Duplicate Warning System

Kirinknight
Kirinknight Posts: 26 Just Dropped In
Received a yellow invisible woman cover and as it said "train" next to it, I pressed it. However, system did not notify me that I already had a fully covered Invisible Woman waiting to be champed. Usually the system warns me when there are multiple slots of a character, but in this case it did not. Annoyed because it automatically applied the cover to a 2nd IW in roster and I was able to champ the original one just hours later.

Asked CS for help but received the following:

"If a duplicate character is already recruited when you tap on train, there will be no warning prompt. The warning prompt only comes if you have yet to recruit a duplicate."

I feel like this is simply not true and the system normally warns me but have I gone crazy?

Comments

• Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Why would it warn you when you apply a cover to a character in your roster? Why would the system know that you wanted that dupe to stay at 1 cover?
  • Kirinknight
    Why not? The system already does this and I have seen it several times where it asks me which of the duplicate characters to apply the cover to. Has nobody else seen this pop up before?
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    I can't recall seeing what you're describing, but maybe it could be a side effect of them removing the okay button when respecing champions.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I recall seeing something like this only if both duplicates had room to add that cover. If in the OP case, his maxxed/higher level IW had 5 yellow covers already, it would not prompt the system to ask which character to add/train the new cover to bc its choice is limited to the one that has room to add it. Those of us who had dupes for teamup purposes way back, farm 2*s with maxxed champed dupes or maintain dupe 5*s bc we don't want to 'waste' covers may have run into this "dupe warning system"
  • nigelregal
    nigelregal Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
    What happened was a bug or mistake. I do this all the time and when I press train it asks me if I want to respec my character. The only way to roster it is to click a little star in the corner.

http://imgur.com/a/6HFDT

http://imgur.com/a/6DyM0

You will see the cover and when I press train below
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    It doesn't warn you if there is only one character who can train the skill. I often have two star dupes and if they both have a power at less than five the prompt comes up. If one of them has it at five and the other is lower it just trains them.
  • Kirinknight
    Hmm, must be because the higher one was full in yellow already that it auto-trained. Otherwise it does give you a choice of which character to apply the character which is nice. Seems this is the correct answer though versus the one CD gave which doesn't make any sense. Can't give you the choice warning if only one in total has been recruited.
  • WelcomeDeath
    WelcomeDeath Posts: 349 Mover and Shaker
    They should also warn you that you're about to roster a duplicate Invisible Woman in the first place. Unless you've got a million champs and roster spots and iso to burn, then why? Just....why?
  • Teskal
    Teskal Posts: 109 Tile Toppler
    I sadly added a 2nd 2* Thor by error. I really think it is good to warn if someone add an already existing character.

This issue happens only if you have one power on 5 and get for this power another cover and it is not a champion.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    They should also warn you that you're about to roster a duplicate Invisible Woman in the first place. Unless you've got a million champs and roster spots and iso to burn, then why? Just....why?

How did it take 8 responses for someone to question the sanity of a dupe IW?