XP in PVE - Discussion & Poll

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Recently XP were added to PVP (Versus). You earn 2 XP for each win. While in PVE (Story), you earn 10 XP for fully clearing a node (typically 6x). Therefore, you can earn 10 XP in 5 PVP matches compared to 6 in PVE. Although the one-time nodes at 10 XP might even it out, not all PVE events have one-time nodes to balance this. Perhaps we could either earn 2 XP per PVE win or increase the fully cleared XP to 12. Personally I would love to see the full clears lowered to 5.

Above is a poll if you think XP in PVE should change. Feel free to discuss below.

Edit: I just finished Deadpool Daily, so that's 50 XP right there so perhaps it should stay the way it is.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's balanced pretty well. Yes, not every sub has 1-time nodes in it for easy XP, but then you have subs like Florida that make up for it. Or the Heroic PvEs that have plenty of 1-time nodes on the main screen.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    PvE also has SHIELD Intercepts for additional rewards. I Think the current system works.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think it's good as-is. You should have to do some work for XP. PVP itself is very hard, so every match deserves some XP. But PVE in general is easier, especially the easy nodes, so that already gives you a decent amount of XP if you finish those. And each harder PVE node gives decent prizes already after four clears, such as 500 iso or 1 cp.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree with you guys above and I realized this after I made the post.. too bad I cannot delete the post. Thanks everyone for the feedback.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    No way. Soft-capped rosters already dominate the highest clearance levels. I don't know if clearance levels were meant to deal with soft cappers or not, but if so it has failed miserably.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've answered quickly to get 2xp per fight but somewhat I forgot that there are one off subs that give 10 immediately. Therefore I am back on team - stay as it is.

In reality great quality of life change would be to lower the PvE clears to 5 (while keeping 4 as the requirement for max progression... once could hope it would be lowered to 3 but that is not going to happen). That way PvE would give slightly more XP unless you are fighting like crazy in PvP when it can give even more (true for all heavy hitters with scores over 1200).

On average (not sure, a bit of guesstimate) you get around 40-50 XP from PvP when you go to 900 points. The PvE has at minimum 90 in it (some will have more or even way more). It is hover much more time consuming to get them. 20-25 fights vs 54 fights (with some being easy and quick). Seems pretty balanced.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would like to see a per win XP in PvE also.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some for each round would be my ideal. But, barring that, I think there should at least be some given for the fourth clear. If you're hitting top progression, it is a bit harsh to penalize someone just because they don't want to grind out 18 more rounds a day when they don't care about placement rewards or winning the node's random boost rewards.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    Then you only get 2xp per fight in DDQ. So you're straight away losing 40 XP per day.
    raw
  • Pinko_McFly
    Pinko_McFly Posts: 282 Mover and Shaker
    For pve repeatable nodes. I would propose 1 xp for the first 5 fights, and 5 exp for clearing it the 6th time.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    The XP system is already overpowered, if anything it needs to be scaled back.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    No changes are needed. Please refrain from posting suggestions for changes. I want no changes to the game. The only thing I want them to do is fix the bugs. Fix the game. Don't try to improve the game when it is still broken. Priority on the bug that causes certain characters to have to use more ap for their power. R118 should be solely for fixing the bug. Heck if that is all that is new with R118, I am fine with that.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Recently XP were added to PVP (Versus). You earn 2 XP for each win. While in PVE (Story), you earn 10 XP for fully clearing a node (typically 6x). Therefore, you can earn 10 XP in 5 PVP matches compared to 6 in PVE. Although the one-time nodes at 10 XP might even it out, not all PVE events have one-time nodes to balance this. Perhaps we could either earn 2 XP per PVE win or increase the fully cleared XP to 12. Personally I would love to see the full clears lowered to 5.

Above is a poll if you think XP in PVE should change. Feel free to discuss below.

Edit: I just finished Deadpool Daily, so that's 50 XP right there so perhaps it should stay the way it is.

Your initial post showed obvious bias towards you not thinking it 'fair" that PvP gets the same XP for one less match.

But then your bolded edit gives you pause and doubt. I'm now not sure which vote to cast.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    I think the current scoring is equal to PvP, but I would like the option to not have to green check mark it. Sometimes I don't want to or don't have the time for 6 clears.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hendross wrote:
    I think the current scoring is equal to PvP, but I would like the option to not have to green check mark it. Sometimes I don't want to or don't have the time for 6 clears.

Agreed. It is a bit ridiculous that you can hit max progression and get zero XP excluding one or two "play once and locked" nodes.