Court Death and From the Ashes

Vladdy
Vladdy Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Is it me or does Thanos' Court Death can kill Phoenix without her triggering From the Ashes although there are basic red tiles on the board?

I think i saw that twice or thrice now. At first I thought I am mistaken/tired/dumb/drunk/whatever but now I am really curious.

Anyone experienced that too?

Comments

• zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder if it's the same with Supernova or Sybiote Scythes?
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apparently Passives are supposed to kill PHX according to CS.. but then again they also replied to a guy that stuns could prevent the power from triggering, then retracted that when they read the actual power description.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Daiches wrote:
    Apparently Passives are supposed to kill PHX according to CS.. but then again they also replied to a guy that stuns could prevent the power from triggering, then retracted that when they read the actual power description.

Wait what? passives can kill phx without trigger "ashes" Has anyone tested with Strange?
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    3* or 5*? 5* Thanos has his purple countdown that should prevent Pheonix from making the rise from the ashes countdown. But I don't have him yet
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,495 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good observation Stray cat.

hoping OP updates us with that info
  • Vladdy
    Vladdy Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Straycat wrote:
    3* or 5*? 5* Thanos has his purple countdown that should prevent Pheonix from making the rise from the ashes countdown. But I don't have him yet

3* Thanos (my observation is from his pvp)
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    In my experience there are A LOT of exceptions to Phoenix triggering From the Ashes
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    My Phoenix died while stunned the other day and From the Ashes was not triggered (there were free red tiles on the board) so it just seems like they managed to break the power again. This power actually seems to get broken and fixed and re-broken and re-fixed every other patch. I think it's probably only a matter of time until they change it completely like they did with Moonstone's black.
  • XandorXerxes
    XandorXerxes Posts: 340 Mover and Shaker
    My Phoenix died while stunned the other day and From the Ashes was not triggered (there were free red tiles on the board) so it just seems like they managed to break the power again. This power actually seems to get broken and fixed and re-broken and re-fixed every other patch. I think it's probably only a matter of time until they change it completely like they did with Moonstone's black.

Can confirm, I was surprised when an enemy phoenix tile didn't spawn when I killed her while she was stunned.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Working as (not) intended?
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    I used Thanos with 5* Hulk while he was transformed. Court Deaths passive killed Hulk but he didn't change back to Bruce Banner.
  • SummerGlau
    Wasn't there something about passives not triggering passives?
    From the Ashes is a passive, as is Hulk changing back to Banner
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Passive abilities that trigger on the activation of another ability (Carnage's for example) don't trigger on activation of passives. However From the Ashes doesn't get triggered from another ability, but by Phoenix being downed, so it should not matter how Phoenix gets downed.
  • sinnerjfl
    sinnerjfl Posts: 1,275 Chairperson of the Boards
    Can confirm, 3* Thanos killed Phoenix with "Court Death", she did not get to lay down her ressurect tile (wasnt the end of the match, still one enemy alive)

That just doesnt seem right.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    sinnerjfl wrote:
    Can confirm, 3* Thanos killed Phoenix with "Court Death", she did not get to lay down her ressurect tile (wasnt the end of the match, still one enemy alive)

That just doesnt seem right.

Gives 3* Thanos a niche use. I like it, hope they keep it that way.
  • SummerGlau
    Passive abilities that trigger on the activation of another ability (Carnage's for example) don't trigger on activation of passives. However From the Ashes doesn't get triggered from another ability, but by Phoenix being downed, so it should not matter how Phoenix gets downed.

But apparently it does
    was merely providing a possible explanation not saying it was "right" only "correct"
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Man this is really unfortunate, it should not matter how she dies, she should always place the countdown. Just abilities like 5 Thanos purple should block placing the countdown, but never how she dies.

And preventing the Hulk transformation is even more unfortunate!! Banner is the normal state, Hulk should ALWAYS go back to Banner.

This 'passives dont trigger other passives' is breaking a lot of abilities :S

PS: This makes 5 Thanos even more powerful