Need a new system for classic 5* covers. 0.56% chance=joke!

ChrisRocksOK
ChrisRocksOK Posts: 21
We need a new system for people chasing classic 5* covers. The drop rate is now 1.67%. And you have no trade system for classic 5* covers. And the cost of a single cover is 720cp. And not all of us are millionaires.

I buy stark salaries. I have been pumping money into this game for years now, but I was a bit of a late starter, so have been playing catchup for the entirety of my MPQ experience.

Like many others, I have been trying to round out my 5* roster. I have spent probably the last 8 seasons trying to draw a single OML cover that I can use, with no luck, and only to watch the drop rates disappear into oblivion. The only time I have gotten a useable one, is when I complained to you in game, and you've given me a cover (once off) to buy my silence.

I'm still playing, but every season get more frustrated that there's less I can do to bridge the gap between myself and the people who have played for just months more than I.

Please give us a system where we can CHASE a few 5* covers that we desperately need. 720cp is a ridiculous amount for a single cover. That's months of collecting cp even when buying stark salaries. And if I were to save the 1440cp I need to complete my OML to 13 covers, that'd put me further behind... I could whale a couple of the newer 5*s, but that's not the point. I want to complete my nearly covered OML or BSS or Phoenix dammit!!!! I've spent so long collecting them and it just seems I'll never EVER get there. And isn't the point of this game to progress at some stage? EVER?

We've been waiting for a long time for something to change, to give non-front runners a way to compete, but if anything the system gets worse, and the situation becomes more hopeless. Please give us a solution, every day makes me think about quitting this game forever as what is the point when you never ever progress even when spending money?

Comments

• fra110873
    fra110873 Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Absolutely agree. You have explained very well the feeling of frustration given by the impossibility of being competitive completing at least some of the classical 5*.
    Then, when i saw roster with thanos 5* at the 499 level, I'm wondering how it is possible to collect 62 specific 5*covers in less than 1 month. ... statistically improbable . ...
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,580 Chairperson of the Boards
    They should introduce classic seasons or generations with each type of pack only having 3 5*s each, stuff would still be far too random for an endgame, but it would be far more reasonable than it is now with just negligible chances or extortionate charges.
  • fra110873 wrote:
    Absolutely agree. You have explained very well the feeling of frustration given by the impossibility of being competitive completing at least some of the classical 5*.
    Then, when i saw roster with thanos 5* at the 499 level, I'm wondering how it is possible to collect 62 specific 5*covers in less than 1 month. ... statistically improbable . ...

I've seen in line chat the results from saving 1400+cp and binge opening the new packs. That's how the front runners are getting their champed new release 5*s. I'm saving towards that.

But what's totally bonkers is that I could save up that much cp and whale a NEW release 5* or 3, but I have a 0.556% chance of getting a cover I need from the classic legends 5*s. And if I were to draw the wrong colour draw, they refuse to swap it over.

What the hell? System is broken. And where's the encouragement to keep playing? Pretty much zip. Most of the top level players in our top 15 alliance are "retiring", because of issues like this, and if it ain't fixed soon, I'm not far away from leaving too.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    In the past, if you were in a top alliance, you were guaranteed a specific 4* at the end of the season (when 4*s were the top tier).

Maybe now, your alliance should be guaranteed a specific 5* (preferably colorless, so it's not a dupe of a non-champed cover where you already have five of them), instead of just an LT (a chance at a 5*).

Or it could be at the end of the Shield SIM or Guantlet or maybe some other regular event.

Winning one 5* per month would be better than my current rate from CP and LT draws!!
  • Agree, keep in mind a LT is a 15% chance of the 3 LATEST 5*s only. Again, no chance of drawing any of the other 5*s.

No point in drawing new 5*s with the game's current pvp system if they're never able to be used.

I'm still waiting on a single blue BSS cover so I can try playing around with him. I'm getting really bored of grinding every pvp with exactly the same A team.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    I went nearly a full year between pulling bssm covers. Got one when he was first released (had to sell it at the time) and finally pulled my second one shortly after Christmas. Beyond ridiculous.
  • Here's some quotes for you developers from our alliance line chat. I've got screenshots too if you want them so you can see it's not just me:

-I've already had to sell two Iron Man covers. But gonna lie, everytime I do I find it harder to keep playing.

-But yes, that's the problem. My OML is basically dead. It's statistically impossible for me to get those covers. There's... ten characters in the old legends packs now? I already opened 2 red pheonix covers and had to sell them.

-Almost every senior person in Pax is retired, threatening to retire, complaining, or mentioning things that make them want to retire. i expect to own the Pax Empire by February.

-The problem is that the mega mega whales don't care, and so long as THEY don't quit, D3 won't care.

-I'm 35/156 (since 9/27) for usable 5* covers. 22% so I can't really complain about frequency. But the randomness and the frequent releases really kills any real hope of finishing one of my top 3. Especially IM (5/0/5). And I guarantee my next cover is a BB green

-I've lost my passion for progression. I'm happy to get 900 and then sign off each event. But even then if its not a 4* I need at the top... it's hard to find the motivation. If Pax shut down for some reason I'd quit this game the same day. Half the time I only play to help the alliance out

Well, at this rate, We're all going to stop playing. We're sick of it. Please give us a way to progress before we've totally lost interest.