Cascades and AP counts.

DFiPL
DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
First off, this isn't a "cheating" post. Just an honest question that's been bugging me forever and a day.

When I use a power that triggers a cascade, or make a match that does the same, I can watch my own AP count update in real-time. Regardless of how the AI triggers a cascade, it waits until everything is done - including powers for which it has earned the AP during said cascade - before it updates. And that's been a thing for as long as I've been playing.

My question is: why? Why has that disparity existed for so long? Have the developers made any effort to address whatever it is in the code that causes that? If not, why not? What benefit exists in allowing player AP counts to update in real time, but allowing the AI to 'pause' its own because it's too busy adding new powers to the powerspam queue as it cascades that AP?

Comments

• Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,411 Chairperson of the Boards
    If I had to guess? It's because we, the player, have the abilities buttons with the ap bar. Whereas the AI doesn't? So in order to have the bars be accurate, it has to be calculated more often.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pongie wrote:
    If I had to guess? It's because we, the player, have the abilities buttons with the ap bar. Whereas the AI doesn't? So in order to have the bars be accurate, it has to be calculated more often.

Should clarify that I'm on Steam, so no buttons are involved.