The most accurate review I've seen

Comments

• notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    I stopped watching out of fear almost immediately. I don't know if I can sleep tonight with the lights off.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    "Why this is the most repetitive, unbalanced and horrible game ever"
    Welp, didn't last 30 seconds without dipping into hyperbole.

Balaclava mask on as a dumb gimmick. Horrible camera. Horrible mic...yeah, I'm done.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Meh. I have a bit of a pet peeve against way too much hyperbole over legitimate problems. By doing that, it makes it easy for the powers that be to dismiss complaints outright as insane, rather than address what grains of truth might be there.

Yes, buying specific covers with CP is way too expensive. But, if you're only averaging two CP a day, then they can say that's your problem for not getting progression rewards and ignore that they are still too expensive.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    Your review was completely unfair when talking about the rates CP and other resources are earned, op, but you are bang on the money about costs of those resources and you make it sound like covers from 1-4* are really tough to earn which just isn't the case. Covers aren't the bottleneck. ISO and roster slots are the trouble. You can easily earn over 10k iso a day and dozens of cp per week. Two a day is a **** number. I've made 15 this weekend without even trying. The devs are listening and if your been playing the game for as long as you said you'd remember how utterly awful the I so earn rate used to be. When you are disingenuous like that you take away from your very valid points of character oversaturation and lack of New content.
  • metallion
    metallion Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Gotta take into account this was recorded half a year ago though. I believe it was sometime in the later half of the year they dropped the progression rewards for PVP and PVE? Times have changed since then, at the time of recording the complaints about CP acquisition rate would probably be accurate especially if he's sick of the repetitive PVE events and just decide to skip them altogether like I do for non-new release events
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    snlf25 wrote:
    Your review was completely unfair when talking about the rates CP and other resources are earned, op, but you are bang on the money about costs of those resources and you make it sound like covers from 1-4* are really tough to earn which just isn't the case. Covers aren't the bottleneck. ISO and roster slots are the trouble. You can easily earn over 10k iso a day and dozens of cp per week. Two a day is a **** number. I've made 15 this weekend without even trying. The devs are listening and if your been playing the game for as long as you said you'd remember how utterly awful the I so earn rate used to be. When you are disingenuous like that you take away from your very valid points of character oversaturation and lack of New content.

Thats a good one.

4 star covers are hard to earn for the majority of the players base, which is larger than the people you see on the forums. icon_lol.gif
  • WizarDru
    WizarDru Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    I suppose he means well, but the video really needs better editing. The out-of-focus angled shots early in the video are distracting. As to the actual content, while he gets leeway for being six months out of date, some of his complaints had answers then, let alone now. That he doesn't mention anything about alliances, for example, or any of the special events (which had already appeared multiple times by that point) causes me to doubt some of his criticisms. That he has 400K ISO back then and nothing to spend seems odd, as I spent a LOT of time with far too little ISO, prior to more recent changes...especially once the champion system was added. His failure to mention anything about the fact that some characters get boosted with each event is another one.

He has some valid criticisms, but he also fails to actually list some legitimate issues that I'd had over the last couple of years. The claim that the devs never listen seems like sour grapes more than anything else, since the changes I've seen over time seem to be direct responses to actual feedback from the player base. I do think he's a tad confused about the money aspect of the game, though: if it were truly pay to win, then cover distribution would be non-random and people who dropped a ton of cash upfront would be guaranteed to win every time. He's entitled to his opinion, but he's not terribly convincing, IMHO.