Might as well be cheating!

Options
Cable Summers
Cable Summers Posts: 7
edited December 2016 in MtGPQ Events
In the Gatewatch event, the Inverter of truth is a giant Screw You to the players! 0-cost for it's ability, and no matter what deck theme/ Planeswalker you use you spend the entire time just waiting to die. I've spent the past day using every deck theme/PW to try and beat it, but can't. I'm lucky to get more then a match of 3 colors of any kind, but the AI can clear it's hand every turn. Making the events a challenge I'd one thing, but at this rate the AI is cheating. This is the first time I've ever had a problem with the game. I have 6 different Planeswalker that are level 60, and enough cards that one of the plethora of themes I've used should have worked just by pure luck, but no. I can't be the only one having problems with Inverter of Truth.

Comments

• hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    if it's the void gems problem then use colourless cards.
    your hand doesn't need to be balanced as you already
    know what you'll be facing before walking into battle.

HH
  • Cable Summers
    Options
    Yeah, I've already tried that. Didn't work.
  • techparadox
    Options
    Simple solution to get a win: A properly constructed Liliana 2 and her hordes of zombies. Load your deck up with the usual suspects, cheap creature removal, and let the dude eat his own gems while you merrily roll along using Blue to beat him to a pulp.
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    murk strider cost 3 mana(put another way any void gem match).
    it needs to process one but can throw out any target creature
    should your opponent not have a full hand.

HH
  • wereotter
    wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yep. It's worse if you're running a dual color planeswalker as he will wipe out all gems if both colors!

I was able to beat it and get all the ribbons. The trick, as suggested, is with new Liliana and Jace. He'll infect their primary color then turn void gems black. Good thing is Jace gets good bonuses from black and Liliana from blue, so you're not entirely screwed, and he doesn't get as much cascading like he would from running an actual two color planeswalker.
  • AettThorn
    Options
    I finally had great success with a bounce deck. Doesn't kill his creatures, and basically gives you more time to pump up your own creatures. Just keep sending whatever he summons back into his own hand. It also makes it much less likely he'll get his kill spells, as his hand will eventually get bogged down with creatures which you just bounce again.
  • DragonSorcerer
    DragonSorcerer Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I used an Ob deck with lots of removal inc. Oath of Liliana. Wait until there are no black gems before casting his ultimate and buff it when you can to keep it off black.
  • Barlow
    Barlow Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I found 2 decks work 100% of the time:

-Liliana 1.0 with discards (Transgress the Mind, Mindmelter, etc.) and a healthy amount of card draw and rez (There's a 9-cost rare rez from Origins that works really well).

-Ob Noxilis with instant kills, discards, and card-draw. Build up to Forbidden Knowledge and spam Dark Pact for constant damage.