Hulks "Other Guy" crashing game again. Are you kidding me!?!

Rock2000
Rock2000 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
I've had two times where when Hulk gets killed while the Other Guy is active, the game crashes in the Unnhhh message. Geeze, what is going on? This bug was already created and fixed. This game is not some super complicated software, at least on the client side. It's all very black and white, with simple programmatic rules and flow. Put some automated test cases in here for crying out loud. By far most of these issues should never get past responsible developers, let alone through QA. Unless management tells everyone to ram it through regardless.

Comments

• SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    lovely...good thing i stopped using him after i champ'ed 3 star hulk
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Rock2000 wrote:
    I've had two times where when Hulk gets killed while the Other Guy is active, the game crashes in the Unnhhh message. Geeze, what is going on? This bug was already created and fixed. This game is not some super complicated software, at least on the client side. It's all very black and white, with simple programmatic rules and flow. Put some automated test cases in here for crying out loud. By far most of these issues should never get past responsible developers, let alone through QA. Unless management tells everyone to ram it through regardless.
    While I'm no technician, and this is more so personal experience/speculation, but have you made sure to clear your cache recently? I've noticed before with other apps that old bugs that were fixed would pop up sometimes if I still had old cache information still residing in my phone.

Edit: By the way, I specifically mean CACHE and not DATA. Do not clear your data! (Mostly because I've never done that before, as I don't trust its wording, so I can't vouch for what will happen if you clear data)
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've tried to play a match against Banner 3 times, and upon entering the game (as the board drops) it crashes. So anyone who can field a banner is immune to being attacked by me icon_e_sad.gif
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby wrote:
    I've noticed before with other apps that old bugs that were fixed would pop up sometimes if I still had old cache information still residing in my phone.

Having your update process not evict or at the very least invalidate stale cache data that is no longer suited for use with a newer software revision is a whole other problem unto itself. And if MPQ falls into that trap, then it's one thing which definitely should be on the "Fix it; now!"-shortlist.

I'd be far more worried if clearing cache would fix this problem, than if it wouldn't. icon_exclaim.gif