Battle tips are useless

Uthgarprime
Uthgarprime Posts: 202 Tile Toppler
Please update the battle tips, none of that helps me when the AI gets to auto cascade. How do I counter that? That would be a much better tip then the useless ones that are currently there. They are rather insulting really.
And how about fixing that stupid bug that crashes my game multiple times a day. I hope you are proud of that awesome feature in this game.

Comments

• Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    The cascade is something that you can't prepare for, there have been numerous times where I've cursed this game from enemy cascades. Numerous, numerous times. But there's been times where I've had a few lucky ones myself. You tend to notice the enemy cascades more as they trigger harsher emotions.

You haven't mentioned what level you're at or any real details. It's okay to come here and vent but you need to be a little more constructive with it. I can go weeks without any crashes but there are times where the game can crash once or twice a day over a short period. It sucks but it happens, it's just a game and the developer's are open to constructive feedback on matters.

If you're having issues then you should raise a ticket and report it, I don't know what platform you're playing this on but on the mobile version you can go to the settings and press the help button. In the top right there's a message icon with a plus sign next to it, press it and write your issues there. They'll look into it, if you give concise details with as much information on your issues it will help them to look into your problems and may help them to resolve future problems for other people. Also if they warrant that your problems are detrimental to your gameplay they may even compensate you with something in-game for your problems.

The cascades are purely down to luck. Last year I broke a phone because of a really bad one, since then I learned to chill out and take it on the chin. It's just a game and if it pisses you off to this extent then either take a break or quit playing. If you take a break and want to continue then find a way to be constructive instead of taking a passive-aggressive standpoint.

Just realised it's the 25th right now, hope you enjoy the holiday.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Levels don't matter when it comes to cascades. When the AI makes a match four or five, and the new tiles that come in make another match four or five, that's ****. It should never happen. At no time should a new column come in with more than 2 consecutive colors, or similarly, a row. Not even for the player.
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    If you can't handle bad cascades, then you're playing the wrong game.
  • Hyposphere6234
    Hyposphere6234 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
    zodiac339 wrote:
    Levels don't matter when it comes to cascades. When the AI makes a match four or five, and the new tiles that come in make another match four or five, that's ****. It should never happen. At no time should a new column come in with more than 2 consecutive colors, or similarly, a row. Not even for the player.

I had an enemy Ragnarok use his greenflag.png power which filled an entire column full of purpletile.png . I've also had a 3* icon_cyclops.png use his redflag.png power with a return of a full row of redtile.png . I've played this game almost two years and with the probably tens of thousands of matches played these two encounters have odd's of less than 0.0001% but they happened. Enemy cascades will always feel like ****. I could complain about **** cascades but at the same time I could talk about the cascades that have benefited me, have knocked out counter's which looked impossible to reach or have lead to firing off several powers that have turned a losing battle into an all-out victory.

Lately, we're having DPD and the very similar event Crash Of The Mad Titan happening at the same time, I used my usual team for the last event with the the Titan Enchilada (3* Cap/Kamala/Black Panther) and was getting wrecked at first but eventually won. I decided to use some fairly unpopular and not very used characters for the Enchilada and lost a total of 120 hit points. (Psylocke/Squirrel Girl/3* Spider-Man.)

I like the unpredictability of RNG, it can work out for you just as much as the enemy. It might work out better for you or it might work out better for them.

To quote Rick:
    Negative visualization, Jerry. It explains a lot about where you're at.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    It shows you joined the Forums on Jan 2015. If you haven't figured out the game by now then I don't know what to tell you. Cascades suck but there's no real way to avoid them.
  • carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    The OP wasn't posting about bad cascades, he was posting about insulting battle tips. And they are insulting. Nothing in them would actually help someone succeed at a level, they're just there to sell stuff. They could offer suggestions about teamups or what characters counter what other characters or when to use boosts effectively, or lots of other things, but instead they say "buy more to stuff to hurt your scaling more".
  • Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    There are good cascade counters, specifically Teen Jean and Loki. They won't help much against 5* cascades and their crazy match damage though.