Passive power order of events

matthatter
matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Ok just a bit confused on this. I just finished a match against 3 star Thor, Strange, and Cpt Marvel using Charlie's Angels. I launched deceptive tactics creating 3 match 5s. I made sure the doc was my target and confident i was that the professor would kill him with his master plan but lo! One master plan, cascade, then what? Flames!?!? Widow - fried. Then the other 2 master plans fired off and finishing them off.

Frustrating, there goes a health pack... Unless i switch to another team of course.

Comments

• TheWerebison
    TheWerebison Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    It does appear that, if you use an ability to trigger more than 1 instance of Prof's head beam, anything after the 1st one will take place at the END of the result of using that ability. UNLESS the cascades created by the board shake you created result in another 5-match. That one WILL happen immediately upon that 5-match being done.

At least, from what I've witnessed.
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    So far I had no problems with thanos black: if I I kill one opponent, black triggers and then 2nd one dies - it won't trigger for 2nd one. If I use aoe with other char and kill two out of three opponents - thanos black will trigger two times. If two opponents on low health dies from cascade, his passive will proc twice. If his passive should proc twice but first proc kills last opponent then 2nd proc won't happen. At least so far game was consistent with what I've wrote.
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Bulls wrote:
    So far I had no problems with thanos black: if I I kill one opponent, black triggers and then 2nd one dies - it won't trigger for 2nd one. If I use aoe with other char and kill two out of three opponents - thanos black will trigger two times. If two opponents on low health dies from cascade, his passive will proc twice. If his passive should proc twice but first proc kills last opponent then 2nd proc won't happen. At least so far game was consistent with what I've wrote.

Short version: Court Death can't trigger itself, but will otherwise go off for every enemy killed.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 394 Mover and Shaker
    What happens when you have Thanos on your team and your Bullseye kills someone? Do you get the strike tiles and then Court Death for more damage? Do the strike tiles effect Court Death, and if so, both sides or just the enemy side?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    These situations are generally pretty rare. You shouldn't depend on them occurring a certain way. You should in general assume that the worst version of that situation will occur.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    What happens when you have Thanos on your team and your Bullseye kills someone? Do you get the strike tiles and then Court Death for more damage? Do the strike tiles effect Court Death, and if so, both sides or just the enemy side?
    They do for me, but you should test yourself.