PvP sucks stories

therightwaye
therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
You're at 899 and unshield to get that last point and mid battle your child starts crying and ten minuttes later you're under 700.

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    The truely dedicated can play PvP AND babysit.

My problem in the game is usually needing to do a quick PvP match to hit 900 and then getting a board full of every colour I don't need. So what could be a 1 minute battle takes 5 or more.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's not forget breaking your shield for a quick match to reach 900 and "Marvel Puzzle Quest has stopped working".
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was doing my last fight to get to 1200 just now and when the fight was over I ended up at 999. And I was hit 4 more times after I shielded at that number.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Let's not forget breaking your shield for a quick match to reach 900 and "Marvel Puzzle Quest has stopped working".

OMG this.
    Starting a match, seeing an awesome board with a 5 to start you off...no abilities showing up. Oh....it's crashed.
  • ammenell
    ammenell Posts: 817 Critical Contributor
    i want to watch you shield hop while changing a diaper while the baby doesn't want you to
  • Figure15
    Figure15 Posts: 284 Mover and Shaker
    Shielding above 900 and getting knocked back down due to delayed reaction. At least I got the 4 star.
  • Rod5
    Rod5 Posts: 587 Critical Contributor
    Data push when you've left a team out that is defensively very average.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moon Roach wrote:
    It never crashes on a **** board, only when the starting tiles look promising (like say an Green Match 5 with X-23 and Daken on my team)
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Wiped to a steak yesterday and lost 3 matches while doing so. -160 "hop" ffs
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    You're at 899 and unshield to get that last point and mid battle your child starts crying and ten minuttes later you're under 700.

But do you REALLY need to care for your child? I mean, how much lifelong psychological damage can you possibly do? icon_e_wink.gif

(to be clear, this is sarcasm!)
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Last hop from 800 to 900 in Webslinger yesterday. I found someone for 70 points with a Punisher Max and I was running Punisher Max, IM40, Spider Man. There was still 14 hours to go so not a lot of pressure. I figured he was probably doing a hop as well so I fought two other matches to give him time to shield. I was at 860 after two matches then loaded up boosts and hit him. AI Cascades right and left and blows my team away even though I started with a ton of AP and it started with nothing. Now I'm at 853 points.

One more match puts me back at 881. Only need 19 points for my Iceman cover now. A match of all 3* heroes pops up for 22 points. Fight it, win quickly. I'm at 898 points. Sigh.....

Find one more match. It's worth 33 points if I remember right. Champed Xforce Wolverine on it, but no big deal for Punisher Max. Fight it, win. Yay, I'm done. Oh wait. I'm at 853 points. Somebody just started their climb from 100 and shredded my score.

At that point instead of smashing my phone into little pieces I put up a 3 hour shield. Apparently Punisher Max is good because when I peek at my phone in 10 minutes I've been attached 3 more times but I have 2 defensive victories and I'm at 874 now.

I came back 2 hours later and fought a match to go over 900 then shielded out the rest of the event because that was all of the Versus mode I could endure for the day. I still believe that they need a complete overhaul of the system and they need to come up with a Versus mode that encourages you to play instead of rewarding you for spending time not playing.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    ammenell wrote:
    i want to watch you shield hop while changing a diaper while the baby doesn't want you to

To be honest, isn't that why we have spouces? So we don't have to deal with that nonsense?
    Also being sarcastic.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Moon Roach wrote:
    "OK, just hit 1200, gonna bake something off this random 4 pt 3* team I found....." -70
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    ammenell wrote:

My phone is no where near the baby when diaper changing is happening.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've learned that in S4 near 1200, my lv 420 oml / lv 405 ph team is considered to be a cupcake team, based on how many snipes I got while doing a two-match hop (I know, I know I know, I shouldn't have done that). I was expecting a few snipes after shielding, but I got -200 points before shielding and would have probably lost another 300 to 400 points after shielding.

So, the good news is that ccs still exist! Basically anyone who doesn't have double-champed 5*s.

I get that d3 wants to limit how many people hit 1200, and in the days of actual CCs, you had more than 100 people per pvp hitting max prog, which was maybe too much. But nowadays, it's generally only around 10-20 people per pvp, which is very little. But I guess that's what they want.
  • Alfje17
    Alfje17 Posts: 3,761 Chairperson of the Boards
    You start your first LR fight and of course, the daily MPQ crash happens right then. You restart and you get an update screen telling you "Game ready to launch in 8 minutes".
    Of course, by the time the game starts, there are no more seed nodes.

I've more or less given up on PvP, is this D3's way of telling me I should abandon the LR too?
  • TetsujinOni
    TetsujinOni Posts: 181 Tile Toppler
    mpqr7 wrote:
    I've learned that in S4 near 1200, my lv 420 oml / lv 405 ph team is considered to be a cupcake team, based on how many snipes I got while doing a two-match hop (I know, I know I know, I shouldn't have done that). I was expecting a few snipes after shielding, but I got -200 points before shielding and would have probably lost another 300 to 400 points after shielding.

So, the good news is that ccs still exist! Basically anyone who doesn't have double-champed 5*s.

I get that d3 wants to limit how many people hit 1200, and in the days of actual CCs, you had more than 100 people per pvp hitting max prog, which was maybe too much. But nowadays, it's generally only around 10-20 people per pvp, which is very little. But I guess that's what they want.

Max Prog for an entire alliance is 24K in the alliance.
    24K for an alliance is somewhere in T25.... let's call T25 1.2k average per player. That's 500 players, not 100, after the matchmaking nerf.

S4 had an influx of activity during the Spidey PvP that might explain it though - I was down to 1-match hops by the end trying to hit alliance mins.
  • Jabrony_Geoff
    Jabrony_Geoff Posts: 378 Mover and Shaker
    3* Thanos Sucks.
    Your alliance damage is unacceptable.
    Get a life and get out of mine.
  • Heartburn
    Heartburn Posts: 527
    3* Thanos Sucks.
    Your alliance damage is unacceptable.
    Get a life and get out of mine.

its like they dev team set up a joke, pfff* make it so everyone can grab a 3* Thanos black, they will thanks us for it, but then wait until thanos PVP drops everyone added it and it is on the loner, lolz health packs galore.