Good boss event scaling

broll
broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
This galactus run was the best boss event I've been a part of. I know there was a bug with unlocking and that's unfortunate. However, I mean more in terms of scaling. For me neither the side mission nor the boss scaling every went to crazytown. This is the first event I could actually play every node and wasn't annoyed I was stuck by Day 2/3. Please do more boss events like this!

Comments

• SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    i actually played in the last reset and i found the scaling reasonable as well
  • Azoth658
    Azoth658 Posts: 348 Mover and Shaker
    Agreed this was the best event for boss scaling and node scaling. Although would like rewards more than 8 times in later rounds at least I was up to 15 clears in round 7 and I already had progression done .

But minor gripe the rest of Galactus minus buy was great
  • pabasa130
    pabasa130 Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    Just echoing my agreement that scaling for Galactus has been fantastic.

I used champed 4* Cyclops, champed 4* Wolverine and 5* Black Widow (for her purple for rainbow to remove countdowns) exclusively for the boss node. Round 8 was challenging, and definitely my poor underlevelled BW took the brunt of it (health pack every fight), but it was fun, and not frustrating which is I think all players ask for. Only one time did this team fail, and it was primarily due to a bad board and not because I sucked.

D3 definitely learnt the lesson of Boss Rush, lewl.

If this difficulty was maintained, then I'm definitely looking forward to every single boss fight this point forward.

Edit: That surprise Venom need to be discussed.
  • Orion
    Orion Posts: 1,295 Chairperson of the Boards
    The side nodes never got out of control, but there's got to be a more gradual way to get to the max scaling, right? The side nodes went from level 33 to level 330 in 1 clear. Let's smooth it out next time, ok?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I agree, max level in the nodes was right this time.

If they manage to have a more gradual scaling, or make it dependent on the round and not the time, it would be even better.

This has been tha best boss battle experience I have ever had in this game (I have had no reset problems myself, even though some people in my alliance lost 2-3 fights with Galaktus).
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I too enjoyed it. It was long enough that the majority of people with reasonable rosters could either hit max prog or get close. And scaling never got too crazy. Good work!
  • Uthgarprime
    Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
    I do plenty of complaining on this board, I gotta say though they did it right this time.
  • Mr_Sinister
    Mr_Sinister Posts: 356 Mover and Shaker
    Having 2 4* boosted, GR and Cyclops, it felt pretty easy. The only loss I had was using banner/OML/Bolt all undercovered in round 6 messing around.