New Carol
Shield Intercept Changes ...
Powers be broke ...
Hulk Rewards update ...

http://www.puzzlewarriors3.com/pw3-e72.html

Comments

• LFChikarason
    LFChikarason Posts: 402 Mover and Shaker
    - I think all of those Rankin Bass specials leave a lot to be desired. The songs are great
    - My level 288 (at the time) Hulkbuster flattened Hulkie
    - hashtag cat meme tax
    - The sound effect for Ghostie's Penance Stare is also delightful
    - I was more shocked to see Mariah Carey was still a thing
    - The fact that the 900 point reward for the Thanos PVP was Sue the Shooter made it that much worse
    - I think this level of vitriol is from this being yet another issue onto of several issues that either haven't been resolved yet (Devil Dino PVP not giving rewards) unclarity regarding resolutions (five star Hulk) and no resolution yet (Galactus nodes not opening)
    - Oh Ray, please open all those covers on the show once Thanos is added
    - I think Medusa would fit into Craig's Mr. F & Carnage tandem
    - Does this tome about cones become a cone itself?
    - My Star-Lord is level 284. I run him at 3/5/5 but any build at this point for him could work. I had him champed before the re-work, so I was ahead of the curve?
    - My vine is still the Miles mentioned last week, now with a week left to go. I have more than enough ISO to champ him, but I'm holding out for a Hero. Or a Moonie
    - I did get another purple 5-star Hulk cover this week for my best of the week
    - I had been using boosted X-Force Wolvie, X-Force Deadpool and Kamala Khan in ISO-8 Brotherhood for all the healing
    - My favorite cheese is goat
    - My favorite Nicole Kidman story is 'Days of Thunder'
    - In listening to the unedited, unsound effected episodes, I have no clue on that clue
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just listened to episode 71 and in it a comment about Winter Soldier was read in which it was suggested to respec him for TU giving purposes. There was a change made at some point that if you have a character champed all TUs sent out will be sent at 5 covers regardless of how the character is currently spec. tl;dr there is never a need to respec your characters for the purposes of giving TUs.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    You cannot beat a hot bacon, mustard (English not that watered down American hot dog filth icon_e_wink.gif ) and brie baguette!

Anyway lot's of laughs in that show, suffering the exact same Moon Knight black issue. I took to letting my son open tokens and even he has to see the disappointment in his fathers eyes when the pull turns to MK black. I have had 10 black and two currently dying on the vine.

Really good guest, lots to say and great input. Nice to put a voice to the top player pounding you!

Like most others I also detested the Thanos PVP and will be building a non black duplicate for further PVE and PVPs.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I watched the Rudolph new years special for the first time this year. No I'm not 12. I can't say I thought it was anywhere near as good as the Christmas special. My daughters (6 and 4, and -experts- on tv animation, obviously) do NOT think either of them hold up from a technical perspective. You can hold anything up with nostalgia, I guess. Except Mariah Carey. (zing?)

Another vote for brie from me. Did you ask Animerat what his favourite cheese was? I can't remember. If not, what a waste of a guest. icon_cool.gif And you didn't even tell us what Quill's is either (just make it up, who's going to call you on it).

My Star-Lord is also 5/1/2. The only 5 purple covers I've gotten so far, thankfully. However, he was a 0/1/2 prior to this, so...

Can you just go back to calling him Leonard? There are way too many Joes as it is. Or The Joe Formerly Known as Leonard F Chikarason. Throw us a bone here.
  • JFisch
    JFisch Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    - In listening to the unedited, unsound effected episodes, I have no clue on that clue

It doesn't help that the German was read with midwestern US pronunciation. They're lines from Falco's Rock Me Amadeus.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    I always run starlord 3/5/5 even when I use 4* cyclops with him. If I don't have enough team up ap, I can use his yellow at 3 ap to put out some countdowns to get Starlords punch to max damage. To me purple is only for tile management and adding countdowns for his punch.
  • TxMoose
    TxMoose Posts: 4,319 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think you guys may be a little too dismissive of SL purple for damage dealing. SL is one of a handful of favorites of mine and can be played at nearly any build (3/5/5, 5/3/5, or 5/5/3). I like to keep 5 yellow and use 5 purple for either goon cds or if I have a stronger red.

now, back to purple - my SL is 280, so 270 stats will be a little less, but for 10 purple, or more likely 8 purple, you get to place 3 cds, which each to 567 aoe plus 1057 to the target (at 280). at first glance that isn't earth shattering because its divided up, but adding it all up (assuming all 3 survive), you get a grand total of nearly 8300 damage (1701 aoe plus 3171 to the target) for 8 or 10 purple, plus the overwriting utility. I think his purple is very underappreciated. as someone said, if you have strikes out there, this ability uses those strikes 9X (3x on each opponent). truthfully I use 5/5/3 more often than anything else. his boosted week coincides with cyke, so I'm using cyke red there. if I'm not using cyke it'll be peggy or hb or 4thor, so solid reds there too. recently used SL in the axw essential node with 3daken. axw green for 4, red for 10, and daken blue for 3. along with SL purple for 8. good times...
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    In War Machine's defense, and judging from the fluff in the Machine Gun ability description, I think the Countdown tiles are supposed to represent the time spent waiting for the barrels to start spinning at full speed (not the time it takes for the bullets to reach the target). And if you think that's a long time, think how long it takes one of those HAMMER guys to load, aim, and fire his rocket launcher (Or pistol, for that matter) icon_e_smile.gif
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    --Before I even start in on commenting the episode, how about that Carol? Boy, howdy. What a great character addition to the game. I've never enjoyed the 3-star Captain Marvel but this one is terrific. I gained one cover from Deadpool vs MPQ and another from the current Heroic Vault. I used her today with a Green Goblin Pumpkin Bomb team-up I'd been sent. I took two of those three countdowns to zero immediately thanks to the 10 yellow AP I was holding. Amazing. 3-star Captain Marvel currently gives Peggy Carter as a 4-star reward. I have 23 levels to go before I receive another one and I'm not sure if I'd rather it stays Peggy or switches to 4-star Carol since they're both terrific; it'll be a long time until that happens, anyway.
    --I'm not excited that 5-star Steve Rogers is the character being reworked this time around. Like so, so many players, I just don't have him cover'd enough (2/0/0 in my case) to care much about his powers. I will be willing to send him out as a team-up after the rework, though. I currently don't even bother with that.
    --Welcome, Animerat. Thanks for being on and supporting the show.
    --Hulkbuster vs Hulk was a loss for me. 3/3/3 at level 118 just doesn't seem to be enough coverage to do the trick. I'm far more confidant in my L209 4/4/2 Star-Lord.
    --I turned the volume on just so I could hear the Ghost Rider sound effect. That was pretty funny.
    --I'm glad Thanos has already been altered so he doesn't hurt my team quite as much. Speaking of characters that could hurt my own team, I read that Sentry & Ragnarok have had powers fixed so they don't hurt themselves at the same time. On the rare times when I use those characters, I never use those powers.
    --Back to Carol, it's thematic to play her with War Machine since they were dating prior to the events of Civil War II when
    he's killed.
    --It may stink having Battery Man broken right now but both 2- and 3-star Black Widow are greatly benefiting from the bug. I usually play OBW with only 3 purple because it becomes so expensive but I have it pumped to 5 right now. Grey Suit's reduced cost Sniper Rifle makes "Charlie's Angels" even more deadly.
    --Grumpy, over-reacting comments like the one Ray read are part of why I don't read much in these forums.
    --On Naboo, "Queen" is an elected position so Amidala wasn't a princess before being queen. (George Lucas doesn't seem to know what "queen" means.)
    --My vine is all 2-stars just waiting for the ISO so I can re-Champion them. 14 out of 24 of those are Moonstone. I have a 4-star Punisher that I thought was going to expire but I earned the Command Points to buy cover #13 for him and the ISO to make him my ninth 4-star Champion.
    --There are eight covers on my non-Champion 4-stars that are at five covers. Since I'm currently low on both Command Points and ISO, I won't be opening any more Legendary Tokens until those resources are replenished.
    --I didn't understand the clue at ALL. Guess I'll be surprised in a couple of days.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    XaOs72 wrote:
    Patron guest: Animerat!
    That no talent ****-clown!

Seriously though. Looking forward to this episode. You guys really do the community a service.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    In War Machine's defense, and judging from the fluff in the Machine Gun ability description, I think the Countdown tiles are supposed to represent the time spent waiting for the barrels to start spinning at full speed (not the time it takes for the bullets to reach the target). And if you think that's a long time, think how long it takes one of those HAMMER guys to load, aim, and fire his rocket launcher (Or pistol, for that matter) icon_e_smile.gif

You just compared War Machine to a GOON? Ouch. And I thought that in-game art (inspired by Rubbermaid!) was an insult icon_lol.gif

I think of War Machine as a playable Ultron Sentry goon.. heck if he was on a team with 2 other Ultron Sentry goons, I wouldn't even notice it was him.