Is the Spidey and C Mags nerf still pushing through??

Options
Do you guys think the funbalance for these 2 will happen anytime soon? Undecided if I should go ahead and level up my Spidey... icon_eek.gif

Comments

• At first I was really excited about not seeing spidey and cmags everywhere,I was waiting eagerly for the nerfs.

But after I started leveling up 3* characters i felt less and less that they needed the nerfs.
    Cmags plays by combining off and not giving your opponents another turn, but it is a lot slower than some of the other character eg punisher patch and torch (it looks). So yeah you're taking a lot less damage but you're giving that up for speed.
    It's the same with spidey, he is a very grindy character so you take less damage but the fights take longer.
    They both are bad on defense, unlike punisher and patch.

It was the same for me when I was in the 2* portion of the game.
    Everything was 'ahhh obw' where one recon would basically kill me, now I have no issue with her, I feel it will be the same with spidey and cmags, once more characters come out there will be more counter picks and other characters that do their own 'op' things.

Just my 2 cents.

EDIT: To answer your question, go ahead have fun with the character, it just means less iso to put into him after the nerfs.
    These devs are smart enough not to neuter these guys.
  • KaioShinDE
    KaioShinDE Posts: 265 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It will still happen, but there is no timeline, it might be weeks away. Since it was announced I leveled a Cmag from scratch to level 100 and got tons of PvP victories and PvE success (overwritting cd tiles!) thanks to him. So even if they'd Ragnarok him tomorrow, I'd have no regrets.
  • He is kinda broken with patch tho, kinda easy to benefit from the strike tiles before going low on blue and overriding 2 of the enemy strike tiles.
    I guess the downside is both their hp is 5800 only, not lazy thor or BPs level while both of the latter are fatty and have nukes.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    It would appear there is a schism in the development team on something.

Until they come to a consensus, expect nothing.

Of course, since IceIX only gives vague hints that could be tomorrow.

They may even be waiting to see how the newest batch of characters affects things . I'm not expecting anything until after lazyDaken is in game for a couple weeks.
  • There is also a decent chance that the funbalance =/= total nerf. I can't really comment on how good thorverine were before as I was just joining the 2* scene, but both are still very common characters to see in people's maxed 2* teams. Both are still very good (can only imagine how obscene they must have been).
  • White434 wrote:
    There is also a decent chance that the funbalance =/= total nerf. I can't really comment on how good thorverine were before as I was just joining the 2* scene, but both are still very common characters to see in people's maxed 2* teams. Both are still very good (can only imagine how obscene they must have been).

Wolverine was essentially an uber-Daken - his green skill was only 3 ap at 5 covers, and his red skill was less powerful than it is now, but his yellow was like Patch's, only better. You could usually have him dishing out strike tiles and damage all day while taking very little himself. With the change, I usually like Daken better in the role, even with his low level cap, because Wolverine just dies too easily.

Thor was different - his red was low cost and spammable (though I never had more than 2 covers for it when it was), his yellow did more damage but created fewer tiles, and his green was much weaker (but created red tiles). His change probably made him less overpowered, but - speaking as someone who never was able to take advantage of the red - I actually like him more now.

As long as they do more Thor-type rebalances, I'm fine with it. I feel like Wolverine's yellow was nerfed too much.
  • Yay now that we have mods this thread will be locked much faster than usual.
  • In his defense, there hasn't been a topic on this for the last 3 pages of general discussion. And to the OP, there's a lot of discussion on the merits of leveling Spidey and Mags in their respective character threads.
  • I had to admit I didn't see why this thread should have been locked...sometimes there are three almost identical threads all running on the first page and that gets cumbersome. And a thread like this has no place in say the alliance subforum. But if it is something people want to discuss, why not let it stay in gen discussion?
  • I hoping it will soon, at least for Spiderman. With arguably the most potent ability in the game (2 ap stun that builds stacks) at his disposal, he makes any thought of a strategic defense null and void, and trivializes high level pve encounters. Granted, the higher the encounter goes, the more you end up having to use spidey, but that's because he makes it possible to play out of the range of where you should be at.

As for Mags... well, I never really thought he was all that powerful unless you really let him get off the ground and going. Then he just feeds into himself while laughing at the enemies displeasure. But really, prevent purple and focus him down and he can generally be somewhat balanced. Maybe tone the damage down by 20% on his purple though. I feel dirty when I can one shot characters from full with that ability.
  • Riggy wrote:
    In his defense, there hasn't been a topic on this for the last 3 pages of general discussion. And to the OP, there's a lot of discussion on the merits of leveling Spidey and Mags in their respective character threads.

Because Ice already established the precedent:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4417&start=120

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=5333&start=20

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3197&start=80

It's a topic that comes up literally every single week since they announced the funbalance roster.
  • C Mag is pretty solid on defence, depending on his build, but a 5/4/4 build has a move the computer can spam with each match and a hard hitting nuke in a somewhat rarely used color. 5/5/3 is also really annoying, because while the nuke suffers, hus red happens more often and has an annoying habbit of cascading.
  • As regular forum posters, we see this topic every week. For a new poster, I think we can cut them some slack - after 3 pages and not seeing anything, I don't fault him for making a post on it.

Also, please cut your new mods some slack as we figure out how to balance our responsibilities (and figure out how to use the new tools). We'll go ahead and lock this for now, so as to keep the thread from devolving. Check out the character threads linked in my earlier post for discussion on the merits of leveling a character that is queued up for balancing
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Good point, Jozier, but I'll defer to Riggy. There will likely be at least one front page discussion on this topic until the Nerf comes through. When there is more than one discussion for the same topic on the front page, then we'll probably lock one. But if there is just one main discussion, may as well let it ride.
This discussion has been closed.