostly blue though) and Gamora didn't get her black until it was too late.

Drew icon_invisiblewoman.pnggreenflag.png with the token, which takes her to 2/5/5.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Very surprised it took 4 tries with a lvl 146 5/1/5 Star-Lord. Was prepared to go to lvl 200 if necessary, but glad to save the iso for now.

Gamora's ability to get cascades of black was amazing. Admittedly I forgot that her Bad Reputation would leave no space for our yellow passive CD.

On 4th try I quit going for 20 purple, and just went for 12+ red and 10 purple, while certainly denying black and green wherever possible.
    This strategy was enough after taking one slash to the face - and after two of my punches, she was downed when the CD's resolved.
    LT gave my 7th Ant-Man yellow cover, taking him to 0/6/7, so that could have gone better but I'm finally winning most Crashes now.