Thank you for our Christmas presents!!!

Polares
Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
edited December 2016 in MPQ General Discussion
I was posting in another thread and then I realised that this Christmas, Devs have really done a great job of giving us interesting events and interesting rewards!!! Let's recap:

Galaktus, with 3 Thanos and Punisher covers
Double iso events
Naught&Nice Vault: Best Vault ever? 7 normal 4s, plus 3 1000HPs, plus 10 CPs. I can't remember a better store.
DDQ Thanos: In parallel to normal DDQ and with the possibility of winning five Thanos-LTs!!!
HP / ISO Sale
New 3 and 5 Thanos: Maybe the best 5 of all. My most favourite villain (together with Magneto) is at long last in the game (this will probably hurt my wallet icon_razz.gif)

Seriously, we are quite critical sometimes, but this is what most of us expect in a celebration! Good events, good rewards, and great new chars! (I know some people have been having some problems in the Galaktus event and hate this events in big festivities, so I guess nothing is perfect for everybody, but at least I hope they can solve the issues fast).

I am really happy about all this and I just want to say Thank you Devs and have a nice holidays!!

Comments

• Kishida
    Kishida Posts: 310 Mover and Shaker
    ^Seriously, this has been my #1 experience with this game in the 9 months I've been playing. Thanks y'all!
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Aside from the admittedly terrible Galactus bug, this feels more like what the Anniversary should have been.
  • ESN91
    ESN91 Posts: 71 Match Maker
    Really happy with these events !
    Thanos is one of my favourite characters in the Marvel Universe (I should have kept my CP for his vault).

Thanks devs !
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Just to balance things out:
    Galaktus event - too soon to judge, whether scaling will get bonkers like usually
    3* Thanos seems to be as good as Sentry, so basically 1k hp for a wasted roster slot
    Punisher is nice, I admit, but if scaling will be like other Boss events, I'll get one cover max which is no different than any other PvE.

Double ISO (a.k.a. regular ISO), lets be grateful and ignore how low are ISO gains compared to needs. With just 3* roster I currently need ~500k to re-champ some of my 2* and ~600k to champ few 3*.

X-mas vault - my is terrible, but that's just RNG. I'm still waiting for good vault where you have only option to earn tokens, not buy them.

New DDQ - pretty good. I wish it would happen more often, or just slap 2x ISO on regular DDQ and make Crash of the Titans available every second day.

Sale - come on, how is that even a gift for players, if you have to pay for it?

Thanos - whatever, another 5* that I have no chance in completing in the next 2 years.

What I'd want for X-mas:
    1. Signal intercepts for Steam users, or at least an option to transfer our roster to mobile account.
    2. Finishing SCL system.
    3. Real discussion about ISO gains that leads to some changes, not the "We understand the problem and thinking about it."
    4. Hopefully some adjustments for the ways of gaining 5*.

Right now we got a Christmas Card from petrol station and a pair of socks.
  • SnowcaTT
    SnowcaTT Posts: 3,486 Chairperson of the Boards
    I hear players say they get 4000-6000 iso a day on intercepts.

And now I hear intercepts are double ISO! Sounds great! 10K a day?!? For at least five days, wow!

Whoops...I'm a steam user. Apparently I get a lump of coal for Christmas.
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for all of the presents!

Also, thanks for making one of the Galactus pins a demolitionist node!! Those are my favorites to fight against! I find them a lot of fun and a cool strategy.
  • Agreed, I'm thankful for all the events, ISO influx and the proper Vaults this time.
  • Yeah, credit is due this time. So thx D3go!
  • westnyy2
    westnyy2 Posts: 194 Tile Toppler
    I am thankful that there is no "grindy" event on Xmas day. There is a PVP and Galactus but it isn't the devs fault that it falls on a Sunday. Realistically, a decent number of teams should topple off the Big G early.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm liking the stuff we got also. Only comment is it would have been nice it Glactus had a vault. Also a little bummed that naughty or nice vault didn't hand out Purple Reign tokens. However there are small. Overall this seems pretty good. Thanks.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,845 Chairperson of the Boards
    Alsmir wrote:
    Galaktus event - too soon to judge, whether scaling will get bonkers like usually
    3* Thanos seems to be as good as Sentry, so basically 1k hp for a wasted roster slot
    Punisher is nice, I admit, but if scaling will be like other Boss events, I'll get one cover max which is no different than any other PvE.

Double ISO (a.k.a. regular ISO), lets be grateful and ignore how low are ISO gains compared to needs. With just 3* roster I currently need ~500k to re-champ some of my 2* and ~600k to champ few 3*.

X-mas vault - my is terrible, but that's just RNG. I'm still waiting for good vault where you have only option to earn tokens, not buy them.

New DDQ - pretty good. I wish it would happen more often, or just slap 2x ISO on regular DDQ and make Crash of the Titans available every second day.

Thanos - whatever, another 5* that I have no chance in completing in the next 2 years.

What I'd want for X-mas:
    1. Signal intercepts for Steam users, or at least an option to transfer our roster to mobile account.
    2. Finishing SCL system.
    3. Real discussion about ISO gains that leads to some changes, not the "We understand the problem and thinking about it."

You're hard to please
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I give props for the Crash of the Mad Titan. It is sort of funny that that is the best part, since that appears to have so little effort put into it. I mean, it is just a DDQ clone with the background changed and the double iso flag turned on. But, hey, if you're going to copy something, copy the most loved part of the game, right? Can't argue with that. Haven't drawn a Thanos yet. Maybe that is for the best? But, so far got a Mr. Fantastic (unusable, color already at 5, sold icon_neutral.gif ) and a Punisher Max ( in my top 3 needed 4*'s icon_e_biggrin.gif ).

Anyway, I'm having fun with that. It is nice to have something a bit more digestible too, since many people don't have a lot of time around the holidays to play. I hope to see this return a few times through the year, and it doesn't end up just being a one time holiday thing.
  • grunth13
    grunth13 Posts: 608 Critical Contributor
    Polares wrote:
    I was posting in another thread and then I realised that this Christmas, Devs have really done a great job of giving us interesting events and interesting rewards!!! Let's recap:

Galaktus, with 3 Thanos and Punisher covers
    Double iso events
    Naught&Nice Vault: Best Vault ever? 7 normal 4s, plus 3 1000HPs, plus 10 CPs. I can't remember a better store.
    DDQ Thanos: In parallel to normal DDQ and with the possibility of winning five Thanos-LTs!!!
    HP / ISO Sale
    New 3 and 5 Thanos: Maybe the best 5 of all. My most favourite villain (together with Magneto) is at long last in the game (this will probably hurt my wallet icon_razz.gif)

Seriously, we are quite critical sometimes, but this is what most of us expect in a celebration! Good events, good rewards, and great new chars! (I know some people have been having some problems in the Galaktus event and hate this events in big festivities, so I guess nothing is perfect for everybody, but at least I hope they can solve the issues fast).

I am really happy about all this and I just want to say Thank you Devs and have a nice holidays!!

Also, to add, even though there have been some problems with galactus run #3, Brigby has been on the ball with updates. That is all we ask. The worst thing that can happen is you don't say a word for a whole week like in Boss Rush. That is the worst thing that could happen, and I am glad that it didn't happen this time. Even when no news is available, the fact that Brigby said, we are on it...WOW!!! That has kept the forums nice and serene. Probably one of the best runs so far except for Civil War #1 and that is only because we could win a 5 star. Really enjoying the events.
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    I am one of those who experienced the bug with Galactus not unlocking, but I still feel this has been awesome so far. Very happy with everything, if it wasn't for the bug. Awesome rewards, awesome events (thank God it's not an OP, overscaled boss rush event), and I love the crash of the mad titan event! Awesome work! Best MPQ moment in a while! Just fix the bug...
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Honestly, the best feature for me is that new Thanos DDQ.
    Yeah, it's functionally identical to the current DDQ, but the fact it gives you a legendary a day is just excellent and such a rewarding experience. Yeah it's challenging, but it's fun challenging so far. It's not "Mr Fantastic Vs Doctor Doom" challenging. I'd really like them to do this more often with 5* releases.

Double ISO is also very, very nice. I need that to happen more, I've got way too many 4*s closing in on 13 covers that I want to champ.

If this is a sign of things to come, then that's good. I think there's been this fear of giving away too much new stuff for free in the past and if it's going away, I'm all for it. If someone gets five 5* Thanos covers from the freebies, it's not going to break the game economy. The whales will whale up Thanos regardless, the majority of players won't get him usable for ages. Giving away Thanos tokens is hurting no-one.
  • Kjempen
    Kjempen Posts: 117 Tile Toppler
    Actually, crash of the mad titan also has another difference: the choice of characters to use (faction). I'm liking this!
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    Kjempen wrote:
    Actually, crash of the mad titan also has another difference: the choice of characters to use (faction). I'm liking this!

Yeah I like this too.

They should add another node to DDQ where you fight the last presented character with each of those factions. This way we could win two LTs every 5 days, which it is obviously not too much.
  • CT1888
    CT1888 Posts: 1,201 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crash of the Mad Titan is amazing. Well done on that, great addition for Christmas, thank you Devs.
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    The events and double iso they've given us have been great.
    But have been marred by the poor handling of 5* hulk compensation and the galactus locking issue.

...and not their neglect of steam users icon_e_sad.gif
    All in all, a typical day at MPQ-town.
  • Alsmir
    Alsmir Posts: 508 Critical Contributor
    Alsmir wrote:

What I'd want for X-mas:
    2. Finishing SCL system.

You're hard to please

Or I just experienced Xmas events in other games, so I actually can compare them and know which ones are bad.

Though, I admit, I'm pleasantly surprised that MPQ Galaktus wasn't just a one day deal.