Requesting Team ups!

Oldboy
Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
Personally not a fan of team ups until i get into a jam and i start looking at what the game has randomly selected for me icon_e_biggrin.gif

"Oh ****! Sniper cd tile down to 1! What do i have that can disrupt that?"

"Uh oh. Rags gonna get 14 green. Do i have an AP steal somewhere?"

Usually i ask for 2* widow for her AP steal and her Anti-gravity as well as Loki's Illusion. Bullseye's Deadly Precision is also a good one to have. I find they get me out of a bad situation quite often. Some of my alliance members prefer nukes.

I was just wondering what preferences players out there have when they ask/receive Team Ups? And did i miss any out? I know there are overlaps with abilities but generally what are you looking out for mainly when you ask for TUs?
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    1* Black Widow blue.
  • revskip
    revskip Posts: 1,005 Chairperson of the Boards
    I use team ups a fair amount, primarily for PVP but sometimes also for PVE and always for boss events. My favorites are Luke Cage since you always get his yellow which is a decent nuke, Teen Jean since you always get a decent AOE and 1* Widow since most people who have her have her with just 5 covers in blue so you get that delightful stun.

For boss events I usually request Ghost Rider and throw away everything but Penace Stare, 3* Punisher and throw away everything but Retribution and 3* Deadpool and throw away everything but Whales.

Other really useful ones depending on the team I am using are:

Ares for Onslaught when I have a team that doesn't have a green user. At 30 green AP this can usually end a match.

2* Storm for Wind Storm, nice stun plus a small AOE.

3* Black Widow Deceptive Tactics to create some green matches.

Iron Fist for some black AP generation.

3* Cyclops for the yellow power to create Red tiles or alternately if I am using 3clops then 2* Capt. Marvel to add team ups to the board.

Loki is awesome too, Illusions is great for board shake and Trickery can help deal with strike or protect creators.
  • cletus1985
    cletus1985 Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Most people claim they don't use TU's, but in a pickle they sure are nice to have. So many can save you from absolute disaster and since you're bound to collect TU tiles whether you want to or not you might as well have some useful ones on hand.

Stuns - MBW easily the best bargain available, Storm a great 2nd. Honorable mentions: Cap (AP return could be vital), Thoress, Switch.

OHKO - Retribution, Whales, Penance Stare top of the class. Cage, Fury (Demolition), Surgical Strike, Magnetized Projectiles, probably missing quite a few here (there's some good options)

Board Shake - Loki and Juggs own the field. However 3* Mags Red, XFW Green + Black, and Storm Green (all 3 variants) do this pretty well too.

AP Steal/Gain - OBW wins. Also GSBW, IF, Cyclops, 2/3 Thor, KK, Shulk, Blade, Iceman and Kingpin all come in handy.

Tile Stealers (Who hates OML?) - Elektra, Shulk, Moonstone, Loki.

AOE's - Jean Grey (also useful for special tile destruction), Iceman, Rhulk, KK, Thor, Black Panther, 3DP (whales), Carnage, and once again probably more I'm missing.

*Sidenote: I've left 5* off the list since they aren't a reliable source of TU's for a lot of alliances. Also this was a quick list, I'm sure I'm missing both abilities to use and users of abilities posted. Hopefully this helps some though.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    cletus1985 wrote:
    Most people claim they don't use TU's, but in a pickle they sure are nice to have. So many can save you from absolute disaster and since you're bound to collect TU tiles whether you want to or not you might as well have some useful ones on hand.

Stuns - MBW easily the best bargain available, Storm a great 2nd. Honorable mentions: Cap (AP return could be vital), Thoress, Switch.

OHKO - Retribution, Whales, Penance Stare top of the class. Cage, Fury (Demolition), Surgical Strike, Magnetized Projectiles, probably missing quite a few here (there's some good options)

Board Shake - Loki and Juggs own the field. However 3* Mags Red, XFW Green + Black, and Storm Green (all 3 variants) do this pretty well too.

AP Steal/Gain - OBW wins. Also GSBW, IF, Cyclops, 2/3 Thor, KK, Shulk, Blade, Iceman and Kingpin all come in handy.

Tile Stealers (Who hates OML?) - Elektra, Shulk, Moonstone, Loki.

AOE's - Jean Grey (also useful for special tile destruction), Iceman, Rhulk, KK, Thor, Black Panther, 3DP (whales), Carnage, and once again probably more I'm missing.

*Sidenote: I've left 5* off the list since they aren't a reliable source of TU's for a lot of alliances. Also this was a quick list, I'm sure I'm missing both abilities to use and users of abilities posted. Hopefully this helps some though.

In the OHKO category, a high level Repulsor Punch outclasses all of those except maybe a high level Penance Stare (PS can be better for bosses, RP is better for normal matches).
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't request specific team ups because I use them as a 'oh **** i'm in trouble what do I have' random bacon-from-the-fire-puller.

Like the level 360-something KK green teamup I randomly had in my stash in PVP earlier tonight. How does that even happen anymore? Does the weekly boost adhere to the teamups even though the scaling of teamups got nerfed a while ago?
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't use Team-Ups much so I prefer stuff I don't use much myself (such as Iceman, whom I have only Purple for)
    I have two high level Maggia Pawns team-ups that I've never used...really should
    I've only requested team-ups twice in the last 90 days...once unintentionally
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    I always ask for the boosted 4*s of the week.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    DFiPL wrote:
    I don't request specific team ups because I use them as a 'oh tinykitty i'm in trouble what do I have' random bacon-from-the-fire-puller.

Like the level 360-something KK green teamup I randomly had in my stash in PVP earlier tonight. How does that even happen anymore? Does the weekly boost adhere to the teamups even though the scaling of teamups got nerfed a while ago?
    Team-Ups are boosted (or not boosted) as if the character was actually on your team at that time
  • dudethtsawesome
    dudethtsawesome Posts: 165 Tile Toppler
    I've only requested team-ups twice in the last 90 days...once unintentionally

You should if for only the fact that you'll help your alliance mates gain Xp. if you're not worried about using them, then have your teammate send you whatever they want, like all 5*s even if they just have 1 cover.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited December 2016
    I have no preference, j just want my alliance to gain some XP so typically the 8HR 3 stars is what's passed around the most: Rogers, DD, Beast, Mystique, Bullseye, Iron-fisted, Spidey and Blade. We just delete the ones we don't want and request again.

Edit: I don't know why spell check changed Ironfist to Iron fisted but I'll leave it there lol
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't tend to plan around team-ups for matches except for specific cases. But the one I do request specifically at times is 3* Deadpool; if I'm doing a shield hop where speed is really a factor, being able to pull out a Whales with Deadpool Points can be faster than fighting through characters normally.

When I am giving out Team-Ups and there are not specific requests, I tend to mix boosted 4*s and strong 3*s.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have no preference, j just want my alliance to gain some XP so typically the 8HR 3 stars is what's passed around the most: Rogers, DD, Beast, Mystique, Bullseye, Iron-fisted, Spidey and Blade. We just delete the ones we don't want and request again.
    I tend to do this with the 12 hour fourstars...
  • evade420
    evade420 Posts: 440 Mover and Shaker
    Always ask for 3pool whales and ghost rider for penance stare.
    Currently have 8-10 of each very helpful in boss fights or when taking on a 5* champ team during shield hop
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    I tend to do this with the 12 hour fourstars...

Who are the 12 hr 4*s? It's only 5 xp less per day, perhaps I'll recommend this if it's useful 4*s

• Who are the 12 hr 4*s? It's only 5 xp less per day, perhaps I'll recommend this if it's useful 4*s

champed 4cyc is the best teamup imo. ships only called shot and is 12 hr recharge. cant get enough of these.
  • xellessanova
    xellessanova Posts: 183 Tile Toppler
    viewtopic.php?f=6&t=28918

4-star 12-hr includes

Cyclops
    Carnage
    IW
    Elektra
    Blade

My personal favorites are 4Cyclops Called Shot, Iron Fist of KL, Widow's Sting, and Gamma Siphon in that order.

Boosted 4s are good stuff (see Iceman green and Peggy red this week) but I prefer the accelerants for Red, Black, and Green to enable my actual team.

Repulsor Punch is a bad TU unless your team has no active Red user at all, because you have to manage too many colors and it takes too long to get the AP. Consider Peggy or Surfer for a 7/9 TU AP punch that does 10k plus.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    MBW more than anything. I also like to have a Whales, Penance Stare, and Automotive Artillery on hand. And I like Howard's blue as well, and GSBW's Deceptive Tactics is pretty nice too - especially now that I am using Bolt and can actually use the green AP.

Other than that it's usually boosted champed 4*s since they come in at level 479 and just do crazy amounts of damage.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    I just ask for whatever gives the giver the most XP. So I typically get 5*s and work with em.
  • Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    Who are the 12 hr 4*s? It's only 5 xp less per day, perhaps I'll recommend this if it's useful 4*s

Also: Blade, Agent Venom & Devil Dino
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    My primary reason for asking for team-ups is so my alliance members can earn XP. That being said, there are certain team-ups I love receiving (like 3-star Deadpool) and ones that I just delete (Hulk's red).