THANOS!
​Info on broken powers,
and Bucky!

http://www.puzzlewarriors3.com/pw3-e70.html

Comments

• Varg138
    Varg138 Posts: 128 Tile Toppler
    Re: Bucky

3/5/5 definitely the way to go if you're using him. His purple is a decent TU to send if you can respec to 5 purple (though the recipient may not get that color for the TU).

His blue is underrated. You get benefits if the CD goes off or if it's matched. The attack tile is no joke, and if you run him with someone who puts out strike tiles, you can end the match with those combined alone.

His red is a bit expensive, but I use him a lot when he is boosted, since that does over 20K damage and can one-shot many toons. Best strategy I've found is to get 3clops yellow TUs when I plan to use him to give me a better chance of matching it.

I'm not normally a fan of toons with CD tile powers, and Bucky is not going to play well on defense, but he has his place and his powers match the character well.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Haven’t had a chance to listen just yet, but having champed him recently, you do have some board control with his purple to possibly set up a red tile match, triggering that extra damage on Moving Target. Not as exact or reliable as someone like Quicksilver, but an option if you need it.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    XaOs72 wrote:
    ...and Bucky!

Called it icon_e_smile.gif

And now, to listen...
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    I guess my problem with his blue is that it's just not the minefield that Fury's blue is. Yes, those attack tiles *can* end a match after a turn or two. But you can chisel with Fury's blue (one match at a time) or let them fall on an anti-tank mine, and scatter their bits to the sun.

That's my problem. With Daredevil, redflag.pngtrap.png tiles get avoided or destroyed outright. Heck, just bring Daken, Blade, Psylocke, IM46, Patch, 2* Wolverine, Fury, or even Sentry. Anyone who impacts red tiles overwrites Daredevil's trap. THAT SUCKS.

With Doom, you know making purple matches can remove the sting from his plotting.

With Fury, they're ALL OVER THE FREAKING PLACE.

Whereas with Bucky, eh, well, you might step on one. Bucky gets less than half of Fury's trap count. It's as though they took the best parts of Fury, and made them confusing and clunky. There you have Bucky.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Another good show,

No sorry, I am not the Tony you know, so likely my loss icon_e_biggrin.gif I just carried the name over from when I used to play the god awful Godfather, Kabams old piece of dross. It was just the first forum name that came to mind to separate my IGN from the forum so people you upset on here don't hit you up in game icon_e_biggrin.gif

Anyway really enjoyable and please keep the bios, I only got into the game from my son and it adds some interesting info on character of the week. A fun quick way to learn some back story, as anyone outside of the 74 previous Spiderman movies or 90's Spideman cartoon is a mystery to me icon_e_biggrin.gif

On a selfish note the Podcast hits the UK quite late 9pm ish so I save it for my 1hr commute home. Can you please make sure the podcast is 1hr long to cover my full drive as the last 7 minutes in silence was awkward icon_mrgreen.gif

Wishing you a Merry She-Hulk day!
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    ronin-san wrote:
    I guess my problem with his blue is that it's just not the minefield that Fury's blue is. Yes, those attack tiles *can* end a match after a turn or two. But you can chisel with Fury's blue (one match at a time) or let them fall on an anti-tank mine, and scatter their bits to the sun.

That's my problem. With Daredevil, redflag.pngtrap.png tiles get avoided or destroyed outright. Heck, just bring Daken, Blade, Psylocke, IM46, Patch, 2* Wolverine, Fury, or even Sentry. Anyone who impacts red tiles overwrites Daredevil's trap. THAT SUCKS.

With Doom, you know making purple matches can remove the sting from his plotting.

With Fury, they're ALL OVER THE FREAKING PLACE.

Whereas with Bucky, eh, well, you might step on one. Bucky gets less than half of Fury's trap count. It's as though they took the best parts of Fury, and made them confusing and clunky. There you have Bucky.

I would put Bucky far above Fury personally. Fury’s blue is a royal pain the eyepatch, but that’s really all he’s got going on. Everything else you can pretty much shrug off if you’re using a 4* champed team.

The one drawback on Bucky’s blue is that the enemy has to match it for the attack tiles to spawn – if you do it, it does nothing. But if they do spawn, oh my, they are nice. Each one does 1514 damage (champed at 5 blue), and this past week when boosted it was doing 3K each. One match an enemy matched two of the traps and the attack tiles were doing 6000 each turn. Just brutal, and I think it offsets the decreased number of traps compared to Fury’s.

But not just that, his red puts him above Fury too. The 4 turn countdown does take forever but if you’re careful when you fire it, preferably with clusters of red tiles, its devastating. Pair him with Falcap to make it go quicker in any case.

If you’re looking to counter a Bucky, make sure you have someone who can flip attack tiles. That’s a nice way to turn those brutal attack tiles back on him.

I do agree with you on the way most trap characters work. Its ridiculous that Elektra and Daredevil get their traps constantly overwritten by Hand goons, when they should be the experts in kicking Hand tail.
  • JeffCascadian
    JeffCascadian Posts: 665 Critical Contributor
    --Yakov Smirnoff is not only alive and well but owns a comedy theater in Missouri. He is also quite a painter and did a very well-received and famous mural that commemorated 9-11.
    --I have 12 covers on Goddess of Thunder so her Crash of the Titans went very well. So, for that matter, did her Crash of the Mad Titan. Speaking of, I did win Crash of the Mad Titan each day. Day one I lost with Champion'd Rocket & Groot but won with an less than fully cover'd Star-Lord. Days 2-4 were wins with the allowed 3-star characters. Back to regular Crash of the Titans, I was surprised to win with Spider-Gwen. It was my fourth attempt before I pulled it off but a victory is a victory so I'm not complaining. I only have three covers for Kate Bishop so there's no chance at all of a victory.
    --Galactus went well for my alliance and would have been better had it not ended on a major holiday. Since most of the alliance had "better" things to do, we made it into but not past round seven. I did make full progression personally so that's good.
    --I now have five covers for 3-star Thanos and one cover for the 5-star. I like him. He's appropriately thematic. I'm using the 3-star every day in Dat Required Character just for fun. The extra match-damage power doesn't do anything for me because he almost never tanks a color when I have him with other 3-stars.
    --Physically, Apocalypse is more similar to Darkseid but I think Thanos & Darkseid are similar as cosmic threats.
    --Yay for all the 2-star covers I received from the Naughty & Nice Vault. icon_razz.gif
    --I loved the daily Crash of the Mad Titan. I'd love to see this daily instead of the once every five days Crash of the Titans.
    --The Punisher cover from progression in Unstable ISO-8 will likely just be sold for ISO. If my alliance had made it through round seven of Galactus then I would have had 13 covers on Punisher and Champion'd him but since we didn't this cover will be #6 for its color and therefore not likely to be useful unless I just happen to draw a color I can use for him in a fortnight.
    --Part of my son's present was to be six months of VIP status but he wanted to take advantage of the holiday sale on Hero Points so we bought him the Logan's Loonies (which gave him enough Hero Points to open three roster spaces) and he'll have four months of VIP. He's already enjoying the lack of ads for SHIELD Intercepts.
    --I like Nia Vandalos but have no opinion on her performance on whatever baking show she's on. I have zero interest in watching other people cook/bake/whatever.
    --Good job on Bucky's bio, Ray. The one error is that he hasn't been Cap in years although Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson are both Captain America currently.
    --I'm surprised to see that my Winter Solider is 2/2/1 since I didn't think I had that many covers on him. He's still not useful yet. Since it will be *months* before he comes up in Crash again, I presume I'll have more covers and be ready for it next time.
    --I'm always glad to see Moonstone covers since she helps keep my Hulk as my strongest 3-star. As a proponent of the Stormfinite team combination, I recognize the need to maintain Hulk as STRONGEST ONE THERE IS!
    --I think far too much attention is paid to which 4-star is supplied by 3-star Champions. So what that Hulk provides TA Hulk covers? That's only three covers out of 100 Champion levels for Hulk. I don't have any 3-stars that have even hit the point where they award the second 4-star cover. It's just not that big of a deal.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,790 Chairperson of the Boards
    Enjoyable show as usual. 1 hour to drive across the UK, I told that joke to my butler, while he made me a cup of tea as I brushed my bad teeth icon_e_biggrin.gif Although to be fair if our roads weren't so rubbish you would likely be right!

Not a fan of 3* thanos, stopped token hoarding for him the instant I realised I don't ever want to use him again. Which probably means I will be flooded with his covers very soon.

Crash of the mad titan was indeed awesome and finally a good daily way to get the covers a 3* player needs to transition while being a test with the 3*. Take away the legendary token and make it a 4* token or 4* on rotation and I'd probably stop playing pvp and pve past the CP. It was the best bit of the holiday event. The next time you get the Devs on you have to stress how much this needs to come back!
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I enjoyed the background on Bucky and look forward to hearing more about future Featured Characters of the Week... week... week. Not being fully caught up on the current goings-on in the MCU, it's a nice tidbit to flesh out these digital pawns we toss out match after match. Great job and episode overall!