Time for another gauntlet!

evade420
evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
edited February 2017 in MPQ Suggestions and Feedback
It's been way too long, I'm interested to see how SCL will play out in one of the only true PVE events.
Also its my favorite event! !

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Simulator is also a possibility.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    There likely wouldn't be a SCL applied to Gauntlet considering the event starts on its own, you don't enter it
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Gauntlet has no rewards based on Ranking
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    They could still gate it with SCLs and modify progression rewards. There's no reason not to.
  • TarjanVK
    TarjanVK Posts: 30 Just Dropped In
    They could still gate it with SCLs and modify progression rewards. There's no reason not to.

Since scaling has nothing to do with SCL, there'd be no reason to take any SCL other than your maximum.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well yeah, but they could give out better prizes for people in the higher SCLs instead of EVERYONE just being given a single solitary 4* cover (woot!) at the very end.
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    4 star progression and 25 cp in normal pve vs just a 4 star cover in gauntlet. I would actually rather play a heroic
  • UNC_Samurai
    UNC_Samurai Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    A Guantlet with a 5* final progression reward would be the perfect way to unveil SCL 9.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    And et's have a red Peggy cover at the end!
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Gauntlet has no rewards based on Ranking

Neither does Shield Sim, but you still see SCLs there. Definitely would be a huge boost to see SCLs with varying rewards in there.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    spectator wrote:
    4 star progression and 25 cp in normal pve vs just a 4 star cover in gauntlet. I would actually rather play a heroic
    To boot, last time the 4 star cover was a Venom. It was like a forced vacation.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Well yeah, but they could give out better prizes for people in the higher SCLs instead of EVERYONE just being given a single solitary 4* cover (woot!) at the very end.

Does anybody actually play for fun on this forum or is everyone just playing to get prizes ?

Personally gauntlet WAS my favourite event because it forced you to use different teams and was more of a puzzle. Now that you can use the same team as the AI this will be an absolute breeze
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker

Does anybody actually play for fun on this forum or is everyone just playing to get prizes ?

Personally gauntlet WAS my favourite event because it forced you to use different teams and was more of a puzzle. Now that you can use the same team as the AI this will be an absolute breeze
    Both. I play a lot of pve and I have a lot of fun with interesting combos when I'm not chasing top ten placement but I like to be rewarded for my efforts and gauntlet prizes are simply outdated. Time to throw in a few more 4 star covers and a generous amount of cp
  • madsalad
    madsalad Posts: 815 Critical Contributor
    IT'S ALWAYS TIME FOR GAUNTLET!

I honestly wish they had a revolving gauntlet to take the place of the Prologue once you've finished it. Or only have the revolving Gauntlet open to folks over a certain SCL or something. A new Gauntlet every two week would be awesome. It's my favorite event on here.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    The gauntlet would be a good way to truly test how the SHIELD Intercepts drop - the data I've collected over the weekend implies that the chance to draw stays much higher than it used to over 10 rewards, but since there's been a hard cap on how many rewards you could possibly draw, I have no idea what it looks like.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    We NEED a season long Gauntlet, running in parallel to other PvEs.

I have said this a thousand times (well maybe less icon_razz.gif) and I will continue to say so. Gauntlet should run for much longer and it should run in parallel to other events, so we finally have an event where we can really play whenever we want. Prizes should be better though, you should get at least a 4 and 25CPs.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    There should be one new gauntlet per week. That would be great. It would be nice to have more single-player content that you could enjoy without the pressure of maintaining your high alliance scores.
  • evade420
    Okay I'm ready,getting sick of pve again , especially with another run of the hunt inbound .
    BRING ON THE GAUNTLET!!!. please
  • evade420
    Know what would be really really cool....

DOUBLE ISO GAUNTLET
  • evade420
    Gauntlet is on its way. Yay! !