Adjusting to pvp

Shmoe50
Shmoe50 Posts: 39 Just Dropped In
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
HI all. I am a mostly PvE player just starting to try PvP beyond beating the level 1 teams, getting the first 3 rewards and being done. I am mostly a 3* player starting to transition to 4* world. Most of my 3s are cramped but not maxed, and I have some playable 4s, but only Devil Dino is at 270. My Blade is decent, so I decided to try a PvP event that I would take me seriously. I entered the Blade event at scl 5 to avoid disheartening beat downs by the high 4* and 5* teams, which seemed work. My main issue was looking at teams where all opponents were at mid to high 200 level with a 300 or two, and not immediately passing as hopeless - remembering that with the buffs, I was at the high 200 and low 300 levels, myself, and could compete with those teams. Did anyone else have that problem when starting, or am I just a game-coward who needs to adjust my mindset to my roster, or both?

Comments

• MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Your chosen SCL level only affects your rewards. It does not have any impact on your opponents - that is determined by your roster strength. IOW, you would have seen the same list of opponents if you had chosen SCL7 or SCL8.

So the only thing you've done by choosing SCL5 for this event is reduced the potential rewards you might obtain (mostly just the placement rewards, though).

That being said - yes, those are the kind of teams you should expect to see. They should be fair matches for you, based on your roster. If you skip a few (1-20) times you might find some teams that are softer targets, yet provide enough points (30-50+) to be worth hitting.

Good luck out there!

EDIT - just to set your expectations; I am a mid-3* player with 20 champed 3s and no playable 4*s. I can hit 575 (10 CP) fairly reliably, but I will get hit down from there and keep somewhere between 350-450 points by event end. It's not worth shielding to keep points for me yet, as it ends up being a net HP loss. You should probably be able to hit 650-725 reliably, so aim for that but don't be surprised if it takes a couple of events to get the hang of it.

Also, I found this PvP event to be heavy on the health packs because of Blade's strike tiles. Others, not as much.