Non-Champion Respeccing? [Fixed In R118]

ZeiramMR
ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
I have a Venom (Eddie Brock) yellow expiring tomorrow, and decided to respec my level 182 Venom instead of selling the cover. The respec occurred but the cover is still listing in my 14 day queue. R117 bug? One thing that was odd is that I originally tried to apply it from the power's screen in Venom's info and it didn't seem to work. Maybe that had something to do with the issue.

(I'll let the extra cover expire to get back to the expected state.)

Comments

• justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    I just noticed this as well.

My Nick Fury is at 4/5/4 and level 140. I have a yellow cover expiring soon and I'm not going to champ him. I tried applying the yellow cover, I chose to drop purple, clicked "OK" to confirm, and nothing happened.
  • ZeiramMR
    Did your Fury change to 5/5/3, though? My Venom got the swap of yellow and black.
  • justplainchips
    ZeiramMR wrote:
    Did your Fury change to 5/5/3, though? My Venom got the swap of yellow and black.
    It didn't.
    I just re-read your post again and I had the same experience as you.

I was trying to re-spec from the character's power screen and nothing happened.

Just now I just clicked on "TRAIN" from the cover list and the powers were changed but the cover stayed in my queue.
    Unfortunately I think I lost the top cover from my queue. Thankfully it was only a 2* OBW.

As far as I remember, my queue (top to bottom) had been:
    OBW
    OBW
    OBW
    Spider-Gwen
    Nick Fury
    5*Thanos
    OBW

Now I only have the bottom 6. I remember my old "Claim Your Rewards" number being 7 and specifically remember having 4 OBW covers to re-start building her.
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    I had the same thing happen just now. Pulled a red cover for 4* Sam Wilson. I had no intention of championing him, but preferred more red in my build. I brought him from 5/5/3 to 3/5/5 with a single red cover in my queue, and the cover is still there.

Hopefully this is a new feature sneaking in early, and not a bug.

EDIT: I just realized I was charged CP at some point in this process, which is annoying, as that's not where I would have spent it. But the bug is real. It would have cost me 240 CP to retrain Falcon by two covers, and I only had about half that saved up.
  • dingao666
    dingao666 Posts: 74 Match Maker
    same issue here
    lost 240 CP , respeccing IW blue power

i submit a ticket, lets see what happens

play on steam version
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Hey Everyone. Thanks for the information! We've informed the engineering team, and they'll be investigating further.
  • RogueZeroOne
    RogueZeroOne Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    It must be a bug. I had the same thing happen.
    I performing respecs on unchamped 4* heroes with covers that were about to expire when I noticed that 2/3 of my command points were missing.
    There was definitely no warning ("Train your hero with command points?").
    Then to be sure, I tested it with an IW cover and sure enough, 120 CP disappeared before my eyes!
    I submitted a ticket, but it is going to be hard to prove, isn't it? I lost about 1200 CP, but my most recent SS was from a couple of days before.
    I've been hoarding for a run at classic legends.
    Thank you for watching the forums, Brigby.
  • Deegamah
    Deegamah Posts: 18 Just Dropped In
    I think I got this bug? I had a 3* Spidey blue cover in my queue, and I wanted to respec my 5/3/5 build. I thought I used the cover to change it, but when I checked, I still had the cover and now a 4/4/5 build. I'm pretty sure I lost command points, but I don't remember what I had before, so I couldn't be sure.

I tried again, thinking I might have accidentally bought a blue cover with CP. However, it wouldn't let me use the cover from the character page, it popped up the "Are you sure you want to use this cover" warning message, but when I clicked okay, it didn't change. I tried from the rewards queue instead, and it worked, but even through Spidey's build changed again to 3/5/5, I still have the original blue cover in my queue.
  • xdogg
    xdogg Posts: 334 Mover and Shaker
    I actually had this happen to me. I didn't realize Drax wasn't championed yet but I have him fully covered , I had a couple extra black covers and I saw I could change his powers in his character screen by clicking the covers which I did bringing him up to 5 Black. A little later I noticed I was short 240 cp, OMG! Took me a little while to figure what happened. Took about 5 days but CS restored my CP! Thank you very much! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • bmart14
    bmart14 Posts: 10
    Same thing is happening to me with Sam Wilson Cap. Trying to respec from 5/4/4 using an expiring red card. It doesn't apply. The clock is ticking on the card. When will this bug be fixed?
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had this problem occurring when I was trying to apply a Medusa cover. I don't know if I lost any other covers trying to make it work (nothing I missed, at least), but I force quit the app and reloaded it and it started working again.

So you could try that and hope for the best... it worked for me.

If you want to wait for the patch to fix it, R118 could be out as soon as Monday next week. I don't work for Demiurge or D3 or anything, but that would fit their usual two week patch cycle.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    DayvBang wrote:
    I had this problem occurring when I was trying to apply a Medusa cover. I don't know if I lost any other covers trying to make it work (nothing I missed, at least), but I force quit the app and reloaded it and it started working again.

So you could try that and hope for the best... it worked for me.

If you want to wait for the patch to fix it, R118 could be out as soon as Monday next week. I don't work for Demiurge or D3 or anything, but that would fit their usual two week patch cycle.

If the fix is implemented by then....if they have not identified the problem or started on a fix yet, that leaves tomorrow and Friday (Monday morning too I suppose) before the patch goes live
  • stowaway
    stowaway Posts: 501 Critical Contributor
    xdogg wrote:
    I actually had this happen to me. I didn't realize Drax wasn't championed yet but I have him fully covered , I had a couple extra black covers and I saw I could change his powers in his character screen by clicking the covers which I did bringing him up to 5 Black. A little later I noticed I was short 240 cp, OMG! Took me a little while to figure what happened. Took about 5 days but CS restored my CP! Thank you very much! icon_e_biggrin.gif

I'm glad they're at least helping some people. It took them 8 days to get me a form letter response to a completely different bug, and a note saying my ticket had been closed.
  • ZeiramMR
    Does anyone know if partial CP are taken if you didn't have that many? I'm currently saving CP until the season starts, but when this bug happened to me I would not have had the full 120 CP that it would normally cost to respec a 4*.
  • supergarv
    supergarv Posts: 408 Mover and Shaker
    Had the same happen to me right now with the Elektra cover, 120 CP just vaporized. I contacted CS and really hope they can put back those lost CPs for us affected people. 120CP is a lot to earn and takes many events. Please put in a word for us, Brigby icon_e_smile.gif
  • Rob82092
    Rob82092 Posts: 20 Just Dropped In
    I respec'd colossus using the 2 black covers in my queue this morning (not knowing about the bug).

It ate the OBW & Kingpin I had in my queue :'(

I've raised a ticket, but this totally screws up finishing my KP.
  • justplainchips
    I just got a the OBW cover I lost. Hooray for CS!

I hope everyone else also gets back the stuff that they lost.
  • TLCstormz
    TLCstormz Posts: 1,668
    Wait a zecond.......this bug is friggin nuts........

How / Why on earth would using covers trigger CP spending, in the first place???????

And, on a personal note, I have thousands of CPs and hundreds of covers in my queue. And I respec non champion characters, all the time. How the heck is a person supposed to know if they got hit with this, or not?
  • dingao666
    dingao666 Posts: 74 Match Maker
    CS give my CP back
    in time they will solve tickets

but i think they need to send a in game message to everyone at login warning about this issue, until patch R118 go live