The order of damage buffs

fanghoul
fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Edit: The below comment on Thanos multiplying strike tiles is wrong. I've figured out that the in game example I was using didn't have enough strike tiles, and was multiplying by 2.6 instead of 3.6, which gave it an inflated number. I still feel like he does a lot of damage with Crit tiles, but that's harder to set up experiments for.

So, I think I've noticed something interesting in the way that Thanos applies his damage buff. To compare with Vision for a second, if he had Density: Heavy active for a 1500 damage point bonus, plus let's say 150 points for the match, and 300 points of strike tiles out, he'd do about

1500+150+300 = 1900 points of damage.

Thanos on the other hand, if he has a 260% multiplier up seems to do

(150+300)*2.6 = 1170 points of damage

Which is still less than Vision, but is higher than if he just multiplied the match damage alone. With enough strike tiles out, it even might do more damage than Vision. This seems to get particularly nutty when you get a crit gem involved. Then I think it's Vision doing around 2900 to Thanos's 3640 for this same situation. I haven't had a good opportunity to check that yet.

That seems to be what I'm noticing. Can someone help confirm?

Comments

• fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    Well, I made a mistake when I was doing this, and he isn't multiplying strike tiles after all. He seems to do a lot of damage with crit tiles in purple mode, but I haven't really had enough examples to work with to figure out if there's actually anything going on there, or if my brain is just being stupidly impressed because I'm frequently using him against trivial groups.