Future Survey Changes & Rant

sybercide
sybercide Posts: 32
Just took the latest survey. While I like being able to put in whatever character I'd like to see in MPQ, I think that a more streamlined approach would be better for YOU D3. Like last time, when Medusa was the winner, place a list of 5-6 characters you are already considering, let us vote, AND have a write-in option for future consideration. This way, you already have a "short list" and we just give you something to chew on for the next "short list".
As for the "alternate version" question. This absolutely needs to be given a comment box. Some of the characters have no alternates to even consider, while others have more than one alternate to consider. For instance: My choice was Thor. Now, when I chose that, I really had in mind Beta Ray Bill Thor. Not bearded Thor or Thunder frog Thor. Without allowing us to be specific to what alternate we're referring to, you may be missing out on a good choice. If I had chosen Hulk, would I mean Mr. Fixit Grey Hulk or Old Man Future Hulk, or any other odd ball Hulk that's appeared in the comics? For Antman, would his alternate be Giant Man, Yellow Jacket, or just Hank Pym and have mixed up powers? See how it can get difficult for your team to hone in on what is implied by the player's choices. So please consider this in the future. Choose what alternate hero, and then "explain" who or what type. You'll get much better feedback about what players REALLY want.
Personally, we don't have enough X-Men Universe variety, no Adam Warlock (given Thanos' intro, he should be a given), not much from Spiderman's rogues gallery (Rhino, Hobgoblin, Sandman, Kraven, Mysterio), Red Skull (Caps main baddy isn't here still?!) Also so many others that may be considered "fringe" like Alpha Flight heroes, Rom Space Knight, Squadron Supreme heroes, other Avengers like Hercules, Submariner, Wonderman, Starfox, etc etc . So the whole "alternate" thing is actually a bit stale if you cannot provide a truly different version, instead of just a star upgrade. Bring some variety! There's so much to work with! This game could live for a long time with more variety, and I sincerely hope it does.