are the higher cost powers actually a bug?

ThatOneGuyjp189512
ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
this whole thing with powers costing more than they should just reminds of when 3* storm was introduced and 1* storms red went from 5 to 9 which was a "bug". Later though it was introduced as an adjustment, which means the "bug" was just testing to see how people reacted, this feels like the same thing.

Comments

• hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    It's more than likely a bug, as what's happening is that powers that change their AP costs with more covers are now stuck at their original AP cost. So some get higher (IM40) and some get lower (OBW and GSBW).
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    They aren't all higher cost, though. Some are lower. OBW purple and GSBW's red and green are all reduced cost. 2* Magneto's red and blue are reduced cost.

I mean, Brigby has also said it's a bug, but even if you don't believe him, OBW's purple in particular is semi-OP if it's stealing 4 AP of all colors for the net cost of 1 purple AP. Does that sound like a likely "adjustment" to you? icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    Not all of this will last. The changes made to to **Magneto has made him overpowered. He now has three cheap abilities that can cause massive cascades. I expect at least him to be rolled back to his former self.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    The Characters in question all reverted to their old level one power posts
  • Addix
    Addix Posts: 35
    It would seem the problem that you are experiencing is a known issue with the application. Currently, all characters that have an increased or decreased cost to activating their abilities depending on their power's level will remain static regardless of their ability level. This includes the characters power you have described. The developers are aware of this issue, and a fix for this issue is set to be released in R117. We thank you for your patience until this issue can be resolved.

CS replied, woohoo!! IM40 will be fixed sometime soon!!! Double woohoo!
  • WEBGAS
    WEBGAS Posts: 474 Mover and Shaker
    Addix wrote:
    It would seem the problem that you are experiencing is a known issue with the application. Currently, all characters that have an increased or decreased cost to activating their abilities depending on their power's level will remain static regardless of their ability level. This includes the characters power you have described. The developers are aware of this issue, and a fix for this issue is set to be released in R117. We thank you for your patience until this issue can be resolved.

Yes, just like the promised compensations for the Bruce Banner (HULK) and Galactus Bug....
    I won't hold my breath, tough icon_e_sad.gif

Meanwhile we have to afford a new release character' s PVE with this ugly bug! icon_redface.gif
  • Addix
    Addix Posts: 35
    WEBGAS wrote:
    Addix wrote:

Yes, just like the promised compensations for the Bruce Banner (HULK) and Galactus Bug....
    I won't hold my breath, tough icon_e_sad.gif

Meanwhile we have to afford a new release character' s PVE with this ugly bug! icon_redface.gif

Low attention span. Forgot about that. And my TBE till he gets fixed.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Recharge is hardly unusable at 8 AP, especially in something trivial like TBE. It's not ridiculous, certainly

If you're really having issues, use OBW at 5/3/5 and collect your yellow AP with a 5 AP aggressive recon.