Help plan for PvP 900 in Webslinger event

Rick_OShay
Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I'm currently making the progression into the 4* world, having all 3*'s champed except Strange and Thanos (Doom finally in a few days).
My roster is updated, see link in the signature below.
For the next PvP event Webslinger, an Iceman green power is awarded at the 900 point level. I wanted to reach out to the informed player base on the best strategy to reach this goal.

Typically I can score in the 700's then I get crushed, even when using all the boosted 3* characters. I've read the tips on shielding and timing hops etc. Since I'm cheap, I rarely spend lots of HP to get further.
Looking at the boosted character list, the only 4* I may be able to use is XFWolverine. He is currently at level 146, 3/4/4. Is he worth leveling to around lvl 200? If so, what other 3* would you use from the boosted list? KK? IM40? He's likely a must when climbing. I recently took 4Cyke up to lvl 200 so he's a viable candidate as well. My Black Bolt and 5*IM could be used if needed.

I typically play CL7 or CL8, in slice 4 or 5 (with ending time of 12am ET, or 3am ET).
So, please chime in on how many shields I should plan to use, and at what point levels etc. Who to hop with, and what time frames / time-left works best. Thanks for the help and any suggestions!