Improbable Draw

Spidurman27
Spidurman27 Posts: 184 Tile Toppler
my last 7 pvp matches (starting webslinger) I have won the exact same 2* token every single match

Of course it's while I'm trying to re-build a champ and this isn't the color I need lol.

yellowflag.pngicon_ms_marvel.png

Comments

• Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    Two days ago I got 7 covers for star.pngstar.pngicon_captainamerica.png in a row: 6 times blueflag.png and then one yellowflag.png So very close to Your case. This whole "RNG" sucks. It's not that rare to get sveral same covers in a row. Quite often 3, but many times even more ...
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Couple days ago I pulled IW yellow 3 times in a row. She was at 5 already.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Your subject line pretty much says this already, but...

Not a bug. Just fairly improbable.
  • Philly79
    Philly79 Posts: 422 Mover and Shaker
    No, improbable draws are when you spend 1800+cp (prior to Black Bolt being moved to classics) and get 10 strange covers, 4 widows, and only 1 bolt....how about spending another 400cp on latest tokens (after bolt was moved) and pulling 3 stranges, 3 of the same cover for widow, and 1 thanos...or even to top it off, I have pulled enough strange covers that my champ is level 463 and I have a dupe at 12 covers (5/3/4, I pulled an extra yellow and added it too fast to the champ instead of to the dupe).

I know it may sound like I am complaining when I really shouldn't be but come on, 38 covers for strange and I pull 1 bolt? All while they had the same odds? I opened a ticket and was given a run down on how the odds and probability work but it still seems fishy....
  • Xzasxz
    Xzasxz Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    If for example, there is over 120 different star.pngstar.png covers, drawing 3 of them, what's the probability to get 3 same in a row? 1: 1 728 000. Quite low, but it happens quite often. Drawing 5, to get 5 same in a row? 1: 24 883 200 000 (If counting chances to get ISO or 1 star.png reward would be...?). Of course, it may happen. Anything that has > 0% chance can happen any moment to anybody. But what's the chance, that it will happen several times to the same person? How big should be a number of tries, that drawing several same covers in the row is reported by many players? If LT can give one of 150 different covers, what's the chance to get 4 exactly the same the same covers IN A ROW? Happened to me when I was drawing ca 100 of them.
    Just for the comparison: There is a LOTTO, kind of lottery in Poland. If You pick the right 6 numbers out of 49, u win lots of money. The chance is 1: 13 983 816 (compare it to the chance than to get 5 same covers in a row).
    Philly79 wrote:
    I opened a ticket and was given a run down on how the odds and probability work but it still seems fishy....

That's ****. We are not talking about that. We are talking about RNG in a computer game. As a matter of fact, it is not a RNG, but PRNG. I'm not going to get into the subject, just come to the conclusion. As so many low-probability situations, like described in this topic, happen, there is something wrong with the PRNG introduced to thew game.