How high is planned release rate?

Options
Renaldoo
Renaldoo Posts: 114
edited April 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I feel like we're about at one new 3-star character a week. How high is it planned to go over the course of the next few months? This rate is a bit grueling. One might be tempted to say, "well then sit out the next event." However, the new heroes are always required for near-future events, so choosing to sit out one event is actually choosing to sit out several. New content is nice and all, but it's hard to feel like I'm actually making any progress with the influx of new characters being so high. Personally, this is hurting my fun, and I feel that it is unlikely that I am the sole person who feels this way.

Comments

• HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    IceIX has stated that the Gold Triumvirate and Human Torch are a batch release. Thus, it seems very unlikely that 3* characters after Dakenator will be released at anything near this frequency.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Dakenator, I like it.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I only cleared each mission once or twice during the Hulk event for Gold Thor, ignored Heroic Juggernaut until I realised late during the 2nd run that I could actually get a cover without much effort. I did however, spend that time focusing more on PvP and collecting ISO to spend at the start of the next event. When Simulator started, I was able to finish maxing Ares and OBW and I was able to end up with 3 Cap covers. (FWIW, my covers for the rotating buff for that event were Psylocke 1/0/1, Black Panther 3/3/3, Doctor Doom 2/0, Thor 0/0/1)

Point of my story is: It's certainly possible to "sit out" of an event and still play catch up pretty quickly. (Never sit out entirely - if nothing else you should at least pay some lip service and pick up some reward rather than no reward.)