Stressless Holidays

Punisher5784
Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I know Polares already wrote an awesome thank you post but for those that might remember how I spent my Holidays last year, it was a horrible grind-fest for a freaking Venom cover.. what a mistake that was (https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=37265&hilit=love+story).

I don't have any funny/interesting Punisher story this time because this year was was simply Galactus, which I found to be much less demanding than a normal PVE. Plus I also felt the devs made the rewards specifically for me.. 4* Punisher covers!! I missed his release during retirement so this brought a smile to my face. My alliance did an awesome job crushing Galactus.. I woke up Saturday morning to see Round 8 over. I was able to just enjoy my Holiday weekend without any worry of missing rewards or losing placement.. hopefully we can see this occur again for the Holidays. Better yet have a Holiday themed Gauntlet! I expect a New Years celebration at the end of finishing the last node in Gauntlet (Devil Dino dance!) icon_lol.gif

Overall I am happy and I want to thank the devs for not re-running Boss Rush or having Thanos' new release with a standard PVE for the Holidays!

Now onto the more pressing matters.. change Deadpool Daily Quest to Crash of the Mad Titan! Deadpool should retire and Thanos reign supreme.. meaning.. give us Crash of the Titans everyday! You have showed us it's possible and we..love..it! 2017.. make it happen! I am pretty sure Thanos eats tacos too! icon_e_biggrin.gif

Anyways, share your Holiday times with MPQ below or if you would like to see Crash everyday (we already know you do but the devs need to continue to see it!).

Take care fellow Match-makers!

Comments

• Bobbyeter
    Bobbyeter Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    This holiday has been pretty much all I could ask for (glitched Galactus nodes are my only complaint). Excellent Naughty or Nice Vault which had some covers I desperately needed (looking at you redflag.pngicon_redhulk.png and yellowflag.pngicon_kingpin.png )

The Crash of the Mad Titan was a ton of fun to play every morning, got a blackflag.png 5thanos on the last day, which added to the purpleflag.png one I received for the final progression rank in Galactus.

Plus all of the bonus iso allowed me to champ my first 4* icon_ghostrider.png .

Hoping to see the daily chance at a legendary token at least partially implemented into DDQ.
  • Punisher5784
    Hey, how 'bout DDQ for rank 65 and below, Mad Titan—with double iso!—for 65 and above?

Exactly.. it's time to put SCL on DDQ!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I liked it!! I managed to play enough to do enough.

I beat Galactus and my alliance did as well with over a day left, so I didn't play Galactus much the next day.. focused on life outside the game. Loved the mad thanos crashes. Lots of extra ISO and XP!
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    RNGsus blessed me with 5* luck in Purple Reign.

Opened 6 tokens, got 3 5* Thanos 50% of small sample icon_e_surprised.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
    I might be using him by 2018 icon_lol.gif
  • Punisher5784
    broll wrote:
    RNGsus blessed me with 5* luck in Purple Reign.

Opened 6 tokens, got 3 5* Thanos 50% of small sample icon_e_surprised.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
    I might be using him by 2018 icon_lol.gif

Awesome. Out of my 7 tokens I opened 1 purple Thanos.. His purple is very useful so I am fine with this
  • therightwaye
    therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
    Did everyone get a 5*Thanos purple cover? It's the only cover OF 5* Thanos anyone in my alliance got.
  • monsieurmojo
    monsieurmojo Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Agreed. These holiday events felt exactly like what the anniversary *should* have been.

And I would love to see Aes' suggestion implemented. In the 3* transition, DDQ is invaluable. Once you've championed all of your 3*, though, it begins to lose its usefulness and becomes something that feels like a chore. The Crash of the Mad Titan was anything but; it was fun and exciting to wake up every morning to a new Crash again.

Put in a SCL barrier to Mad Titan and run it daily. Showcase your new 5* opponent, get people excited about it. Players and d3 both could see the rewards from it.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did everyone get a 5*Thanos purple cover? It's the only cover OF 5* Thanos anyone in my alliance got.

I got 2 green and 1 purple.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I got a green.
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    These holidays were great. Galactus was a great boss IMO, to me he struck the perfect balance between a really good challenge and yet still fun to play. I love passive bosses, always nice when you don't have to worry about how you're going to deal with Lv 400+ match damage for your squishier folks. I didn't end up making the push for personal progression because I was having too much fun with the family for christmas festivities, but Galactus was definitely still beatable in Rd. 8. The scaling for side nodes didn't really jump too far past where it normally goes for PVE wise either. I was able to get my 4 star.pngicon_cyclops.png fully covered with the Naughty or Nice vault, which felt really good after the precious reds I've had to throw away with him sitting at 5/4/3. I REALLY wanted that blue Winter Soldier from the Crash vault, because I have 3Cap covers waiting on the Vine and they'll give me a WS cover I can't use, but I'll take what I can get as I start this 4 star.png transition.

As far as Crash goes, I wholeheartedly agree. It doesn't even have to be every day to make me happy, I'll be satisfied if they keep allowing us to have the option of using a specific 3 star.png character. I've hated having to dump ISO into poorly covered 4 star.png characters just for a shot at the LT. KK's day was pretty rough, but all in all Crashes should be possible with a champed 3.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah, the weekly crash really is an iso sink trying to get 4s able to beat it. I know I'll probably be raising my 5 cover Kate to try to beat it, but that iso would be put to much better use in champing several 4s I have maxed covered. The Thanos crash offers a better solution to attaining that weekly LT.
  • dsds
    dsds Posts: 526
    Hey, how 'bout DDQ for rank 65 and below, Mad Titan—with double iso!—for 65 and above?
    Please no. This is unfair and will just create a bigger gap. I am rank 72, but since this forum is full of rank 65 and above, I need to defend the small guys under 65.

We need to close the gap so that new players can compete competitively. The rank 65 and above, you got them hooked, they are suckers (haha I am one too) and will keep playing no matter what. The ones that will more likely quit are the lower ranked players, so throw them a bone so the game can continue to thrive.

I dreamed yesterday of a Marvel puzzle quest 2 and I was like NOOOO! For some reason the graphics were worse? icon_e_confused.gif
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kinda agree, while I would take any advantage that helps me, I can't help but see my GF that has the worst luck and can only pull 2 stars for everything and how it's really just put her off the game. She sees zero progression through rng and has had the effect of making her play less.
  • Mattjimf
    Mattjimf Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    My thanos 5* is 2/1/1 from 7 purple reign tokens, 4 from crash, 3 from cp.
  • like1tiger
    like1tiger Posts: 76 Match Maker
    I cleaned up on Thanos tokens, got all the tokens that were avaliable including luck vault pulls but didn't pull one 5 star Thanos.

I have been playing everything and have had a good time with double iso
    I champed Peggy Cater, Lady Thor and max Punisher so it was worth while I just wish the iso was double all the time haha.

Galactus was a cake walk Ghost Rider is an MVP and it was a nice way to take it easy. All in all a good holiday season.
  • likwid6
    likwid6 Posts: 27 Just Dropped In
    Definitely agreed. Overall more solid than last year's grind for Miles & Venom.
      Galactus was much better balanced than the first "you're supposed to lose" outing. My alliance actually completed all rounds of an event for the first time! (In previous events we always got stuck in the last round) Went 1/7 on Thano5, pulled a green cover from the Galactus round 8 PR token...fitting end to the event. 4*-wise: Decent pulls from Naughty & nice vault; PunMax covers from PVE were definitely appreciated. Only downside is that I have 2x 4*s on the vine: CHulk blue (sitting at 5/5/1) & X-23 green (now 8/2/2).

I'm getting to the point where classic tokens yield more duplicates than anything. This will lead into my 2017 resolution of hoarding 300 LL pulls!
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    My overall complaints are kinda nitpicky. Coulda done without the glitchy Galactus (which I think prevented me getting that 13th Punisher cover I needed, necessitating me buying it with CP).
    Also, I was really disappointed they didn't add a 4* cover to progression. I'd been waiting ages to get that 13th Ghost Rider cover and it would have been the progression reward in that PvE had it not been Galactus.

But these grumbles are petty compared to the awesome Double ISO, lots of opportunities to spend my hoarded up HP, fun events, improved boss scaling, improved boss event minion scaling, a fun PvP and just generally everything that went on.

I had said originally the only event they should run over Christmas is Gauntlet since that's a play-as-you-like style event that won't penalise anyone for taking time off to be with their families (aka, filthy casuals). But Galactus was a good second choice.