Super Friends: Super Chat

Options
Unknown
edited May 2014 in MPQ Alliances
Ok, probably not all that super, but at least decent.

Hey all, we've almost got a full alliance! How about that? All it took was a little work and a whole lot of money. Sigh.

Are you guys focused more on vs. bot or PvP events?

-Sasquatchkid

Comments

• Welp, at least we'll have alliance chat in game now!
  • Today just wasn't a good day for me and hulk. Didn't pickup the black and got kicked outta making the top ten at 15 to go so no red either.

Hopefully more will play with knives so we can pickup the Ali shield bro cover
  • Lloyd Christmas
    Options
    Hey guys, sorry to jump into your chat but I have been looking for a good alliance to join and I am hoping you may have room for one more person. I am a daily player with a strong 2* team trying to transition my 3*s. I have most characters with a roster of 31 but too many are still sitting at a pretty low level since I don't have the disposable funds to throw into the game. I have joined in game so you have a chance to check out my roster and see if I would be a good fit. I appreciate your consideration.

RC
  • Hi guys,

I was more lucky in Fearless Defenders and got both green and red hulk.
    For the moment, I play the PVE and I tanked the LRs. I will join the PVP later on today.
    But going against well leveled Patches could be brutal ...
  • optimiza
    optimiza Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Yeah, stoked about alliance chat. Should make things a lot easier.

Unfortunate about FD for me as well since I have a 5g Hulk already, pushed up in a competitive bracket to around 8th place (~650 points!) but had to go to work with 3.5 hrs left. Ended up top 25, and seems like our alliance didn't have much interest in the event. Fortunately, got a black Hulk cover from the token so am sitting at 5/1/2 for now. Not a big fan of the green guy though, so I'm fine with things being where they are.

I should be well-positioned to do the Wolvie tourney to get a few more Steves. My Patch is 3/5/5 (went nuts when he was offered) lvl 107, which gets pushed up to 218 (?!?!) with the buff, and 8700 HP. That just seems obnoxious. I'd hate to deal with a 141 buffed Patch. Will probably run Patch/OBW/IM40 so the yellow doesn't get wasted, and the extra reds can be used to burst down the opposing Wolvie. I expect OBW to get downed a lot.

To answer the previous question, I do both, but I think I'm liking PVP more since I can get more done with less time. PVE is a lot of fun, but to have to wait 7-10 days for a result is something I can't deal with much anymore. At least there's rubberbanding to maximize my time.

Also to Lloyd, I think we've got a few spots left (1 or 2) but we've implemented a policy where new members become commanders and buy the next slot, so we're talking about 1900-2000 HP. Not sure if anyone can spot you right now.
  • Yeah, alliance chat will be swell.

I was in the same situation as most of you for FD. Another green hulk is just 500 iso for me. It would be nice if we were pushing into the top 100 for the PvP events, but we're not quite there. We've got two spots left, so hopefully we can fill them with PvP focused people. I reached out for a couple, but that last spot is expensive.

I'm definitely working on the wolvie tournament, but am stuck with just the 2*. I got slammed by scaling when Thick as Thieves came out and couldn't compete for Patch all. Playing against him buffed is brutal. If he gets his green out, your team just wipes.
  • I don't know what's your team in the current PVP, I uses Wolvie (LV 169, 5/5/3), OBW (LV 85, 3/5/5) and IM40 (LV 20n 1/1/1).

If I manage to trigger Recharge, it means one hit kill on a member of the other team.
    The 5k adamantium slash is just awesome and The feral Claws with OBW black powers is deadly too.

Globally, I find that each match is a race to be the first to trigger its powers.
  • optimiza
    Options
    nohpoxas wrote:
    I don't know what's your team in the current PVP, I uses Wolvie (LV 169, 5/5/3), OBW (LV 85, 3/5/5) and IM40 (LV 20n 1/1/1).

If I manage to trigger Recharge, it means one hit kill on a member of the other team.
    The 5k adamantium slash is just awesome and The feral Claws with OBW black powers is deadly too.

Globally, I find that each match is a race to be the first to trigger its powers.

noh, I haven't jumped in yet. How is your OBW surviving? I'm considering running Patch (107, 3/5/5), IM40 (77, 2/2/4), Doom (77, 4/3) or Patch, MHawkeye (69, 5/5/3), IM40 since I'm afraid that OBW is gonna die just to match damage. At least with MHawkeye, Patch is forced to tank even more colors and since mine is 3/5/5 he should regen pretty much everything. MHawkeye is mostly to stun the opposing Wolvie, since he's so buffed that any amount of time you can buy will be critical.
  • nohpoxas wrote:
    I don't know what's your team in the current PVP, I uses Wolvie (LV 169, 5/5/3), OBW (LV 85, 3/5/5) and IM40 (LV 20n 1/1/1).

That's a good call, I think I'll try that strategy for my next run. I've got a 5/5/2 IM40, but then recharge can fuel OBW's blue and save me some heals.

Hopefully some of the alliance are sitting on this til the last minute, cause we're pretty far out of the alliance rewards.
  • Can any of you kids push a bit more in the Wolverine Best There Is tournament? We need a bit more to break into the Top 100 and get a Captain America 3 star!

I've got about 650 points and shielded because I'm in a top bracket!
  • optimiza
    Options
    Can any of you kids push a bit more in the Wolverine Best There Is tournament? We need a bit more to break into the Top 100 and get a Captain America 3 star!

I've got about 650 points and shielded because I'm in a top bracket!

Agreed, some more participation would be nice, I pushed up to ~550 and will keep pushing, but we're averaging like 250 per person right now, which is kind of weak considering how many people we have.
  • Well if you have room for one more I would love to join. You definitely have the best Alliance name out there! I am pretty active, usually posting over 400 points per event.
  • optimiza
    Options
    Initially I was kind of irritated that we didn't crack 100, but after looking through the team rosters, we actually weren't well-positioned to do well in that event since many of us didn't have high level patches or a wolves (that sounds like an insult). So no worries there. The next two PVPs are a bit of the same though in this one we're on more even ground since I think most people don't have too many covers into Mr. Rogers. I have an incredibly intimidating 0/0/1 GSBW, who will hopefully be at least 1/1/1 by the end of the next event. May need to get my tank on in SHIELD training first!
  • Yeah, I pushed up to about 650 too, but we weren't that close. I think the subset of our alliance that is trying in pvp is the same as those looking at the chat board. I'm gonna try for two gsbw covers in the cap event, but don't have much hope for the third. Maybe alliance chat will help with our coordination.
  • So far our alliance seems way more PVE orientated than PvP. Which I can understand in some way because you spend more HP for PvP for shields and so forth. I am not going to push for the current Cap'n tournament because my Steve Rogers is pretty low and worthless.
  • optimiza
    Options
    So far our alliance seems way more PVE orientated than PvP. Which I can understand in some way because you spend more HP for PvP for shields and so forth. I am not going to push for the current Cap'n tournament because my Steve Rogers is pretty low and worthless.

At least the silver lining here is that most people's are probably low and worthless unless they spent a crapton of money out of the gate or hoarded hp.
  • optimiza
    Options
    Ooh, are any of you working on the event? We're actually in pretty decent position - #112 or so with two hours to go. If we get a coordinated push we can break 100. I'm shielded at 711, but may push a bit in the final minutes if needed.
  • I wasn't able to make a push at the end of both events stuck at work. Dropped from 23 to 50+ by the time Best there is ended. The cap tournament, I wasn't doing as well (somewhere around 120), but I had been able to bump up our ranking from mid 150s to 100s. Wanted to come back and make a push at the end but got busy at work icon_mad.gif

Its getting harder to maintain my rank in PVE. Trying to get >50 in order to get the two cover award is not going to be easy. Good luck to everyone. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Have you guys downloaded the new patch? It's pretty great.

Right now, we're in the 70's. Me and my brother (Keegandrummer) are #1 and #2 in the alliance in ISO event. Kokimg is #3. I like that you can now see who is doing what.
  • optimiza
    Options
    Hey guys, how did we do in the GSBW PVE? Did we crack top 100?