Classic Legends

Vladdy
Vladdy Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
edited January 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
I hoarded about 4.2k cp now (don't really know why but it worked) but I pulled all Latest Legend tokens (I just can't hoard them).

I know there are many ways to spend cp. Most of them going for Latest Legends or new release 5* 10% tokens having Latest Legends tokens as backup. I am still interested in the Classic Legends like BSS, GG, IM46 and BB (now). Is anyone thinking that "they" will change something to the Classic Legends? Or will they keep polluting the pool?

What do you think?

token_legendary.pngtoken_legendary.pngtoken_legendary.pngtoken_legendary.pngtoken_legendary.png

Comments

• Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Something has to give. At current rates I'll literally never fully cover any of the classics before this game is shut down. I don't want 5* handed out, that wouldn't be great either, but never progressing is just as bad.
  • Vladdy
    Vladdy Posts: 130 Tile Toppler
    Something has to give. At current rates I'll literally never fully cover any of the classics before this game is shut down. I don't want 5* handed out, that wouldn't be great either, but never progressing is just as bad.

Indeed, that's exactly why I am asking for opinions. Maxing Classic Legends is really difficult now.
  • RemoDestroyer
    RemoDestroyer Posts: 277 Mover and Shaker
    Another thing that isn't fun is now there a 27 possible 5* covers to pull. I have 6 covers for non championed 5*s at 5 covers. In the last month i pulled 4 covers from those 6 that i were sold for iso. 1 red silver surfer for a 2/5/5 silver surfer and 1 black and 2 yellow for a 5/5/0 old man logan.

I have collected a total of 85 5* covers and still haven't championed my first 5*. Most of my 5*s are at an unusable 8 or less covers and the few with more are at less than optimal builds like my 5/3/4 Phoenix (i'll probably get another green Phoenix soon).

I'm on day 1162. Placed and scored well in pvp and pve and made some purchases to get extra command points. Now i'm getting left behind by others with fewer pulls but better luck. Very frustrating.
  • Pope Belligerent
    Pope Belligerent Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Since they introduced Elite tokens, I think a shift is in order: Standard give 1* and 2*, Elites give 2* and 3*, Heroics give 3* and 4*, Classic Legends give 4* and 5* and Newest Legends give only 5* with a slightly higher chance of giving the three newest 5*.
  • Kross
    Kross Posts: 92 Match Maker
    I think I have given up on the Classics. I saved my CP for a little while and spent 520 on Classic tokens last night. Out of those 26 pulls I got exactly one 5 star cover, a Green Goblin one.

While I also had 12 Latest Legends tokens and pulled 2 5 star BW covers from there.

So from now on it's Latest Legends only for me.
  • GurlBYE
    GurlBYE Posts: 1,218 Chairperson of the Boards
    Once they make more 5's they should divide them into factions to even the odds.

4's and 5's.

Like heros, villains, or X-men, Avenegers, A force, something honestly anything.

it can't remain as is, but as we've seen it likely will remain as is.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was thinking the same thing. I have a few of the classics at 11 covers, but it's just so rare to pull a particular 5*. They need to split the classics up to give people a chance to max the ones that you want.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    I have ran my numbers and also started to hoard until I can clean out the latest... I tend to believe something has to give, for as much as they promote roster diversity, classics are virtually unobtainable now at 1.7%... I suspect we'll see a third token, or a revolving featured vault. I have 10 OML covers, that could be hundreds of pulls to finish... for the same amount, given patience, I can max all 3 latest. I also think 5-stars will be SCL rewards, but that's unlikely to help anyone that needs them.

TLDR;
    3rd token; Classic - Newer - Latest
    Weekly featured vault ie. new releases
    SCL Rewards
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    My thoughts....

All of the tokens you get from champing 4*s should be for an exclusive vault of 5* characters, kind of like elite tokens.
  • RogueZeroOne
    RogueZeroOne Posts: 29 Just Dropped In
    I think something has to give. Players that started later (me, for example) are statistically very unlikely to collect any classic legends. My roster is pretty well developed. All 4* are almost fully covered and I have a fully covered Black Bolt and almost fully covered Strang5, but not a single OML or Phx cover. That will make it very hard to move past a certain point in PVP.
    I apologize if that sounds like whining.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    there should be classic sub's tokens, so you can choose which 3 classic 5*'s to choose from instead a classic that has all 5*'s that are not in latest tokens.
  • TimGunn
    TimGunn Posts: 257 Mover and Shaker
    there should be classic sub's tokens, so you can choose which 3 classic 5*'s to choose from instead a classic that has all 5*'s that are not in latest tokens.

got to think of it from the devs perspective. There needs to be an incentive for people to choose latest (expensive) over classic (cheaper). Currently incentive for latest is (i) newest shiny toy and (ii) individual five-* chars in classic are extremely diluted.

Your solution would remove the second incentive, leaving only the first. However, the first is not a real incentive for a lot of the player base. A lot of players are chasing any five star--doesn't need to be the newest. OML would be fine!!! lol

I see two solutions:

Option A: do as you said, multiple tiers of LT options, each with only three 5-* chars, but each tier costs 25 CP. And one LT option at 20 CP with all the 5-*s. And maybe even an option for 30 CP where only one 5-* is possible pull (like the purple reign token)

Option B: Make three LT options. First-same as current latest legends, Second-option with 5 of the older 5-*s for 20 CP and Third-option with the other 5 of the older 5-*s for 20 CP. This would alleviate some of the dilution, but not bring it to parity with latest legends option.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,758 Chairperson of the Boards
    Here is the solution. Make one LT and the other a 5* token. The LT will be 20 CP to pull with a 15% chance at a 5* token. This will mean all the 5* will be on one spot and a garunteed 5*.

The 5* token would then cost 140 CP for one pull. So 7 4* or one garunteed 5*. The way I can up with this number is if you make 7 pulls 15% will give you 1 Legendary so the cost is even. All 5* will be in it.

3rd make all 5* colorless, or exchangeable if you have 5 in one color. This is something that should be going on now but D3 has an extremly un-customer friendly policy of only exchanging for Latest 5*. They should do it for all 5*!!

This is the simplest solution as players who only want 5* can pull them instead of pulling 4* for either champ rewards or sold for ISO because they don't have enough ISO to cover all the 4* at once.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think something has to give. Players that started later (me, for example) are statistically very unlikely to collect any classic legends. My roster is pretty well developed. All 4* are almost fully covered and I have a fully covered Black Bolt and almost fully covered Strang5, but not a single OML or Phx cover. That will make it very hard to move past a certain point in PVP.
    I apologize if that sounds like whining.

Actually, I was curious as to what the new, more dedicated players' experience was - thank you for giving your perspective.

If all 5*s were equal, it probably wouldn't make a difference, but since that's definitely not the case they really should give us a bit more ability to choose what we want otherwise the newer players are pretty much screwed. I think the general intention to the pools is that you're supposed to draw from latest until you are close to completing a 5*, then draw from classics to get an all around improvement. Trouble is, a complete 5* Cap doesn't matter compared to a complete OML...