Moonstone's HP does not make sense

Bondidude
Bondidude Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
Today I was playing one of the nodes in Iso-8 Brotherhood and I loaded it up and noticed how much HP Moonstone had.

She was loading up with 15k HP while Ragnarok and Doom had somewhere around 12k.

Why does Moonstone have a significantly higher HP than either Ranarok or Doom? Why does she have higher HP than the clone of a God at comparative levels?

It does't make any sense thematically either. Is Moonstone supposed to be tougher to beat down than a God? Ares at similar levels comes out at around 5k less HP than her.

Moonstone is really the biggest outlier of this, as most of the other 2* Dark Avengers seem to land around reasonable levels when scaled that high.

It also wouldn't be as much of an issue if she wasn't in practically every event, multiple times where you have to fight her several times a day. I start rolling my eyes as soon as I see her knowing it's going to take me at least one and a half times to clear that node than others because of how much HP she has. It really cuts into the fun of the game and makes it significantly more of a grind than it really should be.

Here's some sample data from our alliance chat after I brought this up.

Level 279 Moonstone - 19k
Level 292 Moonstone - 21k
Level 307 Moonstone - 23k
Level 322 Moonstone - 26k

Compare that to:

Level 292 Ragnarok - 19k (2k less than moonstone at a comparable level)
Level 278 IM40 - 16k (3k less than Moonstone at a comparable level)
Level 307 Ares - 18K (5k less than Moonstone at a comparable level)
Level 307 Doom - 19k (4k less than Moonstone at a comparable level)

Comments

• Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bondidude wrote:
    Today I was playing one of the nodes in Iso-8 Brotherhood and I loaded it up and noticed how much HP Moonstone had.

She was loading up with 15k HP while Ragnarok and Doom had somewhere around 12k.

Why does Moonstone have a significantly higher HP than either Ranarok or Doom? Why does she have higher HP than the clone of a God at comparative levels?

It does't make any sense thematically either. Is Moonstone supposed to be tougher to beat down than a God? Ares at similar levels comes out at around 5k less HP than her.

Moonstone is really the biggest outlier of this, as most of the other 2* Dark Avengers seem to land around reasonable levels when scaled that high.

It also wouldn't be as much of an issue if she wasn't in practically every event, multiple times where you have to fight her several times a day. I start rolling my eyes as soon as I see her knowing it's going to take me at least one and a half times to clear that node than others because of how much HP she has. It really cuts into the fun of the game and makes it significantly more of a grind than it really should be.

Here's some sample data from our alliance chat after I brought this up.

Level 279 Moonstone - 19k
    Level 292 Moonstone - 21k
    Level 307 Moonstone - 23k
    Level 322 Moonstone - 26k

Compare that to:

Level 292 Ragnarok - 19k (2k less than moonstone at a comparable level)
    Level 278 IM40 - 16k (3k less than Moonstone at a comparable level)
    Level 307 Ares - 18K (5k less than Moonstone at a comparable level)
    Level 307 Doom - 19k (4k less than Moonstone at a comparable level)
    It get's even better.

Level 425 Moonstone - 59K
    Level 425 Doom - 49K
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    This is actually comics-accurate; one of Moonstone's powers is to become intangible at will, and it makes her really hard to beat in a straight-up fight. The devs chose to express that through her HP rather than a power like Vision's Density: Light. If you want to compare her to Ares, read the Dark Avengers run and see who gets beaten up easier (spoiler: it's the one wearing a big helmet).
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited January 2017
    That's also why Hulk has infinite health. Oh wait.

Actually this is not that new; it changed with the health adjustment from... 18 months ago? Prior to that she had the same HP at all levels as Cap, Cap, Cap, and Ms Marvel.
  • keitterman
    keitterman Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Well, it isn't a mistake. I dunno if it's for thematic reasons, or to make certain nodes more challenging, but they intentionally increased her HP. I doubt it's for theme though, as they don't seem very interested in keeping a character power theme theme going across the star levels, and really, think about how difficult that would be to accurately portray depictions from the comic. What would 5* black widow have for stats compared to a 5* Thanos?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    During the last Balance of Power, I went through my roster, looking at the health of all the characters. Her health was equal to that of the Hulks (Regular, Cho, and Red). Gave me a chuckle. I'm not sure that's enough to explain Hulk being her champion reward though. Maybe we'll get a Moonstone in her old, yellow with helmet costume some day (More likely the white and gold one). She could be a Rare at least and maybe reflect the intangible thing by actually going intangible. Perhaps reflect it as a self-airborne power?