[Suggestion] : Team affiliation DDQ node

Histamiel
Histamiel Posts: 166 Tile Toppler
With over 110 characters in the game, I think it could be interesting to implement a new DDQ node based on the affiliation of the characters. It was kind of already implement wit Crash of the Mad Titan.
This node will be a survival node where you have to face goons and characters that are linked to the specific affiliation. For example, in a FF4 survival node the enemies will be doombots, Dr. Doom and possibly Silver Surfer (he was at first a foe of the FF4) and your roster will be limited to FF4 and affiliates as Spidey and She-Hulk.
The survival node will be against 21 foes in 7 waves of 3. The difficulty of each wave increase base on the average level of the affiliation roster of the player. The first wave contains low-level foes and there is an increment in their level for each new wave. For each wave, you will accumulate some points. The node is playable once every 12 hours and will be locked until the next reset if completed. On a second run, you don't get points for wave previously beaten.
The rewards will be linked to the affiliation for the possible covers. With the FF4, you may get covers for the 4 core members and their affiliates. The rarity of the cover available as rewards will depend on the SCL of the player. Other rewards could be iso and tokens. Bonus iso can be awarded for quick completion of the survival node.
The player team is composed by 4 characters, 3 for starters and one reserve. As soon a hero dies, the reserve takes his place.

P.S. : Can the mods leave this subject please for a few days in general discussion. So I can have the feedback of the community on this idea. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm hoping that Clash of the Mad Titan was really a Beta test for a full replacement of DDQ in the future. If so I think it would be great for the game and the sooner the better!
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    I like the idea, generally. It could be be a survival node, or not. It could be a boss node like CotMT, or something new.

Whatever it is, it should allow players to 1) strategically chose from a group of characters and 2) bring TUs. Those are pretty fundamental aspects of the game that are lacking in the current 4* DDQ.

I'm going to get flamed for saying this, but they should also include the bosses from Boss Rush to add even more worthy opponents. As the OP says, it should run daily.

I'd also really like them to solidify team affiliations. It's a bit spotty at the moment, but I like the flavor and I hope to see more functionality built around it.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    you got me with “survival“.