Kmjakob Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
edited January 2017 in MPQ Character Discussion
Is he worth having i see his passiv skill dmg the other whit him also

Comments

• Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is he worth having? Yes.
    Is he worth using? Meh, unless you find some combo that makes him usable.

If you're struggling with roster space, just skip him for now.
  • Thanos
    Thanos Posts: 722 Critical Contributor
    Options
    You rang??
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,837 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Thanos wrote:
    You rang??

Did you receive a free 3* Thanos cover? A few times forum players are given cover of characters their forum/game name is associated with.
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Thanos wrote:
    You rang??

Did you receive a free 3* Thanos cover? A few times forum players are given cover of characters their forum/game name is associated with.

Damn, I knew I should have gone with ign; Dr_Old_Man_Phoenix
  • bbigler
    bbigler Posts: 2,115 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In one of my matches, I was using IM40 and Nick Fury. IM40 took a few hits, but later Fury's Demolition triggered twice and downed 2 enemies at once. Thanos' Court Death triggered twice and dealt 2700 damage to everyone else, which killed IM40. So, I'm not happy about that.

The 5* Court Death is better, but I don't see 3* Thanos being a good choice. His purple CD tile can prevent many powers, which is good, but Court Death will always trigger twice before a match ends, hurting your guys. Your only way around 3* Court Death is killing everyone at the same time or stunning/sending-airborne Thanos when you kill someone. Perhaps the best way to use him is by saving up your AP for AoE attacks that can kill everyone simultaneously, but is his purple power worth that much trouble?
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Court Death isn't so bad with a true healer, such as OML, Daken, X23, Mr. F, Cho etc. Or just some characters you never use anyway, so you don't care about them dying.

It's not so different from Carnage's Red.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't like 3* Thanos much. I like 5* Thanos quite a bit. At level 330, his green deals like 5300 damage, and his black is 1100 to allies and 3300 to opponents.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bbigler wrote:
    In one of my matches, I was using IM40 and Nick Fury. IM40 took a few hits, but later Fury's Demolition triggered twice and downed 2 enemies at once. Thanos' Court Death triggered twice and dealt 2700 damage to everyone else, which killed IM40. So, I'm not happy about that.

The 5* Court Death is better, but I don't see 3* Thanos being a good choice. His purple CD tile can prevent many powers, which is good, but Court Death will always trigger twice before a match ends, hurting your guys. Your only way around 3* Court Death is killing everyone at the same time or stunning/sending-airborne Thanos when you kill someone. Perhaps the best way to use him is by saving up your AP for AoE attacks that can kill everyone simultaneously, but is his purple power worth that much trouble?
    3 Star Thanos' Purple can't prevent anything it just gives a higher damage boost than 5's
  • Kmjakob
    Kmjakob Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I did get 3* and also 5* i dont have space for 5 * but soon i have
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mpqr7 wrote:
    Court Death isn't so bad with a true healer, such as OML, Daken, X23, Mr. F, Cho etc. Or just some characters you never use anyway, so you don't care about them dying.

It's not so different from Carnage's Red.

Crucial difference is that Carnage's red (at 5 covers) always does more dmg to the enemy team even if there is only one left, going up to more than double if all are still alive on both teams.
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    3* Thanos does kind of stink, but I imagine Court Death will make The Big Enchilada pretty fast, for the price of two downed allies. Down one enemy and you basically down the other two instantly. With a couple strikes out (maybe use Bullseye for the first round, or OML) you'll skate through rounds 2-4 in like a minute.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ErikPeter wrote:
    3* Thanos does kind of stink, but I imagine Court Death will make The Big Enchilada pretty fast, for the price of two downed allies. Down one enemy and you basically down the other two instantly. With a couple strikes out (maybe use Bullseye for the first round, or OML) you'll skate through rounds 2-4 in like a minute.

Even then why would you want to do that while killing your own team, there are plenty of options even within the ranks of 3*'s (let alone higher) that were as quick to clear a round as it would take Thanos to get that one kill he needed per round, particularly with active opponents that could match or destroy his green.
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ErikPeter wrote:

I've started doing that with 5* Thanos and 2 scrubs for weak node. I match a black for 1000 damage, KOs the opponent, Court Death wipes the rest of them, repeat until real threats.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    3* thanos is basically trash tier. He might be useful for clearing trivial nodes super fast, but only when paired with healers.

Otherwise there is no reason to use him when not essential. Always someone better for any given task.

5* thanos may be the new pvp king. Dropping a single opponent basically ends the match (14k aoe + stun!), so he can be very fast. And who cares about a little self damage when shield hopping?
  • Valdorian
    Options
    Anyone have any input regarding the best build for the 5* version? At first I was thinking 5/3/5 but the more I think about it, the more I can see 5/4/4 being the best option so that purple lasts for 4 turns.

Thoughts?
  • Kaazz
    Kaazz Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options
    "I want a character that kills his own teammates!" said no one. Ever.

3* Thanos is as bad and useless as Carnage. I never use them unless required. Stupid, stupid powers.

I appreciate that we are getting new 3* characters, but why make them unplayable?? icon_eek.gif
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Kaazz wrote:
    "I want a character that kills his own teammates!" said no one. Ever.

3* Thanos is as bad and useless as Carnage. I never use them unless required. Stupid, stupid powers.

I appreciate that we are getting new 3* characters, but why make them unplayable?? icon_eek.gif

what this guy said, awful awful design
  • Bulls
    Bulls Posts: 141 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Kaazz wrote:

You know nothing, John Snow.
    Only comparision between 3thanos and carnage is that both dmg their team, but Carnage is far from beeing useless. Just as example - spiderman pvp that's runing now: keep using loaner spidy, someone with true heal and boosted carnage - fastest and most enjoyable pvp fights.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Or bring Thanos along into that PvP with loaner Spidey. Speeds things along in a slow match, and yes a true healer is smart (Daken, Patch, XFW, XFDP, X23, R&G, etc).
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Can anyone tell me when the 3*Thanos will be available in the standard, heroic and elite recruitment areas?